Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

Just now, WotAGuy said:

I had no idea you have been here since 2010. Are you on other teams’ boards too?  Gotta be on the Viking Ship, or whatever they call it in Minnesota, amirite?

Most other teams hate the Packers too outside of GB. They don’t welcome Packer fans on their boards.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Most other teams hate the Packers too outside of GB. They don’t welcome Packer fans on their boards.

I wouldn’t have guessed that. I figured the Packers are kind of an institution and universally respected, at least.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

ce, I'm going to shoot straight with you for a moment. Please understand that this does not come from a place of malicious intent or with the slightest intent to be rude.

This has been tried multiple times during various engagements from different posters with him. You can specifically make it clear in the very first sentence that no ill intentions are meant and put it in all CAPS to be extra clear. Somehow he still manages to act as if he was offended and responds saying that you and everyone here hates him and won't be missed when he leaves.

Says that over and over again throughout the thread and will go to a different thread and does same there. That way to make sure as many ppl see as possible. It's like he may be having fun with it lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34891785/nfl-week-8-game-picks-schedule-guide-fantasy-football-tips-odds-injuries-stats-know#gbbuf

Packers (3-4) at Bills (5-1)

8:20 p.m. ET | NBC | Spread: BUF -11.5 (47.5)

What to watch for: The Packers and Bills enter this game on two different trajectories. Green Bay is on a three-game losing streak, while Buffalo has been one of the best teams in football and is looking for an eighth straight win following the bye week. To come away with an upset win on the road -- the Packers are 11.0-point underdogs, the largest underdog spread in quarterback Aaron Rodgers' career -- the Packers will have to slow down quarterback Josh Allen and the Bills' offense, especially on third down. The Bills lead the league in third down conversion percentage (52.8%) while the Packers' defense is allowing the third-fewest conversions (30%). -- Alaina Getzenberg

Bold prediction: Rodgers will finally have a 300-yard passing game. It might be because the Packers are behind from the start, and they have to throw, throw, throw. Or perhaps they've ironed out some of their issues after Rodgers called people out. But look for Rodgers' streak of consecutive games without a 300-yard passing performance to end at 12. -- Rob Demovsky

Stat to know: The Bills have held opponents to 21 or fewer points in 10 straight regular-season games, one shy of matching the longest streak in franchise history (1999-2000).

What to know for fantasy: Nothing in Green Bay is going great these days, but the elevated floor of Allen Lazard is worth noting: five straight games as a top-30 receiver. See Week 8 rankings. [note: Lazard has been declared OUT]

Betting nugget: Buffalo is 4-1-1 ATS and has the largest average cover margin in the league this season (9.92 PPG). Green Bay is 2-5 ATS and has the worst average cover margin in the league this season (minus-7.9 PPG).

Moody's pick: Bills 42, Packers 14
Walder's pick: Bills 30, Packers 17
FPI prediction: BUF, 84.8% (by an average of 12.3 points)

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Hating the Packers, or any team, is one thing. No one hates their fans if they are as respectful as you have been on here. 

Hell,, we even put up with @Zerovoltz. 😆 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I wouldn’t have guessed that. I figured the Packers are kind of an institution and universally respected, at least.

I think maybe it's more Rodgers instead of Packers in general. Seems like some have just lost some respect for Rodgers over the past couple years.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Hahahaha, the first time I had advance Injury info from a friend who saw a player jogging around his neighborhood with the dog and gave me a heads up on it...

43 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Really? Why is that? The ones I know have been fine to talk football with...

Chiefs, Pats and Fins fans?? Forget it.

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Most people here enjoy talking to fans of other teams as long as they are respectful and not trolling.

Im a troll so there goes that.

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Hating the Packers, or any team, is one thing. No one hates their fans if they are as respectful as you have been on here. 

Hell,, we even put up with @Zerovoltz. 😆 

31 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

This has been tried multiple times during various engagements from different posters with him. You can specifically make it clear in the very first sentence that no ill intentions are meant and put it in all CAPS to be extra clear. Somehow he still manages to act as if he was offended and responds saying that you and everyone here hates him and won't be missed when he leaves.

Says that over and over again throughout the thread and will go to a different thread and does same there. That way to make sure as many ppl see as possible. It's like he may be having fun with it lol.

Nope you never did that at all. Ive tried to reason with you guys but no it doesnt happen. Many posters wont talk to me now anymore on here that did before.

13 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Nope you never did that at all. Ive tried to reason with you guys but no it doesnt happen. Many posters wont talk to me now anymore on here that did before.

You have been coming here respectful for years and most fans have shown you that respect back.  You are not a troll.  Just stop the oh woe is me attitude and talk some football with us. 

I realize your team is in a stinker right now and have our team coming up but your season isnt over man.  Just enjoy the football.  Lots of games left to play.  Lots of mediocre teams out there this year in both the AFC and NFC.  Your team can turn it around anytime.  I think what screwed your team is trading Adams away with nobody in place to take over for him.  I dont understand that move at all after just giving Rodgers another contract.  It never made sense.  You dont give a big contract to a QB on the downside of his career and then act like you are in a rebuild.  This is the time you should be pushing to get that one more before Rodgers is done.

Chin up bro. Sometimes teams just have a down year.  I lived 2 decades of them but still watched excited every week.

9 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Nope I bet Bills fans root for the Patriots over the Packers when they play. 

Uh no.  A lot of Bills fans had GB as their NFC alternate team.  Rodgers is kind of a dick but that just is what it is.  Almost none of us root for the Pats ever, no matter who they play lol.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I doubt it. Im sure when the Jets pounded us 2 weeks ago Buffalo fans were not minding it at all.

We almost always are rooting for any team in our division to lose, especially if they are playing an NFC team. We also care a lot less about the outcome of a Jets game compared to the Patriots. A lot of people are hoping the Jets beat the Patriots this week just because we hate them so much even though from a standings perspective that’s not a good thing.

33 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Yes, I absolutely did on more than one occasion and I have seen multiple times before other posters did as well in the past during other discussions with you.

Also I did in this very thread earlier...here I'll go back and find so you can see since you want To dig your hole a bit deeper....will edit soon as I find (just for you because you're that special)....

Edit: There in bold below. 

2 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Dude, come on man.....see this is the type of stuff I was talking about earlier....this is just 1 of those post that you have said so many times in the past. When someone post something you don't like then you often say the same, "this is last time ppl will see you here", also with the ol, "nobody here likes me and I won't be missed anyways"....

It really is a bit childish and attention seeking and you have continued this for years. Not insulting you here but seems you need to maybe grow up just a bit. 

Edited by Patrick Duffy

6 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

If Bills fans are paying attention to the Packers game though they are definetely rooting against the Packers. 

Are you ok?  Serious question.  What is going on here?  Why are you so intent on demanding that Bills fan admit that they both hate you and the Packers.  I don't think anyone hates either.  It's like coming on here as a Detroit fan and saying we hate them...they aren't as relevant to us because they are in the NFC and we don't really have THAT many memorable games with them.  KC...yes...Pats...yes...AFC East in general...yes.  Packers?  Not really.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

That is awesome! The younger fans (i.e. my 3 children, ages 14-21) love the crazy videos that this group has been putting out.  The team is smart to appeal to a younger audience.  We old die-hards will be here no matter what, but that generation is more likely to become die-hards, by getting hooked while the team is playing well. This kind of success will set deep roots. 

Its all good as long as it’s not distracting from game prep…. He seems like he has got a lot going on these days…

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Are you ok?  Serious question.  What is going on here?  Why are you so intent on demanding that Bills fan admit that they both hate you and the Packers.  I don't think anyone hates either.  It's like coming on here as a Detroit fan and saying we hate them...they aren't as relevant to us because they are in the NFC and we don't really have THAT many memorable games with them.  KC...yes...Pats...yes...AFC East in general...yes.  Packers?  Not really.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

If you read the thread I started you will see how disliked I am here.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

How long you plan to keep on with this lol? 

Anyways, you have any comment in regards to my response to your quote proving what you said was wrong? Or you don't want to acknowledge that part?

1 hour ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I doubt it. Im sure when the Jets pounded us 2 weeks ago Buffalo fans were not minding it at all.

Are you kidding?  The Jets are in our division.  Why would Bills fans root for them over an NFC opponent?  I was po'd that the Packers didn't beat them.

• Like (+1) 1

The posters that wont talk to you are probably the ones you don't want talking to you.  If you can point me to a specific thread and conversation I would like to know how you managed to get them to stop talking to you.  Sometimes it's like a kid yelling in the back of the car "are we there yet?" with them.

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Are you kidding?  The Jets are in our division.  Why would Bills fans root for them over an NFC opponent?  I was po'd that the Packers didn't beat them.

Kinda my thoughts. No Bills fan I know really cares about the NFC enough to hate a team unless it's one of the NFC East teams that beat us in a Super Bowl.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t like the Packers, the Packer fan of the last 3 decades have become spoiled with HOF QB play and as soon as a little adversity hits they curl up in a ball and cry. These entitled fans need to sack up.

I’ll enjoy watching the Bills kick the Packers teeth in Sunday night.

12 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

It’s definitely true. If we played NE in the Super Bowl Bills fans would hope for a tie or root for the Pats cause you want to see a divisional rival win the SB. Nobody really likes the Packers outside of Green Bay.

Let's see how many bites you get on this one. When will they figure it out?

• Like (+1) 1

What’s happened to you man?  You’ve always had several posters over the years that didn’t want you here.  It didn’t seem to bother you too much.  You realized that you’re a packer fan on another teams forums.  Many won’t like you.  

I’ve always gotten along with you and mean no harm with this, but you seem somewhat unstable and depressed.  I’d recommend talking with someone professionally. You’re mood is completely different and it can’t be because  the packers are having a down season.  I wish you the best man.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

It’s definitely true. If we played NE in the Super Bowl Bills fans would hope for a tie or root for the Pats cause you want to see a divisional rival win the SB. Nobody really likes the Packers outside of Green Bay.

Merchandise sales over the years would seem to contradict this assertion. The Packers have been a well loved team since Lombardi, Jerry Kramer, the Ice Bowl, Max McGee, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.