Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We just have so little to go on with this, and haven't heard from Allen since Sunday. 

We know it's not nothing, he isn't practicing. 

So the best case scenario based on all reports is a minor Grade 1 sprain that keeps him out a 1-2 Weeks. 

The initial Rap report was he was going to play through it, but it doesn't seem likely if his not practicing at least in a limited fashion. 

But nothing even close to a real/authenticated update on the actual injury, past the first couple of Twitter people saying it's "partially torn" 

No... "best case scenario" is NOT a minor Grade 1 sprain necessarily.

Here... I'm going to post this for a 3rd time and direct you to 2:35 and keep watching for about a minute.  This is where he describes what is probably "best case scenario," which is nerve irritation.  It's basically the nerve getting knocked out of place and shouldn't cause him to miss much, if any time.  But again, watch the explanation from someone explaining different possiblities of injuries for Allen with visuals.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I would leave the Vikes guessing so they have to prep for 2 QBs.

They will take this decision down to the wire.

They prep for the Bills offense. I doubt Vikings are nervous if Keenum plays. How hard is it to prep for Keenum?

29 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Here... I'm going to post this for a 3rd time and direct you to 2:35 and keep watching for about a minute.  This is where he describes what is probably "best case scenario," which is nerve irritation.  It's basically the nerve getting knocked out of place and shouldn't cause him to miss much, if any time.  But again, watch the explanation from someone explaining different possiblities of injuries for Allen with visuals.

Yeah, you might be right.

I wonder if the train is leaving the station on just a nerve popping in and out or irritation.

I watched the video before you posted it and it sounds a lot like the 2-3 others that Doctors put out.

For me, we just don’t have any details. If it is strained, how badly? 

That guy on Twitter said “partial tear” but then repeated that line about trying to play through it. But based on the videos it just doesn’t seem like any kind of tear is something this team would let him play through.

So mentally I am just kind of moving on, it seems like we are drifting to a multi week injury. The videos of the sleeve don’t make me feel better, it makes me feel he is further away.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Thanks for posting this.  I was actually going to ask you to post it for a third time when I read that you already posted it twice, but I went back 4-5 pages in this thread and didn't see it yet, so I gave up (I bet it was on the 6th page back) and I decided not to ask, but I guess it worked out in the end 🤣

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

Thanks for posting this.  I was actually going to ask you to post it for a third time when I read that you already posted it twice, but I went back 4-5 pages in this thread and didn't see it yet, so I gave up (I bet it was on the 6th page back) and I decided not to ask, but I guess it worked out in the end 🤣

Ask not and ye shall receive :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Lol, you're not scoring a point against LeBron

I just watched an old Kobe or Shaq* interview and they said in HS one of them used to play their friends to 100 and spot them 99 points. 

If we took the best basketball player on this message board in his prime he wouldn’t be able to score any points on HS Kobe Bryant let alone 6 on adult Lebron James. 

(I am fairly certain it was Kobe, but I just saw an interview with Shaq about him in HS today)

Is there really no poll on this yet? Put me down for 1 game.

He's not missing 4+ games unless he slipped while walking his dog and further injured himself or something else crazy that they're hiding. Dude rubbed his elbow and uncorked a bread basket 70 yarder after the injury. The few that are still dancing around (maybe even hoping for) the possibility of him missing 4+ games or worse are far more ridiculous than those analyzing and hoping for no games or 1-2.

• Like (+1) 3

Josh would be an incredible TE.  I think he went to TE camp this past year even.  I always thought Bills could design a crazy play, break it out for playoffs.  Josh from shotgun, motions wide, Singletary(or some RB/WR/TE with an arm) takes snap, Josh one on one versus LB in space, or some other match up we dictate

Bills we be fine with Keenum this week. It's funny that a lot of people are that concerned with him getting the start, based on what they have seen of him in preseason and mop up duty. He was barely getting any reps, let alone any with the No. 1 offense. Any of you who played any sport at a high level, knows how difficult it is to come into a game cold and with very little reps. Alas, its 2022, logic need not apply.

Anyways, rest up JA17. I expect the Bills to rally to a win. Need a big game from the D-Line this week. MIN is suspect on the interior O-Line.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Aesop said:

Bills we be fine with Keenum this week. It's funny that a lot of people are that concerned with him getting the start, based on what they have seen of him in preseason and mop up duty. He was barely getting any reps, let alone any with the No. 1 offense. Any of you who played any sport at a high level, knows how difficult it is to come into a game cold and with very little reps. Alas, its 2022, logic need not apply.

Anyways, rest up JA17. I expect the Bills to rally to a win. Need a big game from the D-Line this week. MIN is suspect on the interior O-Line.

And Cousins is also a statue in the pocket. Von and company need to bring the pressure bigtime. Get a few turnovers so Case has a short field to work with.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aesop said:

It's not just Josh Allen.

It's also Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds, Greg Rousseau and Kaiir Elam that aren't expected to play.  We aren't sure if they Tre White is able to come back yet, or what condition he will be in.  Not to mention a half dozen other guys who are pretty banged up like Matt Milano, Dane Jackson, etc.  The Vikings aren't a pushover in the slightest.

The Bills have strong depth, and have been dealing with injuries all season long.  At some point though, I'm afraid this is going to start overwhelming us and become a 2021 Baltimore Ravens situation.  That team was 6-2 at one point (like us) and in control of the #1 seed in the AFC.  They were 8-3 going into December, and then dropped their last six games to miss the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

Obviously this is mostly speculation on what I’m reading but I feel like this guy can definitely play. If it was the playoffs, he’d be out there. I also feel like almost every big name QB in the NFL plays through injury all the time. That’s why they get paid what the do. Franchise QBs are dependable and are someone you expect to have every week. It’s a short season. You can t just write weeks off. It’s a physical game and everyone is banged up. Most QBs are dealing with some sort of issue and most just play.

All that being said, this team will sit him. We refuse to push the issue on anyone that’s not 100% and we don’t take regular season games as serious as I’d like. We will take our chances with Keenum and we will probably struggle.  The number 1 seed is incredibly important to THIS team. And if we have to go to KC in the playoffs, we are probably going to wish we hadn’t. I’m tired of writing games and seasons off as if we will get back every year for a decade. I bet today by 3/4 we find out he’s out. I definitely hope to be wrong because we need him 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.