Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Our running numbers are heavily influenced by Josh. We're going to have to let him play superman again this year if we're going to make a run. Our running game isn't as bad as the doomsdayers, but not as good as the ones who say it's fine. IMO we need to start using prime draft capitol and key free agent signings on the O-Line and WR. Josh is the franchise. Going in to year 6 it's not optimal that he has to carry the team on his back all the time. For the rest of this year they're just going to let it rip and find away git 'er done.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KHAN said:

Our running numbers are heavily influenced by Josh. We're going to have to let him play superman again this year if we're going to make a run. Our running game isn't as bad as the doomsdayers, but not as good as the ones who say it's fine. IMO we need to start using prime draft capitol and key free agent signings on the O-Line and WR. Josh is the franchise. Going in to year 6 it's not optimal that he has to carry the team on his back all the time. For the rest of this year they're just going to let it rip and find away git 'er done.

if you check the numbers of our run game over the past 5 weeks and subtract Josh we are a top 10 rushing offense in totals and efficiencies.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hope you are right. But those stats are a little misleading. Can’t bank on Allen scrambling a lot in a snow game. We are going to need good running from our running backs. And I can’t imagine our stats are very good on rushing yards out of the RB position. 

That said, I saw what we were capable of two games ago— just need to go back to that and punch these guys in the mouths. 

The Bills average 4.55 yards on RB carries this season, tied for 11th best in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Am I the only one on this board who is a bit concerned about Justin Zimmer?

Not because he's a game-changing player - he's only played 10-20% of the snaps for the Dolphins in the last 3 games, he's now on injury report with a back injury.

But because he's said to be a "student of the game" and a very intelligent player who, having been on the Bills practice squad this season and started for them last season, is probably well positioned to give the Dolphins a lot of inside info on play calls, both offensively and defensively.

I hope the Bills are planning to change things up as best they can on a short week.

I am curious as what he will know vs a coach.  Maybe if he was on the field and recognized the terminology.....maybe.

What stops the Bills from using the same terminology for a different play?

Edited by Just Joshin'

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hope you are right. But those stats are a little misleading. Can’t bank on Allen scrambling a lot in a snow game. We are going to need good running from our running backs. And I can’t imagine our stats are very good on rushing yards out of the RB position. 

That said, I saw what we were capable of two games ago— just need to go back to that and punch these guys in the mouths. 

Josh in the Falcons game.  For a comparison, Tua has never played a down in his entire life with a snowflake coming down.

11 minutes ago, KHAN said:

So are Chicago's, Baltimore's, Philadelphia's, and any other team with a QB who can run. So what?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am curious as what he will know vs a coach.  Maybe if he was on the field and recognized the terminology.....maybe.

What stops the Bills from using the same terminology for a different play?

I feel positive it's not enough to warrant any amount of concern over Lol

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

So are Chicago's, Baltimore's, Philadelphia's, and any other team with a QB who can run. So what?

The "so what?" was in the post:

"Going in to year 6 it's not optimal that he has to carry the team on his back all the time."

4 minutes ago, KHAN said:

"Going in to year 6 it's not optimal that he has to carry the team on his back all the time."

Did he carry us on his back against NE when both Motor and Cook had 80+ yards rushing?  Where would the Chiefs be without Mahomes carrying the team on his back?  That's the NFL these days with a stud, do it all QB. People should probably get used to it because more and more teams will be like this moving forward.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, KHAN said:

The Bills don’t need optimal. They’re fighting for home to field to set them up for their first Super Bowl championship. Josh can be the difference in that battle. Often the team winning it all has overcome many less than optimal situations along the way. It’s what makes the sport so compelling. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this assumes that we can actually run the ball, and stop the run. Color me nervous about that. 

Agreed.  i think we’ll stop the Miami run game but I also think the Miami D will stop our run game.  

I think Miami has one advantage in that McDaniels >>>>> Dorsey.  

i think we have 2 advantages:  playing at home and in the cold and 17 is a tank.  

I see a tightly contested game, but we run away from them at the end 97-9 Bills.

• Haha (+1) 4

50 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No.  The Bills are a far better team than the Dolphins are and they will show it.

It's a bit of an advantage when the other team might know all your offensive and defensive playcalls, wouldn't you think?

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Was that Jerry Sullivan?  I should have figured that.  Q%A and he sits there and makes a statement as if it was a fact, i loved Josh response, "OK".  As a hot head I would have been sarcastic and ask Jerry if he actually had a question.

McDermott did sometimes, and so did Poyer.  "Is there a question?  What is the question?"

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills beat Miami and win another game they not only clinch the division but the 3 seed is the lowest they can finish. Squish the Fish and see where things fall after that.

2 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

Cincinnati will be as big or bigger.

We need the bye and homefield. No more going to Arrowhead.

Agreed!     Unless KC loses, we really need (or I hope) to win out.    This weekend is huge to win the Division crown, win now and then the Bengals game looms larger. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Agreed!     Unless KC loses, we really need (or I hope) to win out.    This weekend is huge to win the Division crown, win now and then the Bengals game looms larger. 

I think realistically we have to win out for the #1 seed.  I think the tough game will be Cinci unless we falter to someone we should beat easily, a la Jax last year.  Cinci I think will be about a 4 1/2 pt favorite versus us.

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

I hope Milano does to Tua what he did to Mike White!!

I hope he doesnt because Tua taking a hit that hard might kill him and i am not exaggerating.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Do you think Justin Zimmer knows Bills offensive and defensive play calls? 

Well, that was kind of the point of my original post.  He's supposed to be a very smart guy and he was on our practice squad being prepared to be called up for injury, so he likely knows the defensive play calls (also carryover from last year, when he started).  And he was on the scout team, so he would have had the opportunity to pick up the offensive play calls.

So yes, I think he probably does know quite a lot.

41 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Well played...if he keeps it up I guess he'll just be Ike 'ger

Beasley YAC!

Beasley was not a YAC guy with us at the end of his time.  Only 3.7 yards per catch is very low.  He is a reliable option to catch the ball which is why i want him.  Give Josh that security blanket so when he needs a play to go well he can sling one to Beasley with ease.  But after the catch I dont expect much from him.

footballoutsiders.com/player/39534/cole-beasley

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think realistically we have to win out for the #1 seed.  I think the tough game will be Cinci unless we falter to someone we should beat easily, a la Jax last year.  Cinci I think will be about a 4 1/2 pt favorite versus us.

I hope he doesnt because Tua taking a hit that hard might kill him and i am not exaggerating.

Maybe but we were favorites against Mahomes in KC.  Bengals are hot but i wouldnt be surprised to see us as favorites

Edited by YattaOkasan

Just now, Special K said:

I hope Milano does to Tua what he did to Mike White!!

It was one of the best hits I have seen, especially now days in NFL protecting QB's. I mean it was perfectly done so much that although it was a brutal "boom shaka locka" hit, it was done so perfect and legal that a flag couldn't even be considered.

Was definitely looking for the Jets head hunting of Josh rest of the game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Beasley was not a YAC guy with us at the end of his time.  Only 3.7 yards per catch is very low.  He is a reliable option to catch the ball which is why i want him.  Give Josh that security blanket so when he needs a play to go well he can sling one to Beasley with ease.  But after the catch I dont expect much from him.

Well aware...I was just surprised that he caught the ball in the clip and didn't go to ground.

• Haha (+1) 2

Good watch

-recaps his thoughts on the jets game

-talks about how he loves the snow games but also hates being cold. talks on how he's played in enough now that he knows how to physically and emotionally prep for them. IMO this is the big advantage our vets have over other teams coming to Buffalo. While plenty of our players were born in or prefer warm weather, they understand what to expect and how to phycological prepare.

-talks about being excited about the return of Beasley and how he's beloved in the locker room.

-touches on good deeds and sobriety towards the end

..... just a good solid listen on a Wednesday 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.