Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, drummernut74 said:

True, but that's with Lamar's contract under the franchise tag number.  What would his actual contract be?  He's not even set in stone

He’d probably play under his franchise tag and the extension would take effect in 2024 when the cap is projected to go up 30 million.  They can do it if they wanted 

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was going to follow this thread, and I never got around to until now. Could someone please give me a synopsis of the last (--checks the page index--) 225 pages?

No

we all do all the hard work and you want it free !

Hopkins to Ravens done deal

lol

:)

in regard to the discussion ...

I do like the trade of picks. 34 is not bad.
its still about the monies

Edited by 3rdand12

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was going to follow this thread, and I never got around to until now. Could someone please give me a synopsis of the last (--checks the page index--) 225 pages?

Hopkins is available but he said you're not his type.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Someone speculated Hopkins may come to the Bills. Or he might go to other teams.  Or not.

:beer: 

Lots of sports peeps all saying Hopkins is going to a lot of different teams.

Just now, Heitz said:

Someone speculated Hopkins may come to the Bills. Or he might go to other teams.  Or not.

:beer: 

summarized exactly

Just now, The Red King said:

But definitely the Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It's going to be a 5 team trade where transactions will occur through the first 2 months of the season and traded to a new team every two weeks.  At the November 1st deadline, the team he had the most touchdowns with will retain/regain his rights for the remainder of the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

If it's a Rd 1 pick swap I doubt the Bills would do this until they are on the clock. They probably have so many round 1 guys and if they are gone then this is more palpable 

I agree, they may have eyes on Addison but if he doesn't make it within range, then go the DHop route (although I prefer the DHop route). 

I wonder if they would unleash the Oliver transaction at the same time.  I believe the FO would need to move Oliver to make finances work for DHop, even if AZ eats a portion of the $19M.  And the available DLs at 27 might make a difference between doing the slide down to 34 method or just giving an outright 3rd rounder.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Yeah I don't put much into any of the info.    The Cardinals may have zero strong interest.   Or they may well only have 1 strongly interested team.....so they are leaking false info to try to get more from that team.   The teams that are being used with false info don't care because they all have a vested interest in that acquiring team paying more.   So if the Ravens are the team that really wants him.......leaking that their AFC rivals Bills and Chiefs might be close may help force their hand a bit.  And those teams don't mind a good AFC team losing a good draft pick.   So it's worth a shot.  As a Yankees fan I've seen that game used for years in the offseason. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Say what y'all want, I'm rolling with him and his reporting and I hope you're all going to his restaurant for crow fricassee when Hopkins is a Buffalo Bill😎

First round will be on me!!!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I agree, they may have eyes on Addison but if he doesn't make it within range, then go the DHop route (although I prefer the DHop route). 

I wonder if they would unleash the Oliver transaction at the same time.  I believe the FO would need to move Oliver to make finances work for DHop, even if AZ eats a portion of the $19M.  And the available DLs at 27 might make a difference between doing the slide down to 34 method or just giving an outright 3rd rounder.

Today is not the day to make a trade, since you have no idea who might fall to you. We might have a bunch of Bills fans staying up late to see……the Bills not making a pick. I think most would be okay with that if it came to be.