Chicago— New Stadium Renderings

Miyagi-Do Karate

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Who is going to go in there to hang out while a football game is NOT going on?

I think you’d be surprised.

My brother and I were at Lambeau the day before the Bills and Packers played in 2018. We ate at a nice restaurant inside. The place was packed and the food and atmosphere were top notch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, they did an actual economic study on it.

Where's your report?

I wonder if "they" are the same people that are responsible for the economic prosperity of WNY. I don't have a report, but economic logic kind of dictates that ancillary benefit to a capital project is more likely where your greater population and infrastructure are located. But of course "they" have done such a great job with the economy of WNY, we should not second guess.

5 hours ago, gjv said:

I believe the Powers to Be in planning and approving the new WNY stadium made an economic blunder by not putting the stadium in downtown Buffalo. In my opinion, the ancillary economic benefit of the stadium would have been much greater for WNY in the downtown location than in Orchard Park.

The economic effect is like getting a new target

According to their stadium study… So it would be like the first ward getting a new target

And they are absolutely not the people in control of the economic prosperity of buffalo and Western New York

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Beast said:

I think you’d be surprised.

My brother and I were at Lambeau the day before the Bills and Packers played in 2018. We ate at a nice restaurant inside. The place was packed and the food and atmosphere were top notch.

As ticket prices rise and price out more regular fans, the amenities become more important and more lucrative. Chicago will be able to fill those seats for other sporting events, concerts, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that is a ”renovation”

That renovation is amazing.

And it is a bit embarrassing that we still don’t have more than 1 angle in 1 rendering.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's embarrassing when you see this and what the new Titans stadium is supposed to look like compared to what we're getting as new stadium 

I guess when Pegula said it will be very “Buffalo”, he meant… not as good as anyone else’s new stadium. I guess he did say it would be “scaled-down” but it’s kinda sad just how much scaled down it looks so far compared to others.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That renovation is amazing.

And it is a bit embarrassing that we still don’t have more than 1 angle in 1 rendering.

I guess when Pegula said it will be very “Buffalo”, he meant… not as good as anyone else’s new stadium. I guess he did say it would be “scaled-down” but it’s kinda sad just how much scaled down it looks so far compared to others.

How much are those Buffalo's gonna cost in the front? That money could have been used to put a little more money into it

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's embarrassing when you see this and what the new Titans stadium is supposed to look like compared to what we're getting as new stadium 

I mean there's a difference in the populace & wealth & revenue among Western NY, the greater Chicago area, and the Nashville metro area.  

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL has been trying to rip the bills away from Buffalo for 20 years

Trying to force us into building a new stadium or relocate… An area that financially really can’t Build a brand new billion dollar stadium

No fortune 500 companies in Buffalo

That’s why Terry needs help from the state government… And why he’s not gonna own the stadium

But we are getting a new stadium and the bills will be here forever…. And there are people still bitching

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

How much are their stadiums gonna cost to build?

New Titans stadium will be 150% more than what the Bills stadium will be.  2.1B vs 1.4B

My suspicion is the new Bears stadium project will be between 3-4B

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Still, it's embarrassing 

I would say spending multiple billions on a football stadium is far more embarrassing.

For me, the stadium crap is by far the worst part of pro sports. Multi-Billionairs demanding tax payers to fund their multi-billion dollar playgrounds, or threatening to tear their team from their hearts. And we just had evidence of how much these clubs mean to the local communities. It's the most immoral thing in sports. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

aren't they 100% committed to leaving the city? 

That’s what I thought. I thought they were gone from the disaster that is the City of Chicago? This is just a desperate attempt from the city to pressure them to stay. That mayor is a gong show, destroyed that city. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

That’s what I thought. I thought they were gone from the disaster that is the City of Chicago? This is just a desperate attempt from the city to pressure them to stay. That mayor is a gong show, destroyed that city. 

That's just...Chicago is great. It's doing great, a quick google search tells me the city had its highest growth rate since 2000. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I drove past Foxboro a couple months ago. I saw two hotels and a strip mall. Impressive really.

Granted, it's two more hotels and 1 more strip mall more than OP has built at the stadium in 50 years but whatever. There wasn't a specific reason to stop. What Denver is doing around Mile High was more impressive but it's also way closer to downtown than either OP or Foxboro.

Does the strip mall come with a “ massage” parlor?

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s embarrassing that you’re complaining

You're gonna tell me compared to what other teams already have and what the Bears and Titans are getting that it's not embarrassing? It's ok to say something like that. You don't need to get your panties in a twist, sweetie 😘

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I guess I don't want to get into a political narrative debate, so all I'll say is that much of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in areas of lower SES, while the higher SES/Tourist areas are quite safe. I know some people in Chicago and the numbers back that up as well. 

Larger point, it doesn't matter where in the country you are, the lower the SES, the higher the crime rates. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You're gonna tell me compared to what other teams already have and what the Bears and Titans are getting that it's not embarrassing? It's ok to say something like that. You don't need to get your panties in a twist, sweetie 😘

No I’m not embarrassed by Ralph Wilson stadium or any new stadium we’re getting

I’m ecstatic my children’s children will get to watch the Buffalo Bills

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

I guess I don't want to get into a political narrative debate, so all I'll say is that much of the crime in Chicago is concentrated in areas of lower SES, while the higher SES/Tourist areas are quite safe. I know some people in Chicago and the numbers back that up as well. 

Larger point, it doesn't matter where in the country you are, the lower the SES, the higher the crime rates. 

People always say the crime in Chicago is limited to certain areas, but Chicago’s police crime map seems to show a different story:

E42-E2-D3-B-8-EE4-4-DBE-94-C6-568627860-

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I’m not embarrassed by Ralph Wilson stadium or any new stadium we’re getting

I’m ecstatic my children’s children will get to watch the Buffalo Bills

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The economic effect is like getting a new target

According to their stadium study… So it would be like the first ward getting a new target

And they are absolutely not the people in control of the economic prosperity of buffalo and Western New York

If what you say is true, and the consultant's conclusion was a 1.5 billion dollar stadium has the same impact on ancillary investments as a new target in Buffalo 1st ward, then once again the people of WNY got shafted. What's even more alarming is that the people are so docile and gullible to believe that nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, gjv said:

If what you say is true, and the consultant's conclusion was a 1.5 billion dollar stadium has the same impact on ancillary investments as a new target in Buffalo 1st ward, then once again the people of WNY got shafted. What's even more alarming is that the people are so docile and gullible to believe that nonsense. 

Every single stadium report done in the last 15 years has shown Little to no economic improvement

That’s on Stadium built across the country

Something that is in use 10 to 20 times a year does not generate as much money as you think

And it didn’t specifically say a target in the first ward.. It said the new Buffalo Bills stadium impact will bring about the same economic return as a new target

I just picked the first ward because it’s close to where maybe a downtown stadium Could have been

But it’s not happening

Maybe the gullible person is the one who believes it’s something it’s not

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.