Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

I really like/respect Mahomes, Andy Reid, and several Chiefs players but man their fans are just brutal. I know you could say that about a lot of teams but it's the minority of fans who are brutal for most teams. It appears to be the majority of fans who are like that for the Chiefs. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

I can live with this, but it's dumb that we're doing neutral fields and deciding divisional titles by coin flips when we could have just used a coin flip to determine the outcome of this one game and then proceeded normally.  There's no need to go all Rube Goldberg when a more parsimonious solution was available, but whatever.  

In the offseason, when everyone is calm, collected, and rational, it would be a very good idea to reconsider our protocols for handling severe injuries, playing games under plausibly-traumatic circumstances (including off-field events like the Sean Taylor situation), and how to deal with games that can't be played.  We can do far better than this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

To be fair, if KC against Denver was canceled and never played and the NFL told us that we needed to share the #1 seed benefits as a result, I'd be pretty annoyed too.

They shouldn't be trying to divy up the benefits "fairly". They should just attribute a W/L/T to the bengals bills game by whatever means they want (I'd prefer actually playing it) and then following existing seeding protocol. 

Once the playoffs occur, we all know that whatever team loses and didn't have one of the benefits they should have, there is going to be a lot of complaining.

But no one knows what benefits each of the teams should have had - that's the issue. The only was we would know for sure is Bills-Bengals being played.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I can live with this, but it's dumb that we're doing neutral fields and deciding divisional titles by coin flips when we could have just used a coin flip to determine the outcome of this one game and then proceeded normally.  There's no need to go all Rube Goldberg when a more parsimonious solution was available, but whatever.  

In the offseason, when everyone is calm, collected, and rational, it would be a very good idea to reconsider our protocols for handling severe injuries, playing games under plausibly-traumatic circumstances (including off-field events like the Sean Taylor situation), and how to deal with games that can't be played.  We can do far better than this.

I have to agree. Idk why they didn’t just flip a coin for the outcome of the game and move on.

9 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

To be fair, if KC against Denver was canceled and never played and the NFL told us that we needed to share the #1 seed benefits as a result, I'd be pretty annoyed too.

They shouldn't be trying to divy up the benefits "fairly". They should just attribute a W/L/T to the bengals bills game by whatever means they want (I'd prefer actually playing it) and then following existing seeding protocol. 

Once the playoffs occur, we all know that whatever team loses and didn't have one of the benefits they should have, there is going to be a lot of complaining.

Uh no.... because we controlled our own destiny. If we won our last two games broncos chiefs would be irrelevant. That wasn't the case for them.

Chiefs have have zero right to be upset. They were the ones who benefited from this situation. They are just morons.

Chargers will beat them in the playoffs and this will all be irrelevant anyways.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

But no one knows what benefits each of the teams should have had - that's the issue. The only was we would know for sure is Bills-Bengals being played.

Yes but at least people can accept flipping a coin or whatever to determine that outcome and people would only have that to complain about.

With their current sprawling "fix" they are arbitrarily changing the rules of the seeding instead leaving a lot of room for subjective criticism.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

We would’ve been in the driver seat for the 1 seed before kc and Denver was canceled, that’s a completely different scenario.  If we were a half game back from the 1 seed when the bills bengals game was canceled, there’s no way the nfl would be considering this.  Also we didn’t play Denver this year.  You’ve got the optics of both buf and cincy beating kc this season at play too.

They should honestly be pretty thankful, if the nfl forced us to play this game it would’ve been awful optics wise but there’s a pretty good chance the chiefs would’ve lost the bye and home field advantage. That was a 50/50 game at worst even with the way it was going for the cincy offense.  Josh Allen with good pass blocking and a running game is pretty much unstoppable.  The cincy RT situation is an absolute timebomb…I think it would’ve been a shootout with a few big sacks of joe burrow late.  Their oline was holding like crazy that first drive and a half 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Uh no.... because we controlled our own destiny. If we won our last two games broncos chiefs would be irrelevant. That wasn't the case for them.

Chiefs have have zero right to be upset. They were the ones who benefited from this situation. They are just morons.

Chargers will beat them in the playoffs and this will all be irrelevant anyways.

You are already getting upset at even the notion. Yes we controlled our own destiny. That wasn't the point. Being told we must split the benefits of the 1st seed because we don't know the outcome of a game another team played is complete and utter BS. That is what is happening right now with the Chiefs. If they win this weekend they proved they are 14-3, but the Bills have not proved they are 14-3.

They should just go with conf % at the end of the year for the teams that are involved. 

Currently 

KC 8-3 

BUF 8-2 

CIN 7-3 

the last week would matter and you figuring off the bye based on conf record they could even factor in a tie breaker for H2H but that won’t help KC so let’s stick to conf % 

now if bills and cincy tie i am fine with giving it to them bc of the situation but I don’t think KC should benefit but it is what it is they will have a worse conf % and lost H2H 

Just now, What a Tuel said:

You are already getting upset at even the notion. Yes we controlled our own destiny. That wasn't the point. Being told we must split the benefits of the 1st seed because we don't know the outcome of a game another team played is complete and utter BS. That is what is happening right now with the Chiefs. If they win this weekend they proved they are 14-3, but the Bills have not proved they are 14-3.

Because for the chiefs getting the one seed depends on the outcome of that other game. For the bills it wouldn't have, unless they lost to Cin. 

It's really not difficult to understand.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

How is that not the point? Lol that is literally the only reason the nfl is considering doing this.  The chiefs upgraded from a ‘50% chance to lose the bye and home field advantage’ to ‘getting the bye and buffalo vs kc at a neutral site if that happens’. It’s an absolute steal for kc 

Just now, Process said:

Because for the chiefs getting the one seed depends on the outcome of that other game. For the bills it wouldn't have, unless they lost to Cin. 

It's really not difficult to understand.

It really isn't difficult to understand, you are right. Just flip the situation in your mind. If the Bills were 14-3 and the Chiefs were 13-3 and the NFL told us we don't get home field advantage because the Chiefs didn't play one game, we'd be absolutely 100% furious. There is zero doubt about that.

With Tre getting cooked and both Taron and Hamlin out, the Bengals marching for another score to go up 14-3, I find it funny to see so many Mafia acting like the Bengals were not well on their way to winning that game. I despise KC (mostly because of their success and ending the Bills season the last two years), but their fans are rightfully pissed.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

With Tre getting cooked and both Taron and Hamlin out, the Bengals marching for another score to go up 14-3, I find it funny to see so many Mafia acting like the Bengals were not well on their way to winning that game. 

Good point.  Very few teams have ever rallied to recover from a 7-3 first quarter deficit.  We totally got bailed out.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How is that not the point? Lol that is literally the only reason the nfl is considering doing this.  The chiefs upgraded from a ‘50% chance to lose the bye and home field advantage’ to ‘getting the bye and buffalo vs kc at a neutral site if that happens’. It’s an absolute steal for kc 

The Chiefs would ideally want the chance to have both. Not sure why you guys don't understand that "they should be happy with what they came away with" isn't really a winning argument. 

The solution the NFL gave hurts and helps each team respectively which was their strategy. So every team has something to be thankful for and something to be pissed about. 

Like I said earlier they should have either played the Bills/Bengals game or flipped a coin to determine the result and not changed the rules to help/hurt teams.

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

It really isn't difficult to understand, you are right. Just flip the situation in your mind. If the Bills were 14-3 and the Chiefs were 13-3 and the NFL told us we don't get home field advantage because the Chiefs didn't play one game, we'd be absolutely 100% furious. There is zero doubt about that.

Nah. They had a chance to beat the Bengals or Bills and fell short. That's on them. Here's how I look at it - the Chiefs as of the stoppage of play on Monday night did not control their own destiny for the #1 seed. Now they do. POSSIBLY losing homefield advantage to one potential opponent in one game of the playoffs is MUCH better than not controlling your own destiny for the #1 seed. No question they came out of this ahead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I have flipped the situation and I/chiefs fans would see it as a bills gift too if we were the recipient of their situation.  They got a free half game boost and the bills now have a very small chance of getting home field/a bye.  And the alternatives were forcing them to play twice the amount of games as everyone else in the last week or so of the season or everyone but buffalo and cincy gets an extra bye week. All profit for kc…they benefitted big time from this situation 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.