Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

What is this talk I see about CIN not getting a home playoff game?  This resolution gives CIN the division and they will host the #5 or #6 Wild Card no matter what, right?

Right.  And for a team that won the AFCCG on the road last year and has the fewest wins of the three teams involved, their fans are doing a lot of crying. 

9 hours ago, Caesar said:

Actually not.  The Ravens needed us to lose to you guys AND them in week in 18.  Now all they need to do is beat us this Sunday and a coin flip could give them home field.  It is a joke.

If Bengals can't beat a Jackson-less Ravens team, your assumption that they would have beat Buffalo is a joke.

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

What is this talk I see about CIN not getting a home playoff game?  This resolution gives CIN the division and they will host the #5 or #6 Wild Card no matter what, right?

Cincy wins the Division....but if the Ravens win Sunday, and they are the 6 and Cincy is the 3...there is a Coin Toss to see whether CIN or BAL host the WC game

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NUT said:

They are still too close to the incident. Players like Tre White are just not going to be mentally ready.

One just has to hope that first couple series and bumps orient them. Like riding a bike but they need a couple series to get back on it. 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Bengals were the hottest team the Bills faced. It’s not the same as the Bears scoring on their scripted drive. Bengals talent was overwhelming.

This 100%. Yes we shut the bears down pretty well after the first drive but this is where stats lie and there’s no context. Thinking “because we stopped the bears after the scripted first drive, we would adjust and stop the bengals” is moronic. The bears and bengals aren’t even playing the same sport in terms of offensive talent. The bengals WRs are the best in the league and burrow is the most accurate qb in the league. I was at the game. We had NO SHOT at stopping them. Without Von, we can’t get to burrow and our DBs just can’t keep up.

“Well the Patriots were able to stop them later and make a comeback”. That involved the bengals shootings themselves in the foot which wasn’t happening Monday night. It’s ok to say the Bengals are a really bad matchup for us. Honestly I’d much rather play the chiefs than them for sure. 

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This 100%. Yes we shut the bears down pretty well after the first drive but this is where stats lie and there’s no context. Thinking “because we stopped the bears after the scripted first drive, we would adjust and stop the bengals” is moronic. The bears and bengals aren’t even playing the same sport in terms of offensive talent. The bengals WRs are the best in the league and burrow is the most accurate qb in the league. I was at the game. We had NO SHOT at stopping them. Without Von, we can’t get to burrow and our DBs just can’t keep up.

“Well the Patriots were able to stop them later and make a comeback”. That involved the bengals shootings themselves in the foot which wasn’t happening Monday night. It’s ok to say the Bengals are a really bad matchup for us. Honestly I’d much rather play the chiefs than them for sure. 

They're not a bad match up for us. In the brief snippet of game that occurred, their D was not having success, either. Our D often adjusts; the Pats held them to zero points in the second half of the game prior. Lots of trollish weighing in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

We were running it down their throat, those are gut punches, even early on those would have helped immensely in the 4th quarter.  Stats show the Bills would have clamped down on D after the Bengals run to start the game.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Your assumptions are just as moronic.  The bills have both the higher rated offense and defense.  No one knows how that game was going to play out.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

They're not a bad match up for us. In the brief snippet of game that occurred, their D was not having success, either. Our D often adjusts; the Pats held them to zero points in the second half of the game prior. Lots of trollish weighing in.

It’s not trolling, at least in this case. Bills fans have zero confidence in their soon to be 13-3 football team while the entire city of Cincinnati (and Dayton, of which Beavercreek is a suburb) has the cigar-smoking Joe Burrow swagger. They have t-shirts that say legend with Burrow’s number. He’s in his 3rd year! To paraphrase the Bills motto, the Bengals are hungry as heck but they are sure not humble in any way.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Nobody can predict what happened, who's to say that we don't sack Burrow on the next play and he ends up getting hurt and misses the rest of the game etc. Yes, Cincy was driving but we don't know if we could have stopped them, cause a turnover (like I feel we did on the kickoff) etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If the Ravens beat Cinci this weekend and they end up being matched up in the wildcard, then they will flip a coin to see where the game is played.

Cinci is going to roll the Ravens, so it’s irrelevant.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Personally I thought going into the Bengal game that it would be a high scoring contest and whichever team had it last would probably win. In the minutes that were played I saw nothing to change that view. Nobody stopped anybody. The Bills had a 3rd down miscue where Josh put a bit more heat on it than needed but Cole still should have caught it and if he does it is 7-7. That was going to be like a 38-35 type game either way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If the Ravens beat Cinci this weekend and they end up being matched up in the wildcard, then they will flip a coin to see where the game is played.

Cinci is going to roll the Ravens, so it’s irrelevant.

Lamar is still out right?  That sucks for Baltimore

Just now, bills6969 said:

Made the mistake of checking out the Chiefs board to see their thoughts.  As usual,  they’re mostly all scumbags.  Some saying Bills chose not to play for this reason and the NFL is screwing KC on purpose.

I was going to ask how the NFL is screwing KC when they've basically been gifted the first seed but... 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, UKBillFan said:

I was going to ask how the NFL is screwing KC when they've basically been gifted the first seed but... 

To be fair, if KC against Denver was canceled and never played and the NFL told us that we needed to share the #1 seed benefits as a result, I'd be pretty annoyed too.

They shouldn't be trying to divy up the benefits "fairly". They should just attribute a W/L/T to the bengals bills game by whatever means they want (I'd prefer actually playing it) and then following existing seeding protocol. 

Once the playoffs occur, we all know that whatever team loses and didn't have one of the benefits they should have, there is going to be a lot of complaining.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, chongli said:

A straight beat down? Lol that was going to be a close game for sure.  Idk what’s with fans overreacting to the first couple drives…even our own fans 😂. We give up a decent amount of points in the first quarter of games then the defense really stiffens up as the game goes on.   And on the offensive side, when we can run the football we are pretty much unstoppable.  Our offensive line was whooping their banged up defensive line. That game was almost certainly headed for 14-10 at the end of the first quarter 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.