Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

may have been mentioned but what if keenum took the first reps all week because Josh will start but if he feels he can't make a go of it or anything just isn't right then he can trot off the field and keenum can trot on with some preparation under his belt. I would prefer Josh to start and seeing some of the video evidence showing him with no sleeve on his elbow, may be a sign that it isn't that serious?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Partially torn UCL and he’s out there with no brace and some tape? 

Are we down the detailed level that he didn’t finish picking up his helmet with his right hand and run off with it indicating he can put weight on it?

His helmet was rolling about at the start of the video....seems likely he had tossed it there 

42 minutes ago, Aesop said:

Vikings have also had a cupcake schedule, outside of the Eagles in week 2.

W1 vs Packers who allow 20.9 ppg (15th)

W2 vs Eagles who allow 16.9 ppg (4th)

W3 vs Lions who allow 29.3 ppg (32nd)

W4 vs Saints who allow 25.2 ppg (29th)

W5 vs Bears who allow 24 ppg (21st)

W6 vs Dolphins who allow 24.9 ppg (26th)

W8 vs Cardinals who allow 26.8 ppg (31st)

W9 vs Commanders who allow 21.3 ppg (16th)

They have faced one top ten defense and lost 24-7. Now they face the Bills, who even with all the injuries only allow 14.8 ppg, which is first in the NFL. If you are going to throw statistics around you should probably dig into the strength of schedule. It's kind of important.

Not over the last 3 games, where most of the injuries have peaked. 

You still are evading the point.  It's the Bills without Josh we are discussing.  It's ol' Case Keenum behind a shaky O-line with a suspect run game. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Considering it doesnt matter what us fans think, I think most of us are simply hoping for the best but planning/expecting the worst. What else can we do?

I just think the Josh Allen playing talk is silly by now. It's Keenum's time to shine. Bold prediction is Keenum 300 yards passing with 3 TDs. Bflo Cook outshines his brother with a rushing and pass catching TD. After this game the controversy will be do the Bills let Allen sit another week or play Keenum. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The entire Defensive side of the ball.

Can our #1 D stop their decent O? And can our hampered O move the ball on their sucky D? Not a bad match up even without Allen.

Their O should be much better than it actually is when you look at their skill position players. The reason it isn't is because of their QB. He is just milquetoast.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not over the last 3 games, where most of the injuries have peaked. 

You still are evading the point.  It's the Bills without Josh we are discussing.  It's ol' Case Keenum behind a shaky O-line with a suspect run game. 

100 % agree here. Hard to feel good about a Bills led Kennum, injuries, recent issues such as the Oline, and the run game on both sides of the ball. 

People can point to strength of schedule and opponents teams have played. There some merit to that however it's very difficult to win games in the NFL. The Vikes are 7-1 and that's evidence of a team that knows how to win and close games out. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I genuinely think this is all smoke in mirrors.   If the injury is truly a UCL sprain/tear, they would be idiots to play him Sunday. 

Because all injuries are the same severity right? By all accounts this is nothing more than a pain management issue and there is virtually no chance to injure it further outside of being hit on the same area in the same way again, which is unlikely as it's been 4 years between occurrences.

Firstly, ANY sprain is a form of tear. Can be anything from a microtear(what Allen likely has) to a full year.

Secondly, the UCL is not utilized much in throwing a football. The Ulnar Nerve is likely a bigger concern as that would effect his ability to grip the ball(why he "dirted" the next throw 3 yards in front of Diggs).

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Their O should be much better than it actually is when you look at their skill position players. The reason it isn't is because of their QB. He is just milquetoast.

I think the Vikes are better than the Bills in the trenches. Not sure how the Bills slow down Cook without giving big plays to TJ and Jefferson. Not sure how the Bills offense will move the ball on the Vikes. Their weakness is their pass defense and Keenum can't throw the ball long. Will the Bill try to run and if so will they be effective? Seems like Keenum is a walking pick 6 because I think the DBs try to jump the routes. 

10 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I genuinely think this is all smoke in mirrors.   If the injury is truly a UCL sprain/tear, they would be idiots to play him Sunday. 

I mean, it has to be. If what they are saying is true, how could they possibly justify the risk, especially after how they are treating the other guys on the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I mean, it has to be. If what they are saying is true, how could they possibly justify the risk, especially after how they are treating the other guys on the team.

Josh Allen > other guys

Seriously though, this game is important. It's not an afc game, but we're only one game ahead in the division 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

This is just getting silly now.

I sort of agree.

This has just been a strange week altogether. No social media from Josh, lack of hearing anything concrete from the Bills other than

he is day by day, hour by hour and "we'll see" if he can play. Like to me that doesn't sound like a 3-4 week off injury. Especially he if got some practice in today. 

It may be the best move to give him a rest this week and have him back next week for Cleveland. I kind of expect it at this point. 

But it would be kind of funny for all this back and forth lets try and mess up the Vikings only to have Keenum run out of that tunnel,  and then get beat by 20. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Vikes are better than the Bills in the trenches.

They're strong at the edges, but weak inside. This would be a good game for Ed Oliver to get back to his level of play from the latter half of last year. And DaQuan Jones to get out of his slump. The DE opposite of Von Miller is going to be a weakness the Vikings can attack no matter who it is, nothing we can do about that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.