Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs for picks

wolfpack78

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

OBJ might not be back until December. And it’s also banking on a dude coming off a major injury is back to 100%, which is risky. 

personally, I love Elijah Moore and would like a toney (though those injuries are really scary) more than OBJ, who I feel is severely overrated at this point. 

Zero chance of moore being traded to Buffalo.  You know this

Joe Schoen is a junior wizard....Toney has not contributed at all (2 catches 23 yards) to a 5-1 start and he may blossom with the Chiefs but Joe got the most out of an unproductive asset for the Giants.

The call to Beane today was "I got a 3rd and a 6th for a player that hasn't contributed at all this year."  Beane said, "the force is strong with you".  

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Toney isn't a guy to torch you, though. YAC? Sure. But Toney himself is a role player guy as well.  And one with persistent soft tissue injuries at that. When you look into the future at a possible Chiefs/Bills rematch does Toney tip the scale as much as, say Tre White being back again? I think we both know that answer...lol

But that’s the problem with receivers. It’s the most dependent position in football. If your qb sucks, it doesn’t matter who the receiver is. Randy Moss sucked in Oakland and was suddenly good again in NE. 

I believe in his talent and I believe Jones is one of the worst throwing starting qbs in the nfl. But KT hasn’t shown the ability to stay healthy and that’s the biggest issue. I see it as a low risk, high reward move. These are the moves good teams can make. 

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chiefs get Toney -- from Joe Schoen no less -- and Beane sits on hands as usual. It's actually unbelievable at this point.

No way Beane trades for a reputed head case no matter how talented. Jeudy's recent bad body language might be enuf to turn him off even if he was otherwise interested.

• Disagree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Thank you. Lots of places saying conditional when I think they mean compensatory. The Chiefs have a 3rd round comp pick for Bears GM Ryan Poles.

So those picks are at the very end of the 3rd round, behind the comp picks.

Still a good haul for a guy who has missed 12 out of a possible 24 games he could play, including 5 so far this season.

• Agree 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s the problem with receivers. It’s the most dependent position in football. If your qb sucks, it doesn’t matter who the receiver is. Randy Moss sucked in Oakland and was suddenly good again in NE. 

I believe in his talent and I believe Jones is one of the worst throwing starting qbs in the nfl. But KT hasn’t shown the ability to stay healthy and that’s the biggest issue. I see it as a low risk, high reward move. These are the moves good teams can make. 

Or run routes. Or learn a playbook. 

I see this as a bit like when the Bills threw a pick at Cleveland for Corey Coleman, except that was a 7th. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, starrymessenger said:

No way Beane trades for a reputed head case no matter how talented. Jeudy's recent bad body language might be enuf to turn him off even if he was otherwise interested.

We traded for Diggs who had way more “issues” in Minnesota than Jeudy has in Denver. 

• Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chiefs get Toney -- from Joe Schoen no less -- and Beane sits on hands as usual. It's actually unbelievable at this point.

I remember 2 offseason ago when the Bills hardly did anything "splash" worthy and the Chiefs added Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, and Jarron Reed and Bills fans when into mass panic about how much better the Chiefs got and the Bills sat on their hands only to have the Bills have the Chiefs on the ropes last year with 13 seconds to go

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Problem with this:  no mention of belief in the young man’s character.  That IS his biggest problem. It’s not health.  He’s just not a mature adult yet.  Maybe this will help him mature. Maybe not

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.