Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

6 minutes ago, NUT said:

This whole thing will cause consternation among NFL fans in the AFC who were playoff affected and the farther we get from the incident I think the more hate from other fanbases the Bills will receive.

I feel McDermott did the right thing when he said he should not continue coaching the game. I also think over time this will be seen as him forfeiting the game and taking a loss.

I don’t think you could be more wrong 

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Err, you might be. They found the simplest solution possible IMO, with a slightly added wrinkle in terms of the potential unfairness to the Ravens. 

I think it is the fairest solution in the circumstances. 

We are still the best team in the league point differential inside the final 2 minutes of first halves. The Bills have been exceptional in 1st half two minute situations. Their game management and clock management in those situations has been very, very good. 

There should be in a scenario that both con and KC losing means buffalo gets #1 seed. 

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I don’t think you could be more wrong 

Rivals to our team who see themselves a equal will be effected. KC most notably then Baltimore both invested in different outcomes. Cinci will resent us. In time, especially if they don't go to the super bowl and we beat them next year, too.

Other fans will hold it over our head - Miami, specifically. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Success said:

I've even seen a sentiment that the Bills shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs now - more than a few times.  

On what grounds?  "The NFL has a new policy for the 2023 season.  If a player is killed and resucitated on the field of play, that team is disqualified from the playoffs."?  Did we fake cardiac arrest?  Give him one of those pills that trigger a heart attack like in those spy movies?

Some people are seriously sick.

34 minutes ago, Success said:

The Chiefs don't have a leg to stand on. They lost to BOTH Cincy and Buffalo. That's not how seedings are decided - but they can hardly claim that they're being denied what is rightfully theirs.

Gotta say - the attitude around the internet & w/ the other fanbases has really shifted over the past day. I'm seeing a lot more of "it was the Bills decision to quit - they should forfeit!"  I mean, I don't have to tell fans here, but I don't think either team was ready to go back and play the rest of that game.  And as a result, this whole thing is an NFL problem - not a Bills or Bengals problem.  

I've even seen a sentiment that the Bills shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs now - more than a few times.  

The reality is that the Bills would play this game if given the chance. They are not being given the chance because the NFL refuses to move the playoff scheduling despite being clearly able to by adding a week 19.

Instead they are creating convoluted rules that both advantage and disadvantage every team so now every team that doesn't win the Super Bowl is going to B word.

The NFL fudged this up and the Bills are going to get some of the hate for it.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, NUT said:

This whole thing will cause consternation among NFL fans in the AFC who were playoff affected and the farther we get from the incident I think the more hate from other fanbases the Bills will receive.

I feel McDermott did the right thing when he said he should not continue coaching the game. I also think over time this will be seen as him forfeiting the game and taking a loss.

So in one topic you say how you hate the whole “power of prayer” thing during this ordeal, and here you worry about a handful of fools who might think the Bills forfeited? Might need to recalibrate 

Just now, The Red King said:

On what grounds?  "The NFL has a new policy for the 2023 season.  If a player is killed and resucitated on the field of play, that team is disqualified from the playoffs."?  Did we fake cardiac arrest?  Give him one of those pills that trigger a heart attack like in those spy movies?

Some people are seriously sick.

It's ridiculous.  I should stay away from the general boards for awhile.

A lot of the good will we got this week is turning to anger for some fans, given the proposals that are being floated out there.  It's funny how there was universal anger at the league on Monday for even suggesting the teams should continue playing - and now many fans are saying one or both teams should forfeit, and that it's a "Bills" problem and no one elses.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It's ridiculous.  I should stay away from the general boards for awhile.

A lot of the good will we got this week is turning to anger for some fans, given the proposals that are being floated out there.  It's funny how there was universal anger at the league on Monday for even suggesting the teams should continue playing - and now many fans are saying one or both teams should forfeit, and that it's a "Bills" problem and no one elses.

Just imagine if we win the Super Bowl because the Bengals lost @ Baltimore and we played at a neutral site against the Chiefs 😂

Just now, TSOL said:

They should take the final score when they called the game. I know that might not be popular around here, but they were beating us. 

If a baseball game gets called after one inning the final score is not the score at the end of the inning.  Under no circumstances should the score late in the 1st period of a football game EVER be used as a final score.

It's interesting that fans on both sides think Cincy was going to win that game based on how things were looking.  We see multiple games every week where a team dominates in the early going, and then ends up losing.

And the Bengals weren't even dominating. Their 1st drive was definitely of the hot knife through butter variety, but ours wasn't much different, and only ended because Josh sailed a pass, not because their D was stout.

Both teams would have made adjustments. My own guess is that it would have been a pretty close affair at the end.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It's interesting that fans on both sides think Cincy was going to win that game based on how things were looking.  We see multiple games every week where a team dominates in the early going, and then ends up losing.

And the Bengals weren't even dominating. Their 1st drive was definitely of the hot knife through butter variety, but ours wasn't much different, and only ended because Josh sailed a pass, not because their D was stout.

Both teams would have made adjustments. My own guess is that it would have been a pretty close affair at the end.

No one knows now Bengals-Bills would have finished. There's so many variables to consider, so many things which could have happened after the Hamlin incident, or if the Hamlin incident hadn't happened.

I guess a flip of the coin would have been a simple move though whoever lost would have resented it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

This is so true - just look at the Bills season!  Bills & Titans were tied at 7 - 7 late in the 1st quarter and the Bills go on and win 41 - 7. The Bills were up on the Jets late in the 2nd quarter 14 - 3 and go on to lose the game.  The Bills were down 10 - 3 to Cleveland in the 2nd quarter then go on a 25 - 0 run on the way to victory. The Bills were up 27 - 10 on the Vikings late in the 3rd quarter only to lose the game.  And the Bears led the Bills 10 - 6 at halftime before Buffalo woke up and beat them 29 - 3 in the 2nd half.

You have to be a football illiterate to think that a late first quarter score has anything to do with the final score.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I've been watching NFL Network & they don't mention this scenario. KC loses,  Bills win, Cincy loses-All seeds are the same as if the game was played and either team won.  The guys on NFL Network are not considering the possibility that the Raiders beat the Chiefs on Saturday.

GO RAIDERS 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Can someone explain to me what exactly they are b**ching about? They want to go by win percentage but isn't that exactly what the NFL is doing? With the only difference being if the Ravens win this Sunday there's a coin flip for home field.

Just beat the ravens who are playing a backup QB for **** sake.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly they are b**ching about? They want to go by win percentage but isn't that exactly what the NFL is doing? With the only difference being if the Ravens win this Sunday there's a coin flip for home field.

I mean, if there is an existing rule that specifically addresses this unprecedented type of situation, then yeah I’d think the existing rule should be followed too.

But does the rule address this situation? Honestly, I do not know. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The coin flip is exactly what they’re upset about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.