Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

Just now, nucci said:

They prepare for the Bills offense. Yes, there's a big difference and Keenum is a big downgrade. You don't think the Vikings will be ready if Keenum plays? We should really mess with them and play Barkley

I dont disagree that the "Will he or wont he" smoke game McDermott plays is meaningless, but he's been doing that for years now and does so at every chance so I'm not surprised if that's an angle he's going at with this too. And no, I do think the Vikings will be ready regardless but the game plan is a bit different if it's Allen vs any other QB IMO. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Seriously?

I don't understand you and @Logic and @BuffaloBaumer and your ilk.

It's absolutely still possible that Josh sits, but it seems like in some of your minds you delusionally think you know the extent of Josh's injury when you obviously don't have a clue.

Likewise.

None of us know a thing.

I'm following obvious context clues, like several missed (or curtailed) practices in a row for Josh. Case Keenum getting first team reps all week.

Based on everything I have seen, heard, and read, and based on the practice reports this week, I am GUESSING -- and I do feel that it's an educated guess based on the previously mentioned context clues -- that Josh sits.

I don't know, Baumer doesn't know, and neither do you.

No need to throw stones.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They act as if it's somehow the same injury he suffered his rookie year when all signs point to it being SIGNIFICANTLY less serious. It's honestly comical.

No more or less comical than those who are dead certain that he's playing based on little more than blind hope and guess work.

Edited by Logic
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills lost to the Jets (20th in scoring, 8th in point allowed) with Josh Allen.   Vikings are 8th in scoring and 12 in points allowed.

Vikings have also had a cupcake schedule, outside of the Eagles in week 2.

W1 vs Packers who allow 20.9 ppg (15th)

W2 vs Eagles who allow 16.9 ppg (4th)

W3 vs Lions who allow 29.3 ppg (32nd)

W4 vs Saints who allow 25.2 ppg (29th)

W5 vs Bears who allow 24 ppg (21st)

W6 vs Dolphins who allow 24.9 ppg (26th)

W8 vs Cardinals who allow 26.8 ppg (31st)

W9 vs Commanders who allow 21.3 ppg (16th)

They have faced one top ten defense and lost 24-7. Now they face the Bills, who even with all the injuries only allow 14.8 ppg, which is first in the NFL. If you are going to throw statistics around you should probably dig into the strength of schedule. It's kind of important.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Likewise.

None of us know a thing.

I'm following obvious context clues, like several missed (or curtailed) practices in a row for Josh. Case Keenum getting first team reps all week.

Based on everything I have seen, heard, and read, and based on the practice reports this week, I am GUESSING -- and I do feel that it's an educated guess based on the previously mentioned context clues -- that Josh sits.

I don't know, Baumer doesn't know, and neither do you.

No need to throw stones.

No more or less comical than those who are dead certain that he's playing based on little more than blind hope and guess work.

I'm not certain he is playing at all. But I would be stunned if he misses more than one game.

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honestly... my main reason for thinking Case might play at this point is McDermott setting Keenum up for a revenge game all week, not wanting to let him down and having an excuse with Allen’s injury.

There is no logic in this thinking.  The Bills wouldnt just sit Allen for some stupid non existent "revenge" game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I dont disagree that the "Will he or wont he" smoke game McDermott plays is meaningless, but he's been doing that for years now and does so at every chance so I'm not surprised if that's an angle he's going at with this too. And no, I do think the Vikings will be ready regardless but the game plan is a bit different if it's Allen vs any other QB IMO. 

I think it’s obvious that they want the Vikes to spend time preparing for Allen just in case be plays. Two different QBs stylistically.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s obvious that they want the Vikes to spend time preparing for Allen just in case be plays. Two different QBs stylistically.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

It’s the other way around. McD wants Vikings to prepare for Keenum when Josh is really starting. 

It doesnt matter which QB. If the Vikings spend even 1 snap preparing for another QB, then McD is winning the chess game. NFL teams have such limited practice time and reps during the week, anything we can do to waste even minutes or seconds simply THINKING there might be a different QB is a win.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just wait until Barkley runs out on the field as the starter!  Vikes won't know what hit them!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Where are the Bills much better than the Vikings besides Allen? 

The entire Defensive side of the ball.

Can our #1 D stop their decent O? And can our hampered O move the ball on their sucky D? Not a bad match up even without Allen.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, nucci said:

there's no film on Keenum and the Bills? You think the Bills have an advantage if Keenum plays instead of Allen?

Not saying that at all. Are you kidding me?

But no, there is no film on Keenum and the Bills unless you think seven attempts in mop up duty of two blowout wins is anything meaningful for them to glean any tendencies from. Not having game film with Keenum at QB for the Bills may complicate their preparation to some small degree. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.