AFC top 3 Seed Flow Chart

BLeonard

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

Kansas City is going to pound the Raiders 

Some folks who post here are even hoping for it. Shabby creatures, those trolls.

Nonetheless, there's a small chance the Raiders play spoiler. If KC can struggle against the Broncos, they can have a close one with the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

If the Bengals lose at home to Tyler Huntley, then they deserve to have their 1st round playoff game location decided by a coin flip. 

Sometimes it is opposition defense which determines outcome NOT the QB.  Huntley can make enough plays to keep them in game.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Hou and Den brought KC down to the wire.  This game isn't a gimmie for kc buf or cincy

So if we get the 1 seed and play KC or Cincy it'll be in Buffalo? 

Bills are gonna smoke the Patriots. There’s absolutely no way they lose and if I had any money I’d put it all up. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll just watch the Saturday games to see what happens.

Sunday morning will have any "left over" scenario's drummed into all our heads.

LOL.

Probably the easiest way, lol  However, I usually get tasked with explaining the scenarios to most everyone in the Bills Backers group at the bar I go to, so I kinda prepare in advance.

As of now, there are 128 seeding scenarios left.  By the time the Bills kick off, it'll be down to 32, so much easier to navigate then, lol

6 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Probably the easiest way, lol  However, I usually get tasked with explaining the scenarios to most everyone in the Bills Backers group at the bar I go to, so I kinda prepare in advance.

As of now, there are 128 seeding scenarios left.  By the time the Bills kick off, it'll be down to 32, so much easier to navigate then, lol

Glad I’m not the only one.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Glad I’m not the only one.

Especially with the craziness this year.  I've already gotten a few texts among the lines of "You're bringing the paper Sunday, right?"

"The paper" being the scenarios charted out, which gets folded into a piece of origami to hide the scenarios of teams that lose throughout the day.

• Haha (+1) 2

Short of the game being resumed, this was brilliant. It does a terrific job aligning current seeding odds with chance of success within the scenarios. Chiefs benefit, but it couldn’t be perfect. And they did it without upheaving 7-14 playoff teams or undermining the format. Of course there’s no way I could process it without the trickle chart.

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Some folks who post here are even hoping for it. Shabby creatures, those trolls.

Nonetheless, there's a small chance the Raiders play spoiler. If KC can struggle against the Broncos, they can have a close one with the Raiders.

Broncos, Raiders and Chargers.  Struggles.  In their first game vs. the Raiders, the Raiders held a 3Q lead and the final score was 30-29.  

Unlikely?  Yes.  Out of the question?  Absolutely not.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The Raiders really do have a shot at winning against the Chiefs. I know it's unlikely, based upon how those Chiefs games seemingly always go, but look at the last four games the Chiefs have won. Twice against the Broncos, the failling Seahawks, and the mighty Houston Texans. Some of those games were close and none were blowouts.

The Raiders went toe to toe with San Fran and lost in overtime. They beat New England and they beat the Chargers. Granted they did lose to the Rams and Steelers, by a combined 4 point margin, both road games instead of at home. Yeah, the QB situation is obviously a factor, but from what little we've seen it does look like he's a good fit for the current system.

So yeah, we know how this situation almost always plays out, but maybe this will be one of those rare occasions where it doesn't go KC's way. Depends on if the Raiders show up to play relatively mistake free football with nothing on the line but respect and the chance to screw over the Chiefs. Let's hope that's enough.

Raiders also had a 17 point lead against  KC in their first meeting which they couldn't hold on too!

Edited by TAinLA
spelling

14 hours ago, BLeonard said:

Found this elsewhere and figured it'd be worth posting, so the question of who gets what seed under X result can be consolidated into one, easy to read spot.

514338052_SeedFlowChart.thumb.jpg.68a16a480803e3021ba981e06290ac38.jpg

Reviewing this chart reminds of one other conundrum..

Oh no, I’ve gone crosseyed.

Smashing Basil.

All kidding aside, all we can control is demoralizing the Cheatriots tomorrow and let the chips fall.  I seriously doubt the Raiders can beat the Chiefs, but I’ll watch with some hopes for a quarter.

16 hours ago, BLeonard said:

Coin flip has zero to do with the Bills.  Only between Baltimore and Cincinnati if the Ravens win Sunday and they'd meet in the first round of the playoffs.

If the Ravens end up hosting the Bengals, are they also assigned the 3 seed, or are they still a 6 seed?  Just curious if they were to then win first round and the 2 seed lost, would they be hosting the 4/5 winner as the 3 seed in the divisional round, or would they go on the road somewhere as the 6 seed? 

Someone previously posted that Bills would have nothing to play for Sunday if the Chiefs won because they would be locked into #2 seed based on having tiebreaker over Bengals if Bengals beat Ravens and Bills lost to Pats.  Based on the flowchart that's incorrect.  Is it?  Even if Chiefs won and Bills did have tiebreaker over Bengals, Bills would still be playing for chance to have AFCC played at neutral site instead of KC.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Someone previously posted that Bills would have nothing to play for Sunday if the Chiefs won because they would be locked into #2 seed based on having tiebreaker over Bengals if Bengals beat Ravens and Bills lost to Pats.  Based on the flowchart that's incorrect.  Is it?  Even if Chiefs won and Bills did have tiebreaker over Bengals, Bills would still be playing for chance to have AFCC played at neutral site instead of KC.

Don't the Bengals also hold the tie-breaker over us due to Strength of Victory?  We could drop to 3rd seed.

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

So if Bills lose and Bengals win tomorrow ….and they go in as Bills 3 and Bengals 2….Bills play AT Bengals in divisional round?

Assuming they both win their first playoff game, the answer is yes.  Which is why I think the Bills will be very motivated to win tomorrow and prevent having to go back to the Bengals stadium this year.

16 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

We should all be aware that last Monday nights game of 7 minutes in length was equivalent to a bye week imho.  the team should be physically healthy because of that on Sunday.  Mentally?   tbd.

I don't remember our game being 7 minutes.

I think it ended with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

15 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Assuming they both win their first playoff game, the answer is yes.  Which is why I think the Bills will be very motivated to win tomorrow and prevent having to go back to the Bengals stadium this year.

That would suck

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

So if Bills lose and Bengals win tomorrow ….and they go in as Bills 3 and Bengals 2….Bills play AT Bengals in divisional round?

Correct.

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If the Ravens end up hosting the Bengals, are they also assigned the 3 seed, or are they still a 6 seed?  Just curious if they were to then win first round and the 2 seed lost, would they be hosting the 4/5 winner as the 3 seed in the divisional round, or would they go on the road somewhere as the 6 seed? 

They haven't said anything about the seeds changing and they've made it clear that Cincinnati is the North Champions regardless, so I'm gonna assume that Baltimore would still be the 6 seed and have to go on the road.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't remember our game being 7 minutes.

I think it ended with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

There was about 5:58 left in the 1st quarter.  

Just over 9 mins of game time had elapsed. 

3 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

If the Bengals win, they would overtake the Bills if the Bills were to lose to the Patriots based on the SOV tiebreaker.  The Bills would also lose the opportunity to have a neutral site game if they met the Chiefs in the AFC Championship, even if the Bengals lost and the Bills held onto the 2 seed.

Even with a Chiefs win today, the Bills have plenty to play for tomorrow.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Don't ask me how but the Raiders always play the Chiefs tough. Vegas has Waller and Renfro back. Stidham lit it up last week. Anything can happen. 

Oh by all means I am not nor would i ever count out anything happening.  I do get the sense that this is just how the Bills gotta earn their first SB win.  No one is gonna say Bills lucked into a Lombardi or question this team as a complete team that's on the same mission and won't be stopped.  I expect this bonding will be a solid foundation as they add to their legacy and just maybe this team will have the tenacity to match 4 straight SB but flip the losses into 4 straight wins.  After that if they get a 5th str sb appearance I think the 90s team will salute this version as the a worthy successor for the record and since it's still a Bills record they'll celebrate it not be the jerks the Miami 72 team with their undefeated year.  I'm certainly hopeful that one one the SB years is a undefeated season to win a 17 game season and sb for a new standard.

I could easily see Mahomes and the Chiefs lose today.

Edited by AuntieEm

22 hours ago, BLeonard said:

Found this elsewhere and figured it'd be worth posting, so the question of who gets what seed under X result can be consolidated into one, easy to read spot.

514338052_SeedFlowChart.thumb.jpg.68a16a480803e3021ba981e06290ac38.jpg

There's a contingency of the board that will be lost on this. There's a decent size box wine crowd here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.