Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

ooh, what do Nate Geary and Stinky Joe DiBiassi think about this situation?  I’m dying to know!

Nah not those guys. They are as bad as it gets. I heard Nate actually ask out loud a few weeks ago if Dick Labeau was a defensive guy or OC and I was just out. I get it, some of these younger kids are from a different era but Jesus. That’s inexcusable. It was Sal

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’ll have to Listen to the clip again but to me it sounded like Rapport throwing it out there that he might not be able to grip the football as a result of the injury as opposed to him knowing in fact that he can’t.. .

Everything is just speculation right now, but that whole nerve thing is explained in that Youtube video I've now posted twice in this thread.  It's actually kinda best-case-scenario in a lot of ways and this might even mean there's no sprain at all.  The nerve issue they may be talking about is the equivalent of you hitting your funny bone and having that tingly feeling.  With Allen it was just bad enough that it took longer than the normal couple minutes to fix itself, but they apparently usually resolve themselves pretty quickly.

So... if that's actually a "report" that it was the nerve issue thing involving Allen's grip of the football, I think that's honestly truly best-case scenario (other than him not getting injured, obviously) and who knows if that report is based on Allen's status today or right after the injury itself.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Everything is just speculation right now, but that whole nerve thing is explained in that Youtube video I've now posted twice in this thread.  It's actually kinda best-case-scenario in a lot of ways and this might even mean there's no sprain at all.  The nerve issue they may be talking about is the equivalent of you hitting your funny bone and having that tingly feeling.  With Allen it was just bad enough that it took longer than the normal couple minutes to fix itself, but they apparently usually resolve themselves pretty quickly.

So... if that's actually a "report" that it was the nerve issue thing involving Allen's grip of the football, I think that's honestly truly best-case scenario (other than him not getting injured, obviously) and who knows if that report is based on Allen's status today or right after the injury itself.

We just have so little to go on with this, and haven't heard from Allen since Sunday. 

We know it's not nothing, he isn't practicing. 

So the best case scenario based on all reports is a minor Grade 1 sprain that keeps him out a 1-2 Weeks. 

The initial Rap report was he was going to play through it, but it doesn't seem likely if his not practicing at least in a limited fashion. 

But nothing even close to a real/authenticated update on the actual injury, past the first couple of Twitter people saying it's "partially torn" 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

We need Allen's elbow 100% for the playoffs. It almost doesn't matter where we play or who we play. 

Yes, we WANT home playoffs games, and that bye is huge. But a close to 100% Bills team is going to beat anyone anywhere.

If I play a 1:1 basketball game vs LeBron James to 20 points (using 2's and 3's, not the silly 1 point per basket rule some use) it aint going to matter where we play, I'm going to lose. 

I bet I'd score 4-6 points though! 

Edited by TheFunPolice

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

We need Allen's elbow 100% for the playoffs. It almost doesn't matter where we play or who we play. 

Yes, we WANT home playoffs games, and that bye is huge. But a close to 100% Bills team is going to beat anyone anywhere.

If I play a 1:1 basketball game vs LeBron James to 20 points (using 2's and 3's, not the silly 1 point per basket rule some use) it aint going to matter where we play, I'm going to lose. 

It doesn't matter where we play?

We are 3-0 at home and 0-4 on the road under Sean 

Just now, arcane said:

It doesn't matter where we play?

We are 3-0 at home and 0-4 on the road under Sean 

Yeah, I can’t stand all the current mental gymnastics.

Anything less than the one seed is a disappointment.  Sure, we could overcome it, but that’s the goal.  Especially considering how our season has ended the last two years.

24 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

You aren’t scoring 4 points on lebron if he tries lol

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Here's something kind of interesting (to me anyway).

If Keenum starts on Sunday, every team in the AFC East would have started a backup QB at some point this season, which is only halfway complete.

...and every team in the division has a winning record. Go figure. 

Seeing Gabe’s interview on YouTube today about Josh “coaching “ from the sideline is another warning sign i think is falling into place  ( beside the fact there has been NO REPORTED definitive diagnosis ever released and Josh reportedly had “more testing “ which to me is dr / team speak for getting a SECOND opinion as this injury is easily visualized by mri / ultrasound , clinical signs are easily tested, and results were most likely back Monday afternoon for an NFL TEAM) that I would say IMO warns Josh  is out this week.

Davis when questioned mentioned Josh being slightly down or frustrated ( paraphrasing) , but still out on the practice field coaching and helping the team and Case be ready. Gabe repeatedly dropped the mantra next man up “ that’s the game of football”, how we trust Case, how Josh “ wants to be healthy” and he’s a competitor helping us with things he knows as we try retaining that info as we get ready.  Not ground breaking but just seemed less guarded about Josh being “ down” , coaching , etc, which coupled with one more dnp is one more objective observation you don’t get from Mcd officially in a presser. 

Tasker / brown mentioned today how the 4 th quarter is the Bills lowest scoring quarter , scoring on 36 points ( 16% of their total ) , while the 4 th quarter fo the vikes is their best scoring 36% of their points ( almost 2x the bills with 70 points) !   That’s a pretty alarming trend , tho some of that may be the Bills having some games in hand by then and taking their foot off the gas pedal. Still, may be a sign teams adjust better in game relative to Dorsey and the O. It also suggests if we are trailing going into the 4 th , we are in trouble perhaps more so than prior seasons.   Vikes have won 6 one score games coming in so it suggests we need to be efficient early, not drop into the same slumps we saw last year in the 3 rd quarter now showing up later , and that a lead is not safe against this Vikings team until the games over. Mcd needs to perhaps throw out the analytics so much , and take points ( fgs) early if we have too as we can’t leave early points out there like prior weeks. 

This team is not the same early Bills team that could score at will. With Josh likely out , receivers dropping balls or not getting open , the O line missing aggressive play of Brown , the D being hurt with Groot , two all pro safeties out ( Johnson being less than avg or even bad) , LBs perhaps not100%, and having rookie cbs out there while another pro bowl player seems delaying  playing , is a recipe for struggle this week.  Just have to hope we get some breaks until we get healthy as we have zero turnover margin, and let’s hope Dorsey is more creative in the 4 th quarter and red zone this week.   Would be tough seeing the Fins leading the division and the Chiefs back on track as a #1 seed.  That first half seems critical Sunday! 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I play a 1:1 basketball game vs LeBron James to 20 points (using 2's and 3's, not the silly 1 point per basket rule some use) it aint going to matter where we play, I'm going to lose. 

Lol, you're not scoring a point against LeBron

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Lol, you're not scoring a point against LeBron

I'd insist on having the ball first as the underdog then kick that sumbitch right in the jimmy, drop in the layup and run for my truck with a 1-0 win.

• Haha (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.