What Bengals & Chiefs fans are saying about the situation:

BigDingus

This is a new low. There is a poster on the Bengals forum that believes this is all a conspiracy by the NFL to make money and or to make the Bills the champs. Damar is fine and this was all staged. There are some posters that are saying that's pretty far out there but you would think the mods would have something to say about that. That's pretty much the lowest of lows

• Haha (+1) 1

I've always had a great respect for Chiefs fans, and that franchise in general.

But if they are going to complain about how the NFL didn't just hand them all benefits of the #1 seed, then every single one of them can go to #+!!. 

Out of the four teams involved, Kansas City easily got the best end of the deal.

Going into Monday night's game, every team had a BEST and WORST case scenario that depended heavily on the results.  The NFL compromised by putting everybody into a middle-ground.  Nobody got the best situation they could hope for.  Nobody got the worst situation they could hope for.

If things went right, both Buffalo and Kansas City were hoping for the first-round bye and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.  If things went wrong, either of those teams could have easily found themselves playing on wild card weekend, and later going on the road for the championship game.  The biggest difference was, only Buffalo actually controlled its own destiny.  

Pretty much everyone with a shred of humanity agreed that Monday's game shouldn't have continued.  And the NFL couldn't find a feasible way to finish it with only one-week left in the season.  None of this falls on either the Bills or Bengals, and neither team should be penalized for it.

A few days ago, the Chiefs had no control over their own destiny.  They walk out of the situation with the greatest gift of all, allowing them to completely skip the first round.  As a bonus, they also don't have to play a January playoff game in Buffalo.  How their fans can whine about this... I have absolutely no idea.  The Bengals don't even got a shot at the #1 seed anymore (even if other games fall their way), and both North teams could be losing homefield advantage based on a freaking coin flip.

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is a new low. There is a poster on the Bengals forum that believes this is all a conspiracy by the NFL to make money and or to make the Bills the champs. Damar is fine and this was all staged. There are some posters that are saying that's pretty far out there but you would think the mods would have something to say about that. That's pretty much the lowest of lows

I don't want to veer too far from football, but it's kind of sobering to think that people like this have always been among us, and it's mainly thanks to the internet that we know about them.  If this person had had an internet connection back in 2001, he'd be telling us how jet fuel can't melt steel beams. 

Let's try to resist the temptation to judge a fan base on their craziest fan.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

I don’t know why people care what other fans say or post. It’s all so juvenile. But I guess it’s the nature of the interwebs.

I agree it’s odd that Chiefs are in line for the top seed despite losing to Bills and Bengals. However, those losses are apart of the calculus and the Chiefs were still tied with the Bills record-wise and ahead of the Bengals. 

This is rich coming from you. 

KC once again gets the Breaks

Remember when the AFC West was to be the best Division ever, never mind

No roughing on Wilson last week who knows

Raiders basically pack it in the last game of year,

Played the NFC south (enough said ) 

Never ever have any injuries to speak of

Never ever seem to play in bad weather

Only rough road game they played was Cinn and lost

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

KC once again gets the Breaks

Remember when the AFC West was to be the best Division ever, never mind

No roughing on Wilson last week who knows

Raiders basically pack it in the last game of year,

Played the NFC south (enough said ) 

Never ever have any injuries to speak of

Never ever seem to play in bad weather

Only rough road game they played was Cinn and lost

Handed a playoff bye when the team that controlled their destiny never lost a game.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

I agree for the most part, but the Chiefs are awarded home field and the bye after losing to both the Bills and Bengals. 

Im honestly surprised so many Chiefs fans are upset by a potential neutral field AFCCG. 

They are, by far, the thinnest skinned, most insecure fanbase on Twitter.  See a tweet that puts anyone even close to on par with Mahomes and they throw a cyber temper tantrum. 

That being said .. I genuinely thought they’d be happy by the lot they’ve been given.  

They get the bye if they win today.  Home field in the Divisional Round.  Avoid having to play both BUF & CIN.  …and the slight they’ve been given isn’t even a road game (of which Mahomes still won’t play one). 

At least the Pats fanbase had the GOAT and constantly made it to, and won Super Bowls.   The Chiefs have won one with Mahomes and got blown out in the other ..  and they never stop crying. 

I am beginning to loathe the Chiefs and their fanbase.
Is that PC enough ?

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

There's a betting site I go to called Covers. There is actually an entire thread about this exact same thing. I got sick reading it. Some excerpts

"This is all set up by the NFL. You're trying to tell me Hamlin woke from a coma and the first thing he asked was, 'did we win', not where's my wife and kids?"

"This was all caused by the vaccine and this is just a cover up"

It was disgusting to read, and it was maybe 50/50 with insane people who had their own theories and the sane people who thought they were crazy. There is obviously little to no moderation on that board.

7 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The Author Kurt Vonnegut, once said of his hometown of Indianapolis: "Where common speech sounds like a band saw cutting galvanized tin". Western New York, has that same Midwestern accent..

I grew up in Toledo after being born and spending a decent amount of time in Brockport. Both accents and speech are vastly different to me. Buffalo is Bostonian mixed with Canadian. Toledo, Ohio, and that state up north have a very basic easy speech pattern of enunciation. Every word has it's sound and I learned coming down south that when the southern folks speak and use all the letters of the alphabet they are usually done to talk down to someone. So I had to remove about 16 letters from my alphabet to fit in and speak like common folk here. 

Edit. I never grew up. 

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I've always had a great respect for Chiefs fans, and that franchise in general.

But if they are going to complain about how the NFL didn't just hand them all benefits of the #1 seed, then every single one of them can go to #+!!. 

Out of the four teams involved, Kansas City easily got the best end of the deal.

Going into Monday night's game, every team had a BEST and WORST case scenario that depended heavily on the results.  The NFL compromised by putting everybody into a middle-ground.  Nobody got the best situation they could hope for.  Nobody got the worst situation they could hope for.

If things went right, both Buffalo and Kansas City were hoping for the first-round bye and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.  If things went wrong, either of those teams could have easily found themselves playing on wild card weekend, and later going on the road for the championship game.  The biggest difference was, only Buffalo actually controlled its own destiny.  

Pretty much everyone with a shred of humanity agreed that Monday's game shouldn't have continued.  And the NFL couldn't find a feasible way to finish it with only one-week left in the season.  None of this falls on either the Bills or Bengals, and neither team should be penalized for it.

A few days ago, the Chiefs had no control over their own destiny.  They walk out of the situation with the greatest gift of all, allowing them to completely skip the first round.  As a bonus, they also don't have to play a January playoff game in Buffalo.  How their fans can whine about this... I have absolutely no idea.  The Bengals don't even got a shot at the #1 seed anymore (even if other games fall their way), and both North teams could be losing homefield advantage based on a freaking coin flip.

A lot of KC fans are totally fine with the arrangement and some even celebrated it. The ones who don’t like it don’t like it because it goes against the rules. The stated rule is to use winning % in the event of a cancelled game. It’s the principal of the thing. They don’t like that it sets a precedent. 

Hosting the AFC Championship is a treasured event in KC, so of course they’d all like the opportunity to do so again. And if none of this had happened, I think there’s a good chance they would have been the 1 seed and been in position to do so. But it is what it is and it’s understandable. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

When he chose to take this team off the field he was over his head in that decision. His job is to get the players ready to play. The work done over this whole year is wasted. Many players now out on IR put their bodies in physical danger to win. Never has a coach done  what he did. It's understandable to worry about players hurt during the game but they get the best medical care on this planet. It isn't his job to make sure every player is feeling good about themselves. He's here to coach and not forfeit games because he believes he is there to be players parents.

• Vomit 9
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

McDermott may have actually saved the NFL by doing what he did.  

McD has actually gotten me completely over 13 Seconds with his job this year especially the last month - no one quit when they could have.  We’ve suffered significant injuries since September.  We lost THE UFA signing of the off season and have held on.  Blizzards and schedule disruptions.  A community in mourning following a senseless mass shooting.  

He’s guided us through a death that by the grace of God wasn’t, on the field.  

They are about to be 13-3 after facing the toughest schedule in the league.  

The injuries on Defense are not optimal.  I don’t know how this ends.  But I’m at peace with it.  I’ll be sad.  We got jobbed a shot at a bye.  Not because of McD.  But because there is another plan at work for Hamlin and this group.  And who knows.  Maybe it becomes a catalyst to a SB run that does go thru Buffalo.  

You still have time to delete this.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McDermott gifted you guys the #2 seed and if you beat the Bengals, an AFC Championship at a neutral site.  That's pretty amazing.....

So what actually transpired? Per multiple sources who requested anonymity given the sensitive nature of the situation, Bengals players were informed by a member of the officiating crew that the game against the Bills would resume in 10 minutes.

As one source explained it, Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow began throwing on the sideline after the Bengals noticed that Bills receiver Stefon Diggs was trying to get his teammates appropriately motivated to continue the game.

As the Bengals prepared to continue to play, it eventually became obvious that would not happen. At least one player heard Bills coach Sean McDermott say that the Bills would not continue, even if it meant forfeiting the game.

The Bengals were willing to accommodate the Bills. One player heard Bengals coach Zac Taylor offer to resume the game on Tuesday. Bengals players generally accepted the prospect of a one-day delay.

But then the Bills left Cincinnati. Multiple Bengals players were confused by that development as it occurred. On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played.

Bengals players were in the dark all week about the status of the game. They first heard that the game would be cancelled when the league announced it on Thursday night. Before that, they didn’t know whether they’d play the Ravens on Sunday or the Bills. Some thought they possibly would play the Bills on Thursday night.

For the Bengals, it’s a touchy subject. They understand that a serious health condition occurred. But they also believe that they have been given a raw deal by the league, both by canceling a game they wanted to play and by changing the rules regarding playoff seeding. The Bengals could have secured the No. 1 or No. 2 by beating the Bills. Now, their best-case scenario is No. 2, if they beat the Ravens and if the Bills lose to the Patriots.

Absolutely amazing that the league would change a rule on the books right before the playoffs....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/07/on-monday-night-bengals-were-told-game-will-resume-in-10-minutes/

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

McDermott gifted you guys the #2 seed and if you beat the Bengals, an AFC Championship at a neutral site.  That's pretty amazing.....

So what actually transpired? Per multiple sources who requested anonymity given the sensitive nature of the situation, Bengals players were informed by a member of the officiating crew that the game against the Bills would resume in 10 minutes.

As one source explained it, Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow began throwing on the sideline after the Bengals noticed that Bills receiver Stefon Diggs was trying to get his teammates appropriately motivated to continue the game.

As the Bengals prepared to continue to play, it eventually became obvious that would not happen. At least one player heard Bills coach Sean McDermott say that the Bills would not continue, even if it meant forfeiting the game.

The Bengals were willing to accommodate the Bills. One player heard Bengals coach Zac Taylor offer to resume the game on Tuesday. Bengals players generally accepted the prospect of a one-day delay.

But then the Bills left Cincinnati. Multiple Bengals players were confused by that development as it occurred. On one hand, they were sensitive to the situation involving Damar Hamlin. On the other hand, they fully realized the stakes of the game. They wanted to get it played.

Bengals players were in the dark all week about the status of the game. They first heard that the game would be cancelled when the league announced it on Thursday night. Before that, they didn’t know whether they’d play the Ravens on Sunday or the Bills. Some thought they possibly would play the Bills on Thursday night.

For the Bengals, it’s a touchy subject. They understand that a serious health condition occurred. But they also believe that they have been given a raw deal by the league, both by canceling a game they wanted to play and by changing the rules regarding playoff seeding. The Bengals could have secured the No. 1 or No. 2 by beating the Bills. Now, their best-case scenario is No. 2, if they beat the Ravens and if the Bills lose to the Patriots.

Absolutely amazing that the league would change a rule on the books right before the playoffs....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/07/on-monday-night-bengals-were-told-game-will-resume-in-10-minutes/

Maybe you didn't see the Chiefs won last night. The Bengals can't and couldn't secure the 1 seed. Their best case scenario is still the 2 seed. And there was absolutely no guarantee they would have beaten the Bills anyway. This is like crying over spilt milk. Get over it. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, sirebors said:

Maybe you didn't see the Chiefs won last night. The Bengals can't and couldn't secure the 1 seed. Their best case scenario is still the 2 seed. And there was absolutely no guarantee they would have beaten the Bills anyway. This is like crying over spilt milk. Get over it. 

When the league changes a rule on the books right before the playoffs that is not crying over spilled milk.  Every person in the world watching that game, including many on this site, saw the Bengals winning that game, possibly big. Already depleted secondary, lost 2 more guys, and Tre can not cover Chase, WTH are they thinking?   

But Cincy has proven that they can win on the road, we will see.  Bills got their 2nd round home game and neutral championship game, almost have to go to the SB with these circumstances.

• Eyeroll 1

Cool thread

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

When the league changes a rule on the books right before the playoffs that is not crying over spilled milk.  Every person in the world watching that game, including many on this site, saw the Bengals winning that game, possibly big. Already depleted secondary, lost 2 more guys, and Tre can not cover Chase, WTH are they thinking?   

But Cincy has proven that they can win on the road, we will see.  Bills got their 2nd round home game and neutral championship game, almost have to go to the SB with these circumstances.

Biased Cincy fan on a Bills fan site. Why are you here?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Cool thread

Biased Cincy fan on a Bills fan site. Why are you here?

I am responding to a bunch of unread comments directed at me.  Why do you care?  Are you Mr. Message Board Policeman?  I have not broken any rules or been disrespectful.  You can't handle a different point of view, take your purse and block me. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I am responding to a bunch of unread comments directed at me.  Why do you care?  Are you Mr. Message Board Policeman?  I have not broken any rules or been disrespectful.  You can't handle a different point of view, take your purse and block me. 

I should care. I frequent this site and enjoy my time here. It's annoying to have a Cincy fan come here to a Bills fan site and tell Bills fans that Cincy was going to win for sure and "every person in the world watching that game" knew it. You sound like a moron who needs to get a life. Don't come on to a Bills fan site and complain to Bills fans. Go wallow in your sadness with your fellow Cincy fans. I'll wear my Mr Message Board Police badge proudly and tell you to ***** off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BobbyC81 said:

He’s here because he’s a troll.  He’s still here because you’re feeding him.

Yeah, I've seen him around the whole week. First time responding. I'm not the one keeping him here. I just like to respond to trolls once with a piece of my mind before blocking them.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Are you a Bengals fan? Trying to find your angle here? What do you gain by posting this? A guy would've died had it not been for the immediate medical staff. The fact that he is going to live does not change he would have died had he not received medical attention. Here is a newsflash, the man's life was still very much in doubt until Wednesday. Stop acting like the Bills received this miracle from above that allowed them to avoid the Big Bad Bengals. DAMAR HAMLIN ALMOST DIED!!!

Do you feel the Bengals got screwed? Yes they did. What do you hope to gain by lecturing us about it? Many Bills fans felt the Bills should've forfeited the game. Heck if the Bills play the Bengals 2nd Round it should be played in Cincinnati as far as I'm concerned.

So I ask again what is your angle? You clearly don't give a damn about Damar Hamlin. Your only concern seems to be the Bengals seeding and are here to remind all of us Bills fans how unfair the NFL is. 

As for the OP. You are so wrong. Words cannot describe how wrong you are. Is this how messed up modern society has become? Apparently the show must always go on in this day and age of instant gratification. "Darn it! I need my entertainment and results and I need it now!" People whine about snowflakes without realizing they're the snowflakes. Apparently everybody has become so busy playing the victim that no one understands what true compassion means anymore. 

Thank You McDermott for being an adult and a Grounded Man in a situation that required it. As a first responder whose had to deal with some awful situations I am glad you were there for Damar Hamlin, the Buffalo Bills, and the unselfish members of Bills Mafia. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Caesar said:

best thing for you to do is just move on. decisions were made. may not be what you and some of your teams players liked but as mentioned, they would of only and still could secure the 2 seed. laying all this out is now irrelevant since all have moved on and imo the league was more than fair given the situation. at the end of the day, whether you feel/felt the need to share your opinion or not, most wont care as for many the game was set back on the back burner until they knew whether the young man was going to survive or not.

time to move forward and as a bills fan on a bills board, I suggest taking future complaints to your own teams board because I could care less how you feel and I'm sure many here would feel the same.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sjwalker1 said:

When he chose to take this team off the field he was over his head in that decision. His job is to get the players ready to play. The work done over this whole year is wasted. Many players now out on IR put their bodies in physical danger to win. Never has a coach done  what he did. It's understandable to worry about players hurt during the game but they get the best medical care on this planet. It isn't his job to make sure every player is feeling good about themselves. He's here to coach and not forfeit games because he believes he is there to be players parents.

You sir, are an idiot.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Caesar said:

they didn't win. they were not guaranteed they were going to win and ALL you can do at this point, is SPECULATE. and disclude me from seeing any result based off a 1 qtr of play.

good bye, enjoy the remainder of your season. maybe they'll meet again in the playoffs. for 4 qtrs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

best thing for you to do is just move on. decisions were made. may not be what you and some of your teams players liked but as mentioned, they would of only and still could secure the 2 seed. laying all this out is now irrelevant since all have moved on and imo the league was more than fair given the situation. at the end of the day, whether you feel/felt the need to share your opinion or not, most wont care as for many the game was set back on the back burner until they knew whether the young man was going to survive or not.

time to move forward and as a bills fan on a bills board, I suggest taking future complaints to your own teams board because I could care less how you feel and I'm sure many here would feel the same.

He's here because he loves the drama and he doesn't know how to process what happened to his Bengals regarding the playoff seeding. 

I will admit what happened to the Bengals sucks and I'd feel the same way if the same happened to the Bills. But, Dear Lord to go to another teams forum and gripe about it shows that you clearly lack other positives in your life, your Bengals Fandom is the most important thing in your life or you're young and fortunate enough to not have a true life perspective. 

32 minutes ago, Caesar said:

The only rule they have changed as far as I can see is the coin flip thing between you and Baltimore. I agree that bit was unnecessary and seemed to be to try and pacify Baltimore for what was the slightest disadvantage to them. 

The decision to base the rest of the seedings on win % where a game is cancelled is absolutely in the existing NFL rulebook. 

• Like (+1) 1

I also thought the team might stay the night in Cincinnati for potential resumption on Tuesday, but the Bills leaving town essentially took that option off-the-table - an option the Bengals were willing to pursue.  I have no problem with what McD did, but in all fairness to the Bengals, the Bills should have taken the 'L' via a forfeit instead of the NFL having to change playoff seeding rules and game locations, on-the-fly.  Unprecedented situation.  The NFL wasn't prepared for this is the bottom line and so this is what happens.  And the Bengals are kind of getting screwed.  As for the Bills, I'm not gonna say McD "lost the season" - he may have saved it.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

Mods, please close this thread before it gets ugly.  These two are trolls, new users, (SHOCKER!) amd are clearly Cincy supporters.  That’s fine if they actually showed some GD respect.

A man almost died, or more accurate did die for a few minutes, until brought back to life.  If idiots are that into football, they care more about a game of entertainment over a man’s life is sick.  SICK!

Im so proud of this team, and our head coach.  As a small concession, we lost the #1 seed, not the Bengals.  Just because they scored first at 7-3 heads no bearing on our beloved Bills coming back and getting back into the game.

Were going to win today so the Bills lost on this situation, and the Chiefs would’ve been 2nd given their win last night.

So to finish, mods close this offensive thread.  Bungals fans, instead of onto, just go back to Cincy.  Take a page of you’re head coach and you’re  team, and act with a slight amount of dignity as they did Monday night.  Lastly, a reminder, you’re captains were fantastic and went to the Bills locker room to show their respect and solidarity.  You should follow them.  They are to be respected on OUR board, and they are by my TBD brothers.

As far as the board, and I mean the real people on this Bills site,  I’d just let this thread die.  I won’t come back to post again on this topic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

I also thought the team might stay the night in Cincinnati for potential resumption on Tuesday, but the Bills leaving town essentially took that option off-the-table - an option the Bengals were willing to pursue.  I have no problem with what McD did, but in all fairness to the Bengals, the Bills should have taken the 'L' via a forfeit instead of the NFL having to change playoff seeding rules and game locations, on-the-fly.  Unprecedented situation.  The NFL wasn't prepared for this is the bottom line and so this is what happens.  And the Bengals are kind of getting screwed.  As for the Bills, I'm not gonna say McD "lost the season" - he may have saved it.

NFL could've forced a forfeit. They didn't want to be the bad guy. It's an awful scenario all around. I feel for the Bengals. Almost wish they were in the NFC so we didn't have to play them. Either way a class organization who deserves a Superbowl Victory. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Now that would have been a change to NFL rules. There is a very well established rule that exists where a game cannot complete. They cancel the game and use win percentage. It has been in the rule book for eons even if it hasn't been used and it was communicated to all the teams again very recently during covid. 

this thread is a joke, most of these players are young adults in their early 20s who have developed beep friendships and they watched one of their own die on the field and be brought back. I shouldn't even be explaining this as most logical people understand this but if McD isn't who he is and pushes for the game to resume he would have totally lost his team and never gotten them back. Alot of Bills players would have checked out on the season if not longer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Now that would have been a change to NFL rules. There is a very well established rule that exists where a game cannot complete. They cancel the game and use win percentage. It has been in the rule book for eons even if it hasn't been used and it was communicated to all the teams again very recently during covid. 

Not disagreeing, but it all revolves around "where a game cannot complete", I believe.  It appears that the Bengals felt they could  have completed the game on Tuesday, but Buffalo's actions (which, again, I'm okay with) didn't permit this to possibly happen.

14 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Not disagreeing, but it all revolves around "where a game cannot complete", I believe.  It appears that the Bengals felt they could  have completed the game on Tuesday, but Buffalo's actions (which, again, I'm okay with) didn't permit this to possibly happen.

The idea that the game could complete while Damar Hamlin was in an induced coma fighting for his life was for the birds I am afraid. Forget the Bills for a second I don't think the NFL was ever going to let that happen. Would have been an atrocious look for the league. 

It was a non-option. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

NFL could've forced a forfeit. They didn't want to be the bad guy. It's an awful scenario all around. I feel for the Bengals. Almost wish they were in the NFC so we didn't have to play them. Either way a class organization who deserves a Superbowl Victory. 

The organisation is. I thought the fans were. Clearly not.

2 hours ago, Sjwalker1 said:

Please leave and never come back. 

P.S. Take Caesar with you. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.