Pass rusher Josh Allen getting trade interest

Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Wont be coming here

Got picked before Oliver ( pick 9) …who would you rather have had?

During the draft when the Raiders passed on him I posted they should trade up to get Allen or Hockenson. I would still take either player over Oliver, even though Oliver has been ok and steadily getting better.

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills can figure a way to get this done, they should highly consider.  Young, healthy edge rusher/olb.  We’d have to give up something, but he’s the goods and I feel like we are going to have to make a tough choice on a contract or so regardless (Epanesa, Boogey, Oliver).  Would make our pass rush unstoppable, which is key in this day and age and the hardest and one of the most expensive positions to fill effectively.   

I was so confused at first. I thought at first that the Jaguars want our Josh Allen and was upset.. I looked deeper, and wow I didn't know the Jaguars has a guy named Josh Allen on their team!!!!!!! Can we have him? :) 2 Josh Allen's in the Buffalo Bills team! Hahahaha.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

I was so confused at first. I thought at first that the Jaguars want our Josh Allen and was upset.. I looked deeper, and wow I didn't know the Jaguars has a guy named Josh Allen on their team!!!!!!! Can we have him? :) 2 Josh Allen's in the Buffalo Bills team! Hahahaha.

You didn’t know the other Josh Allen? 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, wppete said:

This Josh Allen is also a stud. Would be a good fit in our defense but I think he will be expensive. 

A 2023 1st from Buffalo for a top 10 draft choice in the 2019 draft? Sign me up.

Rousseau and Josh Allen is a premier edge rush for the next 6-7 years.

We’ll be picking at the bottom of the first anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

A 2023 1st from Buffalo for a top 10 draft choice in the 2019 draft? Sign me up.

I see what you are doing here, not mentioning Von so he will play pi**ed off.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Only downside is we are going to have to pay 💰 for new contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Only downside is we are going to have to pay 💰 for new contract. 

One of the best problems to have is having great players that everyone wants. (Like coaches.) You can’t have them all, but it says you are drafting well, and you get the first shot at them. 

36 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I would easily give up a 1st for Jags Josh Allen, even as just a two year "rental" it would put the Bills as one of the best D-lines in the NFL in 2023 and cement the Bills 2022 D-line as being the best by an even wider margin. That being said Jags Josh is a 7.23 million dollar cap hit. I know there is ways to massage the cap but the Bills currently sit at 1.6 million in cap space. Jags Josh even if the salary is prorated to slightly less than half sits at about 3 million. KC isn't much better as they sit at 2.3 million in cap space so a trade for Jags Josh isn't much easier for them to pull off. 

I just don't see it happening given the Bills have other more pressing areas of need on the roster (guard) that they will be more active in and the cap math doesn't work out.  

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Saw a blurb saying the Chiefs are in on him...

The Chiefs are similar to the Bills in that they don't have much cap space. KC's cap space is 2.9 million The Bills is 1.6 million. Jags Josh has a cap hit of 7.32 million. I can't see either team being able to massage the cap enough to pull it off. If I was KC I would offer a 1st in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024 but I just don't see the cap working out esp after the Chiefs sunk in 750k on Toney. Unless a resident TBD cap expert can comment as to how the Bills or Chiefs can massage the cap to make it happen?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Most of the Chiefs fans on CP covet Jerry Hughes. They want him badly. 

Hughes has cooled off since registering 4 sacks in 3 games. In the Texans past 4 games Hughes has zero sacks. Not saying Hughes wouldn't make a nice rotational player for any playoff team but he isn't a major difference maker either. 

24 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would easily give up a 1st for Jags Josh Allen, even as just a two year "rental" it would put the Bills as one of the best D-lines in the NFL in 2023 and cement the Bills 2022 D-line as being the best by an even wider margin. That being said Jags Josh is a 7.23 million dollar cap hit. I know there is ways to massage the cap but the Bills currently sit at 1.6 million in cap space. Jags Josh even if the salary is prorated to slightly less than half sits at about 3 million. KC isn't much better as they sit at 2.3 million in cap space so a trade for Jags Josh isn't much easier for them to pull off. 

I just don't see it happening given the Bills have other more pressing areas of need on the roster (guard) that they will be more active in and the cap math doesn't work out.  

The Chiefs are similar to the Bills in that they don't have much cap space. KC's cap space is 2.9 million The Bills is 1.6 million. Jags Josh has a cap hit of 7.32 million. I can't see either team being able to massage the cap enough to pull it off. If I was KC I would offer a 1st in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024 but I just don't see the cap working out esp after the Chiefs sunk in 750k on Toney. Unless a resident TBD cap expert can comment as to how the Bills or Chiefs can massage the cap to make it happen?

They could restructure someone on the team, have the Jags pay some salary this year and/or release someone to make it work.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, mikemac2001 said:

I feel like he hasn’t done much to expect that return rookie season was his best and then sacks have fallen off 

10.5 rookies season, injured year 2 so only 2.5 sacks, 7.5 sacks year 3 plus an INT and 3 so far this season. 23.5 sacks so far is really good considering he's the best pass rusher they have and everyone knows it.

On 10/27/2022 at 1:51 PM, dollars 2 donuts said:

I think he is pretty good when I've watched him, which has been more than just our game against them last year.

Hes talented, but we are deep on the D Line this year.  That’s not an area we need to bolster.  Especially as we need the draft capital to offset the impact several contract extensions will be popping including the guy who wears #17.

Other teams who are relatively close and has the cash will most likely find a home.  I also am very cynical that Coach wants to part with a high impact rusher who is young.  I’ll write what I always write on these “let’s bring him in” threads, we’re not playing Madden.

• Agree 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:19 AM, Logic said:

I don't understand the trend of teams trading away good, young players once they're having a losing season.

If it's a salary cap necessity, a character issue, or a young team getting rid of an old guy, then I understand.

But if teams like the Panthers and Jaguars traded away guys like Brian Burns and Josh Allen? THAT I would not understand.

I don't understand how trading away talented, young players on cost controlled deals at premium positions helps a rebuilding effort.

Agreed. Ditto with Bradley Chubb. If I'm a GM these young, talented pass rushers are the kind of players I'm trying to acquire, not trade away.

All 3 of these players are young enough to be foundational pieces in a rebuild situation. It's hard enough finding pass rushers without trading them away.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

39 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Agreed. Ditto with Bradley Chubb. If I'm a GM these young, talented pass rushers are the kind of players I'm trying to acquire, not trade away.

All 3 of these players are young enough to be foundational pieces in a rebuild situation. It's hard enough finding pass rushers without trading them away.

Pass rushers also age fairly well, they play at a high level into their early 30's. Top pass rushers barring serious injury don't typically fall off until around age 32-34 and even then they don't completely fall off a cliff. So if you have a Jags Josh Allen, Bradley Chubb or Burns who are 24-26 years old they have a lot of prime years left. A rebuild in the NFL takes 3 or so seasons so a coach coming in with a 24-26 year old pass rusher is going to have a 27-29 year old still producing at a prime level with some more years left in the tank. 

Now if a pass rusher is 29-31 years old then a rebuilding team is going to want some draft capital to bring in players that will assist in a rebuild 2-3 years from now. So I just don't see these players getting traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.