Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, eball said:

There is literally NO evidence of this being even close to the truth.  Josh practiced today.

You may as well be Dr. Chao on Twitter who is paid by FanDuel to pontificate on player injuries without any hands on evaluation of the patient.

All of the speculation is ridiculous.

I think Josh will be a game time decision on Sunday, and I’ll be mildly surprised if he doesn’t play.  Missing three games?  Preposterous based upon what we’ve actually seen.

Hence my comment is "I'd say". It's a guess. Nothing more than that.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Because all injuries are the same severity right? By all accounts this is nothing more than a pain management issue and there is virtually no chance to injure it further outside of being hit on the same area in the same way again, which is unlikely as it's been 4 years between occurrences.

Firstly, ANY sprain is a form of tear. Can be anything from a microtear(what Allen likely has) to a full year.

Secondly, the UCL is not utilized much in throwing a football. The Ulnar Nerve is likely a bigger concern as that would effect his ability to grip the ball(why he "dirted" the next throw 3 yards in front of Diggs).

Thirdly, it might be nerve irritation, not a sprain.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I mean, it has to be. If what they are saying is true, how could they possibly justify the risk, especially after how they are treating the other guys on the team.

What who's saying? Have we heard specifics from anyone within the Bills organization what the injury is? Or is the media just guessing?

Just because on Monday Allen was having his UCL checked for a sprain or tear doesn't mean they found one.

Agree there’s a ton of media speculation. One of the National media guys said he heard there’s a tiny tear in JA17 elbow. Where did he get that? And everyone took it as fact. I didn’t. Seeing him at the end of practice today shows this is nothing like his rookie year. If Josh was accurate and felt no pain why would they hold him out. I think he’s playing Sunday. Absolute worse case is sitting out one game to let his elbow get back to 100 %. 

1 hour ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

There is no longer a "doubtful" designation. There is "questionable" and "out". And, of course Josh is currently questionable. Looked for the link to show the rules, couldn't find it. But, I know I heard it on WGR the other day and looking at the injury report, those are the only two used anywhere so I'm quite sure it's correct.

Please see Elam's status

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Let's see what happens at 4pm tomorrow. If for some reason Barkley is not elevated from the practice squad, we will have our answer 

They could dress him but still start Keenum.  

7 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Agree there’s a ton of media speculation. One of the National media guys said he heard there’s a tiny tear in JA17 elbow. Where did he get that? And everyone took it as fact. I didn’t. Seeing him at the end of practice today shows this is nothing like his rookie year. If Josh was accurate and felt no pain why would they hold him out. I think he’s playing Sunday. Absolute worse case is sitting out one game to let his elbow get back to 100 %. 

Spains are tiny tears 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Two weeks would suck but 4 weeks that is real trouble. I was always expecting Case to play this Sunday since Allen did practice the last 2 days. It is what it is. I still think they will beat the Vikings.

There is no f**king way he misses 4 weeks. If he is questionable this week and misses, he plays next week. Bank on it.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Poyer has been a major disappointment this year. 

Only because he has been injured. When he played he led the NFL in INTs.

Just now, Logic said:

If what Will Caroll says is true -- and multiple people seem to think Caroll is a trustworthy source -- then Allen missing not only this week but possibly more games after that suddenly seems much more plausible. 

Makes no sense at all that he practiced, even in a limited basis, today and will miss multiple games. Comes sense says worst case senario is he misses this week and is back for Cleveland. I’m going against what everyone is predicting and am thinking he plays Sunday 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Makes no sense at all that he practiced, even in a limited basis, today and will miss multiple games. Comes sense says worst case senario is he misses this week and is back for Cleveland. I’m going against what everyone is predicting and am thinking he plays Sunday 

I don't think he plays, not necessarily because he can't, but more because the Bills coaching staffed has erred on the side of caution this season.  Granted, this is also a unique case, as it's the most important player on the team and the guy our entire offense is designed around.

That said, I agree that missing multiple games doesn't make much sense either.  I mean, why would he go from wearing a brace to having his arm merely taped up as it was today if it were 3-4 week injury?

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, he's the QB, so yeah, he will have the TD passes.  That's how it works

23 of 25 though?

92% from your QB.  Willing to bet that's the highest rate in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

We do. There is no possible way he would be questionable today with anything more serious than a very mild Grade I sprain. May also have subluxation of the ulnar nerve.

He had a Grade II sprain, was in obvious pain and missed 4 weeks. Clearly he does not have that this time.

It still is something to monitor. Monitor as in see how he reacts to actually doing football type movements. 

They may very well be concerned more about his ability to grip the ball than more damage to the UCL which is very very unlikely.

The doomsayers are hilarious...it's obvious it isn't serious. People need to stop with the nonsense.

If Schefter was the one who gave the exact diagnosis I’d be right with you.

Instead we have Lloyd Christmas from Buffalo saying he knows Josh Allen’s girlfriend and The Lines trusted source talking about a <10% tear and non surgical treatments and PMP shots.

I’m with you on the major injury. I don’t think even McDermott would say day to day knowing he’d be asked about that over and over again for 4-weeks, and his arm went limp against the Texans.  All of that lines up. 

But even Rapoport can’t tell you the exact injury. It’s all been covert. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.