Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for picks

wolfpack78

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

When has loading up on defense been proven as a reliable strategy in the playoffs to stop a very good or better offense?  

The Bills have beaten KC in the regular season twice in a row.  A solid pass rush helps, but a team that sits tight at the deadline with SB aspirations makes me wonder.  

With the exception of the Rams last year, tell me all these recent SB winning teams and their big deadline trades.

The biggest name was the Eagles trading for Jay Ajayi in 2017.  I went back to 2015.

This deadline trade stuff to win SBs is urban legend.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have more faith in Justyn Ross being a player in the NFL than I do Toney. 

Let it go man. You were beating that drum during draft season and I kept telling you no one was going to take him in the draft because of his serious injuries. Then he  gets hurt again. Justyn Ross is lucky he's walking let alone going to be a star in the NFL. 

Edited by gonzo1105

3 hours ago, Logic said:

For those saying Toney is a bust...

He has not failed to produce for TALENT reasons.

Health and attitude are major question marks, but he is extremely physically talented. He reminds me of Percy Harvin in his prime.

IF he can stay healthy and learn the playbook, he'll be a playmaker for them. Big "if", though.

He's a Percy Harvin type player in that he's quick and shifty buts he's no Percy Harvin! In his prime he was possibly the best athlete in the entire league.

For anyone who is worried about this, KC already has Sky Moore and they don't even play him.

3 hours ago, wolfpack78 said:

Conditional 3rd and a 6th

I think it’s a good pickup for KC - he definitely makes their offense better. I don’t think he’ll pick up any of the slack left by Tyreek, but I can see Andy using him as a gadget player.  

It really is telling though that NYG couldn’t find any use for him.  Their WR room is pretty sorry.  They gave him away for next to nothing 

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

JuJu is putting up the second best YPR of his career, the second best YPG of his career and already has 400 more yards than he did last season. 

it’s not that early to say that was a successful move. He was basically regarded as a scrub and his career has turned around.

Maybe you're just easier to impress than I am? In any event he's played 2 maybe 3 "good" games as a Chief. The rest of the time he's been fairly absent. I think it's fair to say that there is some promise of upside...but to say it was successful may be a premature statement so far. Let's see how the rest of his season goes.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

With the exception of the Rams last year, tell me all these recent SB winning teams and their big deadline trades.

The biggest name was the Eagles trading for Jay Ajayi in 2017.  I went back to 2015.

This deadline trade stuff to win SBs is urban legend.

Melvin Ingram  impacted that Divisional game last time.  Oh, and there was another guy last season...Von Miller?  Anyone heard of him?  He went from Denver to the Rams.

Trades at the deadline used to be a rare occurrence...but teams are seeing the benefit now and why deals are happening more often.  Check the number of deals in 2020-21 versus 10 years previous.  

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

"Other than just last year, when a trade deadline acquisition resulted in a team winning the Super Bowl, when was the the last time it happened!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Let it go man. You were beating that drum during draft season and I kept telling you no one was going to take him in the draft because of his serious injuries. Then he  gets hurt again. Justyn Ross is lucky he's walking let alone going to be a star in the NFL. 

I accept he could be too injured to ever get on the field. But if he does get on the field he is a legit NFL starter. I'd still have been willing to take a flier of a day 3 pick on him. 

15 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Melvin Ingram  impacted that Divisional game last time.  Oh, and there was another guy last season...Von Miller?  Anyone heard of him?  He went from Denver to the Rams.

Trades at the deadline used to be a rare occurrence...but teams are seeing the benefit now and why deals are happening more often.  Check the number of deals in 2020-21 versus 10 years previous.  

If you read my post accurately, I said, "other than the Rams".

Hey, I've already said adding a guy like OBJ could be a good move.

Trading for some guy using draft picks and taking on big money is not a great move IMO.

Let's see what Beane does by Tuesday.

4 hours ago, beebe said:

Oh, and then the obvious: KC's offense is #1 DVOA offense in the entire league. They lead in PPG despite playing many good defenses (Bills #1; Bucs #5; 49ers #7, Colts #11; and Chargers D pre injuries piling up.) The Tyreek Hill departure makes them less scary on offense, but it hasn't made them less efficient to date.

That's all fair, but as a Bills fan I dont care how you guys perform against other defenses. Tyreek Hill being traded away makes it much easier for our defense to stop you, and we saw that two weeks ago. I would argue that the improvement in offensive DVOA from last year to this year is more about Mahomes not inexplicably forgetting how to play QB like he did over a several game stretch last year. He's back at his usual elite level, but even playing at that level we were able to hold you to 20 points. In the long term the trade makes sense, in the short term it makes you less likely to win a Super Bowl this year.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s handled the benching/lack of playing time well… despite being pressed by the media to give them some snark, disrespectful or immature remarks about the organization and staff.

Perhaps he’s turned a corner? 

Honestly think OBJ is an option come a few weeks…. Number one concern with this team for me remains offensive line… and by concern I mean what might hold them back from winning the SB.

Perhaps.  I wouldn’t use that as evidence to support that his character concerns are no more.  Definite character concerns.  But perhaps.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Maybe you're just easier to impress than I am? In any event he's played 2 maybe 3 "good" games as a Chief. The rest of the time he's been fairly absent. I think it's fair to say that there is some promise of upside...but to say it was successful may be a premature statement so far. Let's see how the rest of his season goes.

No it's all about the risk-reward and what the player was thought of before he took that deal.

JuJu's last two seasons, he average a dreadful 8.7 YPR.  That's like a running back stat line.

His first year as an FA, he signed a 1 yr $8M deal with $7M GTD with the Steelers.  He had 15 catches for 129 yards and only appeared in 5 games.

He then hits FA again and his deal with KC was team-friendly to say the least. 1 year $3.7M with 2.7M GTD. And then, like I said, he's on pace to have the second best year of his career.

For what KC paid to get him (a 1 year low-cost prove it deal on a WR bordering on out of the league), he's absolutely working out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.