Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I read 25 out of the 32 teams voted in support of the solution, so seven presumably voted against (or abstained?) I wonder who they were? The Bengals is obviously one. The Bills? The Chiefs? The Ravens? The Giants, perhaps, due to close links to the Bills? Would still leave two teams who voted against the proposal.

Apparently 3 or 4 teams didn’t vote. I understand that there were 4 no votes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

For the millionth time, the NFL cancelled the game, not McDermott. I don’t know why it’s such a hard concept for some people to understand. 

Cause I don’t really believed the nfl did. Mcd and Taylor talked, mcd said we’re not going back out there and Taylor went along with him. The players association stepped in and told the nfl the game was done. maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I’m seeing it

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Cause I don’t really believed the nfl did. Mcd and Taylor talked, mcd said we’re not going back out there and Taylor went along with him. The players association stepped in and told the nfl the game was done. maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I’m seeing it

if McD and Taylor had somehow decided in the moment they could have played the game, then yes, they would have.

if Hamlin maybe had been loaded into the ambulance that much sooner and things on the field didn't play out as they did, they probably would have.

the league did this/is doing this because it's the only thing to be done after both teams on the field as somebody died decided not to play any further. technicalities are just that. technicalities.

2 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

The NFL canceled the game. The players refused to continue Monday night

1 minute ago, nucci said:

The NFL canceled the game. The players refused to continue Monday night

Right so basically the players canceled the game. You’re proving my point. Nfl had no choice when the players refused to play. They would’ve been happy had they just continued on

• Agree 1

Lol come on. Can you imagine if the league came out and said "We attempted to continue the game as it stood. Both the Bills and the Bengals refused. Thus, we are forced to call a no contest."

Some of you need to learn a little more about PR. Or capitalism in general, I guess.

I should know, I used to be the CEO of Halliburton!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Lol come on. Can you imagine if the league came out and said "We attempted to continue the game as it stood. Both the Bills and the Bengals refused. Thus, we are forced to call a no contest."

Some of you need to learn a little more about PR. Or capitalism in general, I guess.

I should know, I used to be the CEO of Halliburton!

Of course they wouldn’t say that. That doesn’t mean they didn’t tell either coach they wanted the game to continue though. 

51 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I'd be slightly disappointed if we voted for it.

I'll take the 2 seed. We won't have to play KC or Cinci at their house. I'm good with that because I think the Bills were going to lose on Monday night vs the Bengals. I totally understand the disappointment if you think the Bills were going to win that game. 

6 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Of course they wouldn’t say that. That doesn’t mean they didn’t tell either coach they wanted the game to continue though. 

I don't believe the league really had a clue about what was going on and was ready to give input until McD was on the phone with somebody in the tunnel.

That was the most surprising thing to me. That there wasn't a plan. That they didn't already have protocol for what was going down. With as much as an emphasis as player safety has been lately along with just the general aspect of the game being dangerous, this surprised me. Disaster Recovery is a super common protocol to have in the tech world. Even not even getting to that point. Mitigation. Rapid response.

The league seemed completely taken aback by what went down. For being one of the most powerful business institutions on the planet, it's ***** insane to me that nobody, anywhere, ever stepped up and said "Hey, we need a real plan for this, and we need it now."

I'm not sure if anyone has said this just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hamlin sues the league. I don't think he should sue the Bills, but the league, hell yeah, I hope he does. And he'll win or at least get a huge settlement and he'll help establish a precedent that is extremely helpful and healthy for players going forward. That's the most shocking thing about all this. This was overdue. The fact that the NFL is floundering in its reaction, unreal. High school level naivety.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of the faith I developed in humanity over the past 72 hours is now dwindling as I see fans of all affected teams, Bills included, bickering on Twitter about how unfair the whole thing is. Playoff seeding and homefield advantage isn't that important. A young man almost died and a lot of fans have already moved on.

Yes, I've been absolutely DISGUSTED by some of the comments on social media. So many angry small minded selfish people out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

First of all I am so happy and relieved that Damar is making a full recovery.  That had shook me up all week and was praying for the best.

Your medical assistant who performed cpr is a hero!

And I knew that UC would do a great job as they saved my life as well, when I had a workplace accident, breathing tube and trachea, 10 day induced coma.  They are a world class facility.

Now onto football.  My Bengals are getting royally screwed here.  I think the 2 seed is solid gold, don't think the Chiefs will win their first matchup even, and the 2 seed will get home field the rest of the way. They have been struggling mightily, barely beating the Texans, barely beating the Broncos.  No one is scared of them, maybe the Bills?  After that 13 second thing. More of a mental hurdle, I feel you guys are actually the better team. And wow is Leslie Frazier bad, we know he was in Cincy and we didn't want him.

I feel the Bengals would beat the Chiefs, so would the Jags, so would the Chargers, the Bills really ought to cause your better than them.

I just feel bad for our team, and city and fans.  We did everything right under hard circumstances.  And to get punished for it.  We were gonna beat you guys.  Period.  And our defense tends to get better second half.  Wish Bills did the honorable thing and forfeited the game.  I know many of you disagree. 

And I read one post that said well Joe Burrow shouldn't of thrown 4 picks in the opener with the Steelers.  Yeah and he just had come off of an appendectomy, with brand new offensive line, and we still would of won but a freak injury of our long snapper, double torn pecs, so we missed an extra point that would of sealed it.

We're not that team anymore, and if anyone who can overcome getting f'ed by the NFL it's my Bengals.  Bring it on.

Damar Hamlin is great kid and I'm sure he will be back on the field for you guys next year.  Look forward to it.  Best of luck to you Bills fans except when you play my Bengals lol.

Edited by RandomBengalFan
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

First of all I am so happy and relieved that Damar is making a full recovery.  That had shook me up all week and was praying for the best.

And I knew that UC would do a great job as they saved my life as well, when I had a workplace accident, breathing tube and trachea, 10 day induced coma.  They are a world class facility.

Now onto football.  My Bengals are getting royally screwed here.  I think the 2 seed is solid gold, don't think the Chiefs will win their first matchup even, and the 2 seed will get home field the rest of the way. They have been struggling mightily, barely beating the Texans, barely beating the Broncos.  No one is scared of them, maybe the Bills?  After that 13 second thing. More of a mental hurdle, I feel you guys are actually the better team. And wow is Leslie Frazier bad, we know he was in Cincy and we didn't want him.

I feel the Bengals would beat the Chiefs, so would the Jags, so would the Chargers, the Bills really ought to cause your better than them.

I just feel bad for our team, and city and fans.  We did everything right under hard circumstances.  And to get punished for it.  We were gonna beat you guys.  Period.  And our defense tends to get better second half.  Wish Bills did the honorable thing and forfeited the game.  I know many of you disagree. 

And I read one post that said well Joe Burrow shouldn't of thrown 4 picks in the opener with the Steelers.  Yeah and he just had come off of an appendectomy, with brand new offensive line, and we still would of won but a freak injury of our long snapper, double torn pecs, so we missed an extra point that would of sealed it.

We're not that team anymore, and if anyone who can overcome getting f'ed by the NFL it's my Bengals.  Bring it on.

Damar Hamlin is great kid and I'm sure he will be back on the field for you guys next year.  Look forward to it.  Best of luck to you Bills fans except when you play my Bengals lol.

Ok.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

Yeah. Game was over after 9 minutes, Bills had no chance of winning. I can agree with much of what you said about the Bengals getting screwed, but why should the Bills forfeit the game? The NFL cancelled it. 9 minutes of football constitutes a no-contest since barely any of the game was played. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, RandomBengalFan said:

We were gonna beat you guys.  Period.

That game was going to be 41-38 and neither you, me nor anybody else has any idea who was going to be holding the 41 at the end.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Motor26 said:

Yeah. Game was over after 9 minutes, Bills had no chance of winning. I can agree with much of what you said about the Bengals getting screwed, but why should the Bills forfeit the game? The NFL cancelled it. 9 minutes of football constitutes a no-contest since barely any of the game was played. 

I know it brother, and you are entitled to your opinion.  I just felt like we were really dialed in, and we were rolling.  Felt in my heart we were going to make a statement, in a statement kind of game.  All our receivers were dialed in, the tight end, Burrow dropping dimes. Mixon looked sharp, not that we needed to run.  You guys were very effective in the run game, but I believe in Lou Anaroumo to make adjustments too, he's great at that at halftime.  I'm just bummed out.  Feels unfair.  👍

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

That game was going to be 41-38 and neither you nor anybody else have any idea who was going to be holding the 41 at the end.

Could be.  I hope we get to meet in the Playoffs and let's get to decide it for real.  Love the Bills Mafia since your reactions of the Tyler Boyd touchdown vs. Ravens that sent you to the Playoffs 😊

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.