How much on Sunday will be an evaluation of Brandon Beane?

78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Well, I guess the question then is does it matter if you play at home in January or not? Many would argue that it does and last November cost them that opportunity.

The Chiefs weren't themselves for most of last year. Who cares? ***** happens in a season. They're good, They're gonna remain good for a while. No need to question Beane people need to get a grip

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Look at the long train wreck of coaching staffs that the Bills have had, over the last 20, or so years.

- Want to go back to that?

Heck no. I'm good with the current staff. Although my patience is running pretty thin with Frazier. Just not 100% sure if it's him or the way he is calling plays due to injury.

• Like (+1) 1

My god, I’m so glad I’m really busy with work so this is a silly topic.  The man won GM of the freakin year by his peers that know a lot more about football than us.  For christs sake, it’s like some of you are Madden addicts and are in fantasy land.  

go become a packers fan and see where that gets you.  We have the deepest roster on football!  Injuries happen.  We’re 6-2 for criminey sake.  Geesh.

Not to chkn little.  The sky’s not falling.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

My god, I’m so glad I’m really busy with work so this is a silly topic.  The man won GM of the freakin year by his peers that know a lot more about football than us.  For christs sake, it’s like some of you are Madden addicts and are in fantasy land.  

go become a packers fan and see where that gets you.  We have the deepest roster on football!  Injuries happen.  We’re 6-2 for criminey sake.  Geesh.

You know you could just, I don't know, move on past the thread you think is a waste of time and do something more valuable with your time, especially as you are busy with work this week.

Would that be too easy?

🤔

20 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think Sunday has better a chance to ruin a lot of Dorsey goodwill.

not to say he’s been terrible or even bad but I don’t think he’s been great but having a player like Josh Allen under center covers up a lot.

Lead the league in offense and our OC is average, shut up already.

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

Beane is already being evaluated for a poor draft and failure to upgrade a mediocre OL that’s supposed to protect the franchise investment.

The guy took Bernard over OL. The guy took Bernard over OL.

He got Safford, Morse and Brown, 3 of the 5 positions currently, how many do you think he should have got, 20?

On 11/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, Einstein said:

Good topic.

coming from YOU

😜 that’s classic.  

On 11/10/2022 at 5:07 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Josh doesn’t play on Sunday and not really a good or bad topic but how much will you be evaluating the overall roster construction?

Does Josh really mask the warts this team has like the constant talking about a running game or a consistent receiver outside Diggs.

Or does the talent we have step up and be good enough to hold it down til 17 returns? 

Your grasp on English needs improvement 

that or maybe not post whilst drunk 

1 hour ago, HomeTeam said:

This place is insufferable after a loss xD

My gosh! 

glad others are realizing that 

unreadable 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Flucod said:

Lead the league in offense and our OC is average, shut up already.

He got Safford, Morse and Brown, 3 of the 5 positions currently, how many do you think he should have got, 20?

Lol everyone on our offense isn’t great just because our offense is good.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

In your perfect fantasy forum, what would the posts look like? Just non-stop positivity?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein said:

In your perfect fantasy forum, what would the posts look like? Just non-stop positivity?

These BS posts pre - Beane would be understandable. 

If people can't see what has evolved since McD and Beane came here they are honestly F'ing idiots and should not be fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You know you could just, I don't know, move on past the thread you think is a waste of time and do something more valuable with your time, especially as you are busy with work this week.

Would that be too easy?

🤔

I’ll be the judge of my time, and yes I work 55-60 hours a week right now and happy doing it.  My point was the silliness and absurdity of the thread.  Each of us have opinions and I disagree with any referendum on Beane.  That’s knee jerk reaction that bought us a 17 year playoff drought just like fire McDermott after a loss.

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not really his roster construction on offense is what’s at question. Can they actually run the ball on 3-2 without it being Josh Allen.

Last Sunday Josh didn’t complete a single pass between the hashmarks. Does that mean the players he thought where going to replace Beasley like little dirty who everybody on this board was crazy about can get it done cause right now they aren’t. 
Can the oline made up of mid round picks and 1 year deals give Keenum a clean pocket to throw in. 
These are pretty valid arguments that’s why so many agree with me. 

• Agree 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, Simon said:

I will say that if they walk on to that field without Allen but also missing Groot, Milano, Poyer, Tre White, Spencer Brown and Kaiir Elam, then it becomes meaningless in terms of evaluating the GM.

It's kind of unfair to "evaluate" the offense without Allen, because this offense is built around Allen, and also because Allen is one of the single most impactful players in the NFL.  It's one thing if we were missing Diggs or Dawkins or some other important player.  Allen is irreplaceable. 

And yeah, on the defensive side of the ball we're just missing way too many starters to make any meaningful evaluation of anything.  We're almost back to the "missing our whole starting secondary" thing, only now with both linebackers banged up and without our second-best edge rusher.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

It's kind of unfair to "evaluate" the offense without Allen, because this offense is built around Allen, and also because Allen is one of the single most impactful players in the NFL.  It's one thing if we were missing Diggs or Dawkins or some other important player.  Allen is irreplaceable. 

And yeah, on the defensive side of the ball we're just missing way too many starters to make any meaningful evaluation of anything.  We're almost back to the "missing our whole starting secondary" thing, only now with both linebackers banged up and without our second-best edge rusher.  

IF we are without Allen, wouldn't this be the best time to evaluate the offense as he won't be there to cover up the deficiencies? Not so much the entire offense,  but the individual players. Also to see if/which players will step up knowing that they can't rely on Josh to cover for them? 🤔

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

IF we are without Allen, wouldn't this be the best time to evaluate the offense as he won't be there to cover up the deficiencies? Not so much the entire offense,  but the individual players. Also to see if/which players will step up knowing that they can't rely on Josh to cover for them? 🤔

I don't think so, no.  

If this team did not have Josh Allen on the roster and we were starting Keenum as our every-week starter, the unanimous opinion of everyone on this forum would be that we were wasting whatever other offensive talent we've accumulated.  I see no reason to change my mind about that just because we're missing Allen due to a short-term injury.  

11 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I don't think so, no.  

If this team did not have Josh Allen on the roster and we were starting Keenum as our every-week starter, the unanimous opinion of everyone on this forum would be that we were wasting whatever other offensive talent we've accumulated.  I see no reason to change my mind about that just because we're missing Allen due to a short-term injury.  

Interesting.  Was just looking at it from a return of Brown at RT, Dorsey more than likely to call a more balanced game (less deep shots). A little more of a run blocking scheme over pass blocking. Possibly increased role for Cook, Shakir and even possibly Hines. Maybe a few more Gadget plays for McKenzie. Maybe Keenum and Dorsey won't focus mainly on Diggs and Davis and looks to utilize all of our talent.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not really his roster construction on offense is what’s at question. Can they actually run the ball on 3-2 without it being Josh Allen.

Last Sunday Josh didn’t complete a single pass between the hashmarks. Does that mean the players he thought where going to replace Beasley like little dirty who everybody on this board was crazy about can get it done cause right now they aren’t. 
Can the oline made up of mid round picks and 1 year deals give Keenum a clean pocket to throw in. 
These are pretty valid arguments that’s why so many agree with me. 

Beane has done a pretty good job of trying to solve roster questions with numbers.  Brought back Mckenzie who flashed when Beasley was out. Signed Crowder who was one of the best slot free agents.  They also drafted Shakir who was one of the top slot guys coming out.  You cant really argue that he just sat pat.  Same goes for oline, dline. 

On 11/10/2022 at 4:32 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is a good thread, and the reactions to it are so typical of this place. How dare you suggest that something might not go well or that Beane might not have done a perfect job? Fans around here can't handle the possibility. Only blind positivity allowed.

I call baloney on this. There is clear consensus that Quesenberry sucked last week.   With a lot negative takes you rarely hear solutions or valid alternatives. It reads like a lot of whining and unrealistic expectations. JMO

Fire Beane. Fire McDermott. Replace them with whom and why? 

On 11/10/2022 at 5:07 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

If Josh doesn’t play on Sunday and not really a good or bad topic but how much will you be evaluating the overall roster construction?

Does Josh really mask the warts this team has like the constant talking about a running game or a consistent receiver outside Diggs.

Or does the talent we have step up and be good enough to hold it down til 17 returns? 

We have a good team, they’re just lazy because we have Josh. They’re not fighting hard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.