MNF - Broncos @ Chargers

Steptide

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

No idea how Hackett got a head coaching gig. Most likely he will be gone after this season. Denver franchise doesn’t have patience with bad coaching or QBs. But Wilson isn’t going anywhere with that contract so Hackett will be the obvious firing. 

Hackett is bad but Denver has worse problems with that terrible Wilson contract they aint getting out of.  At least they can replace Hackett.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No idea how Hackett got a head coaching gig. Most likely he will be gone after this season. Denver franchise doesn’t have patience with bad coaching or QBs. But Wilson isn’t going anywhere with that contract so Hackett will be the obvious firing. 

I’m pretty sure they were trying to get Rodgers. 

Hackett will be fired after 1 season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I was actually just thinking about that -- the Chiefs are 4-2 and the Chargers are 4-2 and they don't belong in the same tier by any reasonable measure. 

The Chargers can say they've done this down the best Center in the league, Allen, a great young starting Tackle and I'm sure some other pieces.  

They haven't even played well and they're 4-2

They're winning that division 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea Wilson blows, but at least try to throw down field, running it up the gut two times in a row is incredibly ***** frustrating to watch…. Even as someone who doesn’t give a ***** about either team.

Yeah I get it.  Hackett is definitely bad.

Just now, Billznut said:

Bye week firing. Problem is the Broncs don’t have their own Leslie Frazier - the experienced former HC who just exudes competence. Boring competence, but competence. Hackett was a joke 9 years ago in Buffalo and he’s still a joke today. I expect a new interim HC + an outside offensive coordinator coming in. 

Just now, Billznut said:

No idea how Hackett got a head coaching gig. 

It's a simple answer. Cronyism with more than a dash of nepotism at it's core. He was labeled as an up and comer at a young age because of who he's related to and  who he has connections with because of that familial connection. He's never actually DONE much of anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm worried about Dorsey 😉

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They also claim he is athletic but I don't really see that either.

He is super stiff we he runs, he isn't elusive and shifty in the pocket like Mahomes and he doesn't have the running ability, athletic ability or juke moves that Allen has...

Maybe he is athletic in that he can run out of trouble but his running doesn't usually lead to much.

Yeah because he’s always running backwards! Weirdly I think the knock on him coming into the draft was that he was athletic and it was making up for his lack of polish as a passer. I feel like he’s been the opposite in the NFL. 

I don’t see the fire in him and I don’t see killer instincts. Josh made some bad drifts backwards in the pocket on blitzes his rookie year (Packers game) but this is year 3 for Herbert. He can’t handle the blitz!

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think Hackett has a big personality and it’s been a lot of fake it til you make it for him. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The Chargers can say they've done this down the best Center in the league, Allen, a great young starting Tackle and I'm sure some other pieces.  

They haven't even played well and they're 4-2

They're winning that division 

They are not winning the division. The Chargers can lose to just about anyone right about now. The Chiefs already beat them head to head and the Chargers have shown zero capability of winning key games over I am not sure how many years...since the early Rivers years...

It's one thing if they normally play well and they are simply in a bad stretch...but when have they really played well? 

They are basically mediocre. The Chiefs will steamroll them again.

There is no way the Chargers are winning another 8 games which is likely what it will take to win that division.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Some shade from Scott Van Pelt saying maybe a tie would have been appropriate.

I mean that is an upgrade from the Broncos last game when both teams should have gotten L's for that putrid show they put on.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They are not winning the division. The Chargers can lose to just about anyone right about now. The Chiefs already beat them head to head and the Chargers have shown zero capability of winning key games over I am not sure how many years...since the early Rivers years...

It's one thing if they normally play well and they are simply in a bad stretch...but when have they really played well? 

There is no way the Chargers are winning another 8 games which is likely what it will take to win that division.

I mean that is an upgrade from the Broncos last game when both teams should have gotten L's for that putrid show they put on.

I hear you on the upgrade, but I think that just shows how horrid last week's game was because this ....this was pretty bad.

Remember when Eric Wood yelled at Maybin "give back some of that money you ain't *****in' earned? 

How long until a Bronco yells that at Russ Wilson?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

I hear you on the upgrade, but I think that just shows how horrid last week's game was because this ....this was pretty bad.

Remember when Eric Wood yelled at Maybin "give back some of that money you ain't *****in' earned? 

How long until a Bronco yells that at Russ Wilson?

They probably already have...nobody likes Russ. Nobody. 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Vs Seattle

@Atlanta

@ a decimated 49er team

Vs Chiefs

@Arizona

@Raiders

Vs Miami

Vs Titans

@ Colts 

Vs Rams

@ Nathaniel Hacket

There are 8 wins there.  

20 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Herbert does not impress me. I have no idea how any of the Pundits could have even considered him being better then Allen. It must be people simply trying to be contrarians 

Coming into this season I thought he would have been right up there at the top, maybe a tier below Allen and Mahomes. Doesn’t look to even be close so far. 

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Oh god, next MNF is Bears-Patriots.

I'm In. 

Manningcast will be on.  I already got plans to watch at the neighbors.  We will eat, drink, and hopefully make fun of both teams.

Who the Fins playing?

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

B.S.

Maybe he pulled it during the game but honestly I was thinking he looked faster than I’ve seen him in a while. 

Just now, Demongyz said:

Sure he did.  Also, they spent a lot of capital for an overrated QB

Well yeah, that too.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Vs Seattle

@Atlanta

@ a decimated 49er team

Vs Chiefs

@Arizona

@Raiders

Vs Miami

Vs Titans

@ Colts 

Vs Rams

@ Nathaniel Hacket

There are 8 wins there.  

Chargering is a verb for a reason. They'll end up with 9 or 10 most likely. There is nothing I've seen that makes me assume they can go 8-3 over an 11 game stretch no matter who they are playing.

Edited by Big Turk

26 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Coming into this season I thought he would have been right up there at the top, maybe a tier below Allen and Mahomes. Doesn’t look to even be close so far. 

He’s been banged up. He’s already shown the ability to be in that conversation. I expect Herbert and the Chargers to make a run as the season moves on.

51 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

that’s what I thought at first too, but the explanation by the rules dude made sense. Receiving team initiated the contact (right in front of the guy signaling for a fair catch.)

According to NFL Rule 10 Article 1  Item 1:

"Item 1. Contact with Receiver. It is interference if a player of the kicking team contacts the receiver, or causes a passive player of either team to contact the receiver, before or simultaneous to the receiver touching the ball."

Presumably when the Charger in front of the kick returner attempts to block, he's no longer a passive player. Hence he can be pushed into the kick returner in a fair catch situation and not be called for interference.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, QCity said:

That Denver D is legit. 2nd in DVOA and something like 16+ quarters without allowing a passing TD. Who would have guessed Wilson to be the weak link on the team? I guess with Hackett there maybe more should have.

Anybody watching him play for the past, I don’t know, 4 years could have guessed. He  made due with athleticism early on, but he is not a complete quarterback. He really never has been. *Maybe* he was briefly, but I’ve always seen him as someone who struggled reading defenses, seeing the full field, and finding a rhythm. He always wanted to improvise and when he didn’t, he often made mistakes. It worked for a while. I know even as recently as 2020 he was playing well enough, but he’s lost himself in his schtick and he’s not a guy the players want to play for. I’m sure Hackett is making it worse, but Russ was bound to fail wherever he went.

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Russ is bad but he has got nothing to work with and had to run for his life.  

Agree the offensive talent in Denver is overrated. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.