New York Giants @ Washington Game Thread

Simon

Just now, Roundybout said:

Blackshear has 10 carries for 73 yards this season …

and 2 Tds - you watched him in games? dude can play in the NFL.

zack moss - nah. hines ? i mean is he really head and shoulders better. his contract isnt great. and id say hes been effing up as a returner. isnt fair catching when he should and vice versa

Just now, StHustle said:

Was keeping Kumerow really worth losing Hodgins? Our special teams seem just fine without him. Zero chance we ever get him back now.

thank you

1 minute ago, offyourocker said:

We seem to need help at WR but yet a guy that was on our practice squad is now a leading receiver for the Giants.   Does our coach have problems recognizing talent?  Same with constant OL issues yet we traded a guy that ends up being a stud for Cleveland

in what 4 or 5 drafts. for RG, LG , C - 3 positions..... weve drafted one - wyatt teller. cody ford was drafted to be a RT. thats simply astonishing 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Wasn’t he ? I think they had plans to bring him back to the PS but the Giants picked him up on waivers 

yea i mean the point is. the Bills should have foresight to protect him (dont they have designation for protection on PS?) not protect 100 DL and special teamers

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Wasn’t he ? I think they had plans to bring him back to the PS but the Giants picked him up on waivers 

I mean, in order to be on waivers a team has to release you. The Bills couldn’t put him on the PS because they already called him up 3 times.

Whether they wanted him on the PS is irrelevant because they didn’t want him on their 53.

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Dabol looks like he’s been enjoying them NY pizzas and Staten Island bagels 

Haha!  Just a new hoodie not washed or shrunken in yet! Plus that red challenge flag , his play calling card, all the wires from the headphones , and thermal underwear!   No way is that from all the food around the office and training table ! Lol,,,I thought the same thing seeing that side profile of him walking the sideline.  Head coaching prob can reinforce some stress habits , but then you see fit guys like Mcd and you can have access to world class training and dietitians too, so hopefully he will take better care of himself as he is pretty young and seemed like a great guy.  Having gotten to the pinnacle of your career , it’d be nice to enjoy it for many years ! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He was signed off our practice squad.

No he wasn’t. He was signed off waivers. He was called up 3 times which means the team needed to either sign him to the 53 or cut him and hope he cleared waivers before signing him to the practice squad. 

ie. He was cut and claimed by NYG. 

https://www.giants.com/news/isaiah-hodgins-claimed-waivers-buffalo-bills-oregon-state-beavers-brian-daboll

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Was keeping Kumerow really worth losing Hodgins? Our special teams seem just fine without him. Zero chance we ever get him back now.

The coaches felt that it was. Or they’d have to cut someone else. These things happen when you are a good team: you’re going to lose players. Injuries probably played a role. You’re talking about the edges of the roster here. 

31 minutes ago, balln said:

yea i mean the point is. the Bills should have foresight to protect him (dont they have designation for protection on PS?) not protect 100 DL and special teamers

Buddy, I don’t disagree that we should have kept Hodgins. But you’re displaying zero knowledge of how the roster works in your posts, and yet you’re criticizing how it’s managed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Buddy, I don’t disagree that we should have kept Hodgins. But you’re displaying zero knowledge of how the roster works in your posts, and yet you’re criticizing how it’s managed. 

buddy? they can protect players on PS. or after the elevate him they can also have him active on the roster. i voiced for the latter. they didnt and they lost him. youre displaying .... hatorade 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30/23325681/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more

3 minutes ago, balln said:

buddy? they can protect players on PS. or after the elevate him they can also have him active on the roster. i voiced for the latter. they didnt and they lost him. youre displaying .... hatorade 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/8/30/23325681/how-it-works-nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-and-more

He was promoted to the active roster… they removed him from the active roster. He was subject to waivers because of that. 

It had nothing to do with “foresight in protecting him.” They had already waived him once after the preseason to get him on the practice squad and nobody claimed him… they tried to sneak him through again.

It was a calculated risk with a player on the back end of the roster. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

He was promoted to the active roster… they removed him from the active roster. He was subject to waivers because of that. 

It had nothing to do with “foresight in protecting him” 

yea - you want to argue each word. bro im saying. DONT "remov him from the active roster" 

i dont give a rats A$$ however you want to do it

30 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He didn’t have much value on this team. At best he would be the 5th receiver so there would be a bunch of games where he wouldn’t even dress. Not a huge loss for this team, good for him for catching a couple of touchdowns. Let’s not make it sound like the Bills lost a potential #2 receiver though

Just now, balln said:

yea - you want to argue each word. bro im saying. DONT "remov him from the active roster" 

You don’t know what you’re saying. You were talking about protecting him on the practice squad… you quoted an article talking about protecting practice squad players 😂

It had nothing to do with “foresight in protecting him.” They had already waived him once after the preseason to get him on the practice squad and nobody claimed him… they tried to sneak him through again.

It was a calculated risk with a player on the back end of the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

They clearly didn’t see it that way. What can you do? When you’ve got a good roster other teams will poach players as the rules allow. 

Looks like Jones was down 

9 minutes ago, balln said:

You are only allowed three call ups. Hodgins was called up 3 times. At that point he is no longer a practice squad player and cannot be protected. 

At that point the Bills can either subject him to waivers or sign him immediately to the 53. If he were to clear waivers I assume he could be protected. But this is still a weird spot for Buffalo because another call up would be his 4th one of the season, which means the only way he could get called up would be to sign him to the 53. 

It didn’t make sense to submit Hodgins to waivers and protect him. Even putting him on the PS seemed odd because Davis was still nursing a foot/ankle issue and we only had 3 or 4 healthy WR. 

We have signed two guys off of their couches, we weren’t healthy and didn’t have numbers at WR. It didn’t make any sense at the time only to be made worse by a Kumerow injury the very next week. 

Edited by Mango

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

You are only allowed three call ups. Hodgins was called up 3 times. At that point he is no longer a practice squad player and cannot be protected. 

At that point the Bills can either subject him to waivers or sign him immediately to the 53. If he were to clear waivers I assume he could be protected. But this is still a weird spot for Buffalo because another call up would be his 4th one of the season, which means the only way he could get called up would be to sign him to the 53. 

It didn’t make sense to submit Hodgins to waivers and protect him. Even putting him on the PS seemed odd because Davis was still nursing a foot/ankle issue and we only had 3 or 4 healthy WR. 

We have signed two guys off of their couches, we weren’t healthy and didn’t have numbers at WR. It didn’t make any sense at the time only to be made worse by a Kumerow injury the very next week. 

right - my whole thrust of the argument is. Id rather see hodgins on our team than keep scrub ST that still stink and WILLL NEVER play (taiwan jones will never play RB). and i sort of feel john brown signing is a joke. we got caught with our pants down at WR. Now especially bc were dropping everything and i just see our recievers have a really hard time making contested catches. it seems weird to not prioritize a guy thats big , makes contested catches/ doesnt drop anything. I mean WE drafted him

im done talking about this

Edited by balln

41 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm not a Kumerow hater but I believed (and still do believe) Hodgins had a lot more upside.  Too much ST worth for Kumerow.

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

He’s on a 2 year deal for NYG. 

Giants took over that contract from the Bills.  The 2-year deal is a normal reserve/futures contract that he signed in Jan of this year.

I'm not sure if that is correct in Spotrac since he was cut in September and then signed to the PS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm not a Kumerow hater but I believed (and still do believe) Hodgins had a lot more upside.  Too much ST worth for Kumerow.

Giants took over that contract from the Bills.  The 2-year deal is a normal reserve/futures contract that he signed in Jan of this year.

I'm not sure if that is correct in Spotrac since he was cut in September and then signed to the PS.

be careful JGMcD2 may fight you over your exact knowledge

1 minute ago, balln said:

be careful JGMcD2 may fight you over your exact knowledge

He @JGMcD2was correct in what went on with Hodgins and his status when the Bills let him go.

I didn't want to get involved in your guy's conversation but now that you have, I will let you know something about the PS rules.

While it's true that some PS players can be protected, it's not in the way a lot of fans think.

Every week, every PS player can be claimed by any team (as long as that team is not playing the team of the player).

Even "protected players" that are designated could have been claimed the day before they are protected.

Like I've stated before, I wish Hodgins was kept.  Heck, I thought he should have made the 53 right out of camp.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Man, Dotson is a really good looking rookie WR...  i didn't pay much attention to him at Penn St.  I should have.

Just made an insane catch. 

Heinicke has gotta be one of my fav non Bills. He’s like the Fred Jackson of quarterbacks. They keep bringing in guys to take his place 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.