Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

We'll know later today when the final injury report of the week is issued, but I'd bet anything that it says "DNP".

Based on this coaching staff's history and common sense, three straight DNPs almost certainly equates to a missed game.

I don’t know…..anything can happen.

I mean, the Bills got a player’s bare ass on the news so…….

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

We'll know later today when the final injury report of the week is issued, but I'd bet anything that it says "DNP".

Based on this coaching staff's history and common sense, three straight DNPs almost certainly equates to a missed game.

Yep.  McD just trying to make the Vikes have to game plan for both Josh and Keenum.  I’d be surprised if Josh plays on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yep.  McD just trying to make the Vikes have to game plan for both Josh and Keenum.  I’d be surprised if Josh plays on Sunday.

Vikings are gonna game plan for the Bills offense. The plays themselves won’t change much. The only difference is no players are in danger of being leapt over with Case

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Vikings are gonna game plan for the Bills offense. The plays themselves won’t change much. The only difference is no players are in danger of being leapt over with Case

Agree.  I’m not sure any NFL team ever had to game plan for Case Keenam. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Even if Allen does play I still want them to design the offensive game plan as if Keenum is playing. Find the couple of run plays that we can execute at a high level and keep calling them. Get some screens going to Hines and Cook. Quick underneath passes to move the ball. Absolutely zero designed QB runs. If we can get that kind of offense going while still keeping teams on their toes with the threat of Allen's deep passes, we will be the scariest team in the playoffs.

I agree with this.  Let's get back to moving the chains, one play at a time, etc.  I'm wondering if it's a possibility that Josh dresses, but they play Keenum and have Josh as the back up.

I think Allen sits out this game. Case Keenum will play and we all hope executes well.

Here is a thought. The Bills/ Dorsey utilize plays that keep Case Keenum in a good offensive flow. Let our playmakers do their thing and take the onus off of Him as the key piece of the puzzle this Sunday.  Let the Offensive weapons we do have step Up.

The defensive injury list concerns me as much as the QB situation just sayin'

m

14 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I agree somewhat, but I believe there would be different points of coaching emphasis against Keenum rather than Allen.

For instance, containing the edges and perhaps assigning a spy are not going to be points of emphasis against Keenum the way they would be against Allen. I would also think that squatting more on short and intermediate routes and worrying a little bit less about the deep routes would be a consideration.

In short, I think the Vikings defense potentially employs very different defensive tactics depending upon whether it's Keenum or Allen under center for the Bills.

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

I think Allen sits out this game. Case Keenum will play and we all hope executes well.

Here is a thought. The Bills/ Dorsey utilize plays that keep Case Keenum in a good offensive flow. Let our playmakers do their thing and take the onus off of Him as the key piece of the puzzle this Sunday.  Let the Offensive weapons we do have step Up.

m

I would hope Dorsey has not been reserving sensible play calling for emergency situations but that may be the Case.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

m

Cook, Singletary and Hines.

And Knox when he passes. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.