New York Giants @ Washington Game Thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Illegal formation ? Seriously ? 

Disgusting 

I'm convinced Vegas is in the refs ears. 

Now you can never truly rig a game unless you have coaches and players in your pocket which is highly unlikely but the refs can damn sure manipulate the game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Washington was horrible in the red zone all night. Didn’t deserve to win this one. 

I hate when people say a team didn’t deserve to win. Don’t care if Washington didn’t gain a yard all game. Heinicke put them in position to tie it up. They got hosed plain & simple. I have no dog in this fight, but I know BS and favoritism when I see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I appreciate Collinsworths commentary here. So often they’re quick to sort of move past a bad call. At least he’s like “100% pass interference. Missed call. You can’t do that”

Agreed.  Kudos to Collinsworth for telling it like it is.  Most of the NFL TV guys are shameless shills.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

So the 3rd down after the illegal formation, Heineke got pulled down by the collar...is that not a horse collar? Even if he throws the ball. I just don't understand what the zebras were watching there. Then again it was Hussey, so BS was bound to happen.

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hate when people say a team didn’t deserve to win. Don’t care if Washington didn’t gain a yard all game. Heinicke put them in position to tie it up. They got hosed plain & simple. I have no dog in this fight, but I know BS and favoritism when I see it. 

Heinicke could have completed his run and got into the end zone instead of balking at the end of the run. Then Washington would have won and you’d be right about his play. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’ll give NBC a lot of credit.  Their former ref rules expert even said the procedure penalty was BS in addition to the obvious PI.  

The procedure penalty, while a silly rule, was indisputable. The supposed PI is subjective and prone to differing vantage points. Should’ve been called but entirely unsurprising it wasn’t.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

And now the DB Collinsworth is telling everyone to watch out for Brady and his trash team. Shut your ***** mouth Cris. The Bucs are complete trash and your man crush is washed up. What a clown he is.

He's got to try to pump up the game for next week. Let's face it, only the diehards will be tuning in for Bucs-Cards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t think it’s corruption, it just poor inconsistent officiating.  You got one over-officious clown ref on one side calling a bogus procedure penalty and a coward ref on the other side afraid to call a clear DPI on the next play.  That’s always been my gripe with NFL officiating.  There’s too many different guys that can throw a flag on any play and it leads to inconsistencies and teams being at the mercy of one of 8 guys that will or won’t throw a flag on any given play.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’ll give NBC a lot of credit.  Their former ref rules expert even said the procedure penalty was BS in addition to the obvious PI.  

Yes, it is extremely rare when the "Rules Expert" has the guts to call out a bad call or non-call. Good to hear it for a change.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

The procedure penalty, while a silly rule, was indisputable. The supposed PI is subjective and prone to differing vantage points. Should’ve been called but entirely unsurprising it wasn’t.

No it wasn’t.  He was at most a half yard off the line and kept checking with the side judge.  Even NBC’s former ref said it was too technical to call in the 1st quarter much less in the last minute of the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, it is extremely rare when the "Rules Expert" has the guts to call out a bad call or non-call. Good to hear it for a change.

Terry McAulay is a decent ref... but he has experience dealing with bad calls.  He's the white hat in this incident:

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

And now the DB Collinsworth is telling everyone to watch out for Brady and his trash team. Shut your ***** mouth Cris. The Bucs are complete trash and your man crush is washed up. What a clown he is.

While I agree, even Romo said at the end that he was encouraged by the Bucs O because they incorporated motion and other (basic) things on O that they apparently weren't incorporating prior in the year. 

Idk enough about them to have a legit opinion but they do look dreadful.  But the script writers might want it this way so we're amazed as they go on a playoff run 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.