Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The coin flip is exactly what they’re upset about.

They should just stick Ravens-Bengals on a neutral field if they make the play offs, providing the Bengals lose on Sunday.

Or, hey, beat the Ravens on Sunday and it won't even come into consideration.

Edited by UKBillFan

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly they are b**ching about? They want to go by win percentage but isn't that exactly what the NFL is doing? With the only difference being if the Ravens win this Sunday there's a coin flip for home field.

Well, yeah.  We've spent the last several days talking about the importance of HFA.  Why we should we be surprised that other teams also think that HFA is important?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This is so true - just look at the Bills season!  Bills & Titans were tied at 7 - 7 late in the 1st quarter and the Bills go on and win 41 - 7. The Bills were up on the Jets late in the 2nd quarter 14 - 3 and go on to lose the game.  The Bills were down 10 - 3 to Cleveland in the 2nd quarter then go on a 25 - 0 run on the way to victory. The Bills were up 27 - 10 on the Vikings late in the 3rd quarter only to lose the game.  And the Bears led the Bills 10 - 6 at halftime before Buffalo woke up and beat them 29 - 3 in the 2nd half.

You have to be a football illiterate to think that a late first quarter score has anything to do with the final score.

You can also look at the Colts/Vikings game

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Process said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly they are b**ching about? They want to go by win percentage but isn't that exactly what the NFL is doing? With the only difference being if the Ravens win this Sunday there's a coin flip for home field.

Just beat the ravens who are playing a backup QB for **** sake.

I think everybody has newfound respect for Taylor and cincy, but he’s clearly not happy here. Sometimes you might have to go off the rulebook in an unprecedented situation like this, but they’re not buying it. This is why maybe we should’ve taken a forfeit 

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Well, yeah.  We've spent the last several days talking about the importance of HFA.  Why we should we be surprised that other teams also think that HFA is important?

They are two score favorites vs the ravens.....just win.....not hard....and then no coin flip

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

I think everybody has newfound respect for Taylor and cincy, but he’s clearly not happy here. Sometimes you might have to go off the rule on in an unprecedented situation like this, and they’re not buying it. This is why maybe we should’ve taken a forfeit 

The NFL didn't have to go outside of the rules though. They have 2 outs. 1) Win percentage dictates seeding 2) add a 19th week and play the damn bengals/bills game

They decided they had a 3rd option to add convoluted rules thats just going to piss off various fan bases. 

I wonder if there is a chance the Owners tell them to go back to the drawing board today.

1 minute ago, Process said:

They are two score favorites vs the ravens.....just win.....not hard....and then no coin flip

You don't get upset about a rule change only after it disadvantages you.

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Cincy is also upset that if the Chiefs lose they can't get the #1 seed & the bye while the Bills are in position to get the bye if the Chiefs lose.  

Like the Bills, there are 15 other games to secure your spot as the top pick. The Bills have gained and lost the first seed in the division and the conference at points this season. It happens. 

I get why the Bengals are upset about the Ravens game. But ultimately emergencies happen and solutions are always clean. 

I would be shocked if there is a single person at OBD who cares about the current solution. 

Just now, Process said:

Sure.  And the Bills were two-score favorites over the Jets back in November.  Things happen.  

If Chiefs fans were showing up telling us that this is all our fault because we'd have the #1 seed locked up if we had just taken care of business against the Jets, we'd tell them to get bent.  So let's not do that to the Bengals.

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Sure.  And the Bills were two-score favorites over the Jets back in November.  Things happen.  

If Chiefs fans were showing up telling us that this is all our fault because we'd have the #1 seed locked up if we had just taken care of business against the Jets, we'd tell them to get bent.  So let's not do that to the Bengals.

So this is true. Tomlin said the same thing in his presser. His team has had 16 opportunities to win football games. It is part of why I am OK with possibly losing the one seed.  As long as the staff and players at OBD were OK with any decision I am OK with it.

I firmly believe that the team had no interest in replaying that game and that is a huge reason why the game isn't being replayed. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Cincy is also upset that if the Chiefs lose they can't get the #1 seed & the bye while the Bills are in position to get the bye if the Chiefs lose.  

The Bills could be upset that the number one seed has been taken out of their hands.

The Chiefs could be upset that they're going to lose HFA if they face the Bengals or Bills, even though circumstances may have dictated that they would have claimed number one outright.

All teams could feel like they've lost out by this. In truth if the Chiefs hadn't lose at the Colts, or the Bills hadn't lost to the Jets/Vikings, or the Bengals hadn't lost to the Steelers/Browns/Cowboys with a second string QB, then they'd be in a stronger position anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills could be upset that the number one seed has been taken out of their hands.

The Chiefs could be upset that they're going to lose HFA if they face the Bengals or Bills, even though circumstances may have dictated that they would have claimed number one outright.

All teams could feel like they've lost out by this. In truth if the Chiefs hadn't lose at the Colts, or the Bills hadn't lost to the Jets/Vikings, or the Bengals hadn't lost to the Steelers/Browns/Cowboys with a second string QB, then they'd be in a stronger position anyway.

How about the Bengals not getting pounded by the Browns on Halloween night or losing 19-17 in Baltimore. Every teams has a few that they would like back this year.

26 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Should the championship game go to a neutral site, where do you want it? I'm hoping for Denver or Las Vegas.

New Jersey as gives a chance to have bad weather and maybe more Bills fans can show up or the Giants/Daboll fans would be on our side. Toss in causes KC/Cincy fly longer. 

Edited by The Jokeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.