Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

DHop will be a Bill Friday. The Cards want a 2nd so they may wait it out until that round is completed. We offer next year’s 3rd that we get for Tremaine and maybe a 6th rounder this year in exchange for them eating some of DHops salary. 

This thread is going to lose their minds if the Bills take a WR at 27.

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I saw an interesting mock draft yesterday.  It had Buffalo trading for Hopkins.  The cost?  Buffalo trades #27 to Arizona for Arizona's pick at #34.  That means Buffalo gets Hopkins by dropping seven spots to the top of the second round.  The big sticking point, that the mock draft doesn't get in to is what Beane has to do in the way of salary rewrites to manage the cap implications of paying Hopkins.

27 for 34 is the trendy predicted trade proposal by fans and pundits as of late. But I still think it's going to cost more than just moving down 7 picks. Probably also a 4th or a 5th.

2 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

There's some serious mental gymnastics going on around here trying to connect the dots🤣

Same thing that happens anytime something somewhat meaningful is said. Fans freak out. They start looking for any info and cling on to random Twitter accounts that say what they want to hear to gain followers.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This thread is going to lose their minds if the Bills take a WR at 27.

27 for 34 is the trendy predicted trade proposal by fans and pundits as of late. But I still think it's going to cost more than just moving down 7 picks. Probably also a 4th or a 5th.

Same thing that happens anytime something somewhat meaningful is said. Fans freak out. They start looking for any info and cling on to random Twitter accounts that say what they want to hear to gain followers.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2023/4/26/23699319/report-ravens-trade-for-wr-deandre-hopkins-is-close-as-teams-figure-out-draft-compensation-and-money

Uh-oh!

Beans won’t overpay in draft capital or salary to get Hopkins.

If someone else steps in and offers him more money and the Cards better picks, he won’t be a Bill.  Unless Hopkins is directing traffic and is ultimately choosing the team.

My biggest concern is the salary cap implications.  Hop would have to restructure and convert a ton of his salary this year to bonus to make it happen.  There is only so much you can do to cheat the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jaybills said:

Again, it’s says they’re close but have to figure out money and compensation. What else is there to do? You think if they were close they would have 1 of the 2 things figured out already. 

3 hours ago, jaybills said:
Edited by BananaB