Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Even if Allen does play I still want them to design the offensive game plan as if Keenum is playing. Find the couple of run plays that we can execute at a high level and keep calling them. Get some screens going to Hines and Cook. Quick underneath passes to move the ball. Absolutely zero designed QB runs. If we can get that kind of offense going while still keeping teams on their toes with the threat of Allen's deep passes, we will be the scariest team in the playoffs.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Even if Allen doesn’t play this week, I find it hard for even McDermott would be saying hour by hour for 3 more weeks.

The injury seems much less severe than 2018.

Guess you can’t rule anything out with McDermott’s mannerisms, but hour by hour for 2-3 more weeks of media asking questions? Not likely.

40 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You act like Frank Reich is the only backup QB to ever win a game and that Case never played a game before playing in the Preseason with the Bills. Keenem, just last year, started two games for the Browns. He was 47/72 (65%), 462 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. That's good stuff for a backup QB.

Not that it matters much, but Keenum had 375 yards in those 2 games, not 462. The rest was spot duty in other games.

Keenum is a decent backup, and can manage a game, but he likely won't win you the game. In the 2 starts for Cleveland,  the Browns had 335 yards rushing and 3 TDs as well.

Edited by cle23

11 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Pretty sure they are gonna have to pry the football out Josh’s hand to keep him from playing Sunday! 

Isn't the football being pried out of Josh's hand what got us in this mess to begin with?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Even if Allen does play I still want them to design the offensive game plan as if Keenum is playing. Find the couple of run plays that we can execute at a high level and keep calling them. Get some screens going to Hines and Cook. Quick underneath passes to move the ball. Absolutely zero designed QB runs. If we can get that kind of offense going while still keeping teams on their toes with the threat of Allen's deep passes, we will be the scariest team in the playoffs.

It feels like that's what we were doing behind the bye - mixing things up and taking what the defense gave us. Return to that and I think the offense could be unstoppable, mistakes aside.

40 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You act like Frank Reich is the only backup QB to ever win a game and that Case never played a game before playing in the Preseason with the Bills. Keenem, just last year, started two games for the Browns. He was 47/72 (65%), 462 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT. That's good stuff for a backup QB.

Hey, I'd like nothing more than his performance on Sunday proving you're right and I'm wrong.  

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Don’t shoot the messenger but I’m hearing Josh is either going to play this week or not play this week.

I trust this source.

My source wasn't as confident, he said that there is a chance he could play or a chance that he won't.

Edited by without a drought
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.