Lil' Dummy McKenzie.........offical team character builder

BADOLBILZ

The Bills need to learn from their past personnel mistakes and elevate Shakir. 

In the past they made Singletary play behind Gore, Gabe playing behind John Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, and not phasing Cole Beasley out when he was clearly running on fumes late last season. 

I've been in support of McKenzie getting more time his entire tenure with the Bills, but I do think that Shakir is just bigger, and has the instincts. He needs more snap count. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills need to learn from their past personnel mistakes and elevate Shakir.

Shakir is on the 53 man roster and need not be elevated.

I think you mean "have him active", which he was last week and this week and likely will be going forward.

Shakir played 15 snaps yesterday, on which he had 2 targets and 1 reception.  The other, he got his hands on the ball and couldn't bring it in.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is spot on, but I still rather see Shakir more. Let McKenzie reprise his gadget role

Oh totally.  I'm all for seeing somebody else start to eat at McKenzie's snap share, but we don't have to be mean about it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Billever76 said:

With a more aware player Bills would have a good chance to be undefeated..had Mckenzie ran straight obo in miami we get the chance for the game winning kick

Or if he just gets the yards and dives down they can have plenty of time to spike it.   It is easy to forget it wasn't 3rd down.  If he had run out of bounds they just end the game on the next play anyway.   He literally did the dumbest thing possible. 

To quote Bill Parcells......."Dumb players do dumb things. Smart players very seldom do dumb things."

Edited by BADOLBILZ

I'm being repetitive, and I mean McKenzie no disrespect, but get that liability off the field. 

Our goals are more important than one player. Khalil Shakir's talent profile is FAR better than McKenzie's and Shakir has yet to make even one of the stupid mistakes we've seen outta Lil Dirty.

Make the FN change already!

Li'l Dirty cost the Bills at least 10 points in the first half.  Not looking at Josh when he's a lateral option was mental error #1.  Tripping over his own feet on the 4th down pass was mental error #2.  The third first half error didn't wind up costing them (the wide open drop on a play that might have gone 50+ yards), but it showed a lack of focus.

I don't know what they'll do going forward, but that film review isn't going to be pretty.

In fairness to McKenzie, he has a very recent history of turning an embarrassing gaffe and subsequent benching into a refocused effort.  We'll see what happens.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

It doesn't need to be OBJ, he is not even an option till probably week 15. There are other guys out there. 

My point still stands. McKenzie is not the answer 

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The OBJ worship on this board is nuts. We have plenty of capable guys. Why not Shakir? Why not yet? Guy has produced plain & simple. OBJ is the massively overrated and not the missing piece. 

Von wasn’t either right? 

im the last one in this board that has been crazy about the OBJ love. I think it’s overrated. But the fact is, McKenzie has not stepped up in the role of replacing Beasley. He would absolutely 100% be benched in favor of Crowder by now if he was healthy too. I love McKenzie. One of the best personalities on this team and is absolutely needed in the locker room imo. But I’d rather keep him to a gadget guy with limited touches. He’s had 2 good games in his career. Maybe 3. Other than that he’s shown he’s not a starter in this league. He’s a #4-6 at best. 

10 hours ago, folz said:

I agree that Shakir should get more playing time (he's going to turn into a stud at some point in his career). And I don't know what McKenzie was doing on the missed TD pass (some weird stutter-step hop/mistiming it)? (To be fair, I have to go back and look again at the pass itself to see if he was trying to adjust to it---if the pass wasn't great...but still feels like it should have been an easy TD.)

But, I think I put the fumble on Allen. To me it looks like the decision on that play was at the mesh point. Either Josh hands it off to Isiah or he keeps it. Josh kept it, so at that point I believe Isiah is either going out to block and/or appear as if he is going into a receiving pattern. But when Josh turned upfield, there were three KC linemen waiting for him. He realizes he made the wrong choice and tries to flip it to McKenzie, who clearly is not expecting it. I don't think it was meant to be a sweeping option play, where Josh is the main runner and Isiah trails, waiting for the ball if Josh gets in trouble. You can see Josh cut upfield immediately, he is not sweeping outside. I could be wrong, but I think in the heat of the moment, Josh just tried to make a play...it wasn't McKenzie screwing up a called play. Tough to tell though when we don't know their full assignments on the play.

And the play that McKenzie got blown up on...well, how can anyone blame him for not hanging onto that ball. Again, Josh kind of hung him out to dry on that play.

So, no doubt, a game that McKenzie will want to forget...but I only really ding him for not reeling in the TD pass. And that happens even to the really good receivers sometimes (Diggs just missed one recently). All this talk of cutting him, etc. is just overreaction. I guarantee you that Isiah will still make some important plays for this team this year.

All respect I think you're wrong. Josh cut up field because the play is intended to make a def player commit, once a commitment is made is when josh either keeps or flips.

There's really no excuse for not being ready when you are the option. Especially nit with an aggressive player like josh.. he acted like this was a random uncalled lateral 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

47 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Did anyone else see McKenzie laughing on the sideline after one of his patented gaffes?  A friend of mine commented that he did, but I missed it.  

Yeah it was after the botched lateral.   Later in the drive they showed him again and he had a concerned look.   He's a screwball.  Part of his charm with teammates is his inappropriateness.   I believe he made a joke about Micah Hyde's neck last week that Micah didn't care for.   Young men like to have a clown like that around but the problem is that his lack of situational awareness carries over to the field. :lol:

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Lil' Dummy is doing a bang up job of keeping would-be blowouts close with drops and turnovers......general physical awkwardness......and dumb decisions that cause Ken Dorsey to smash his hardware.

Sure.........they could be 6-0,  scoring 35 points per game with a better slot receiver and McKenzie on the sideline(like last week against Pittsburgh)..........but his bumbling has helped them learn how to win unnecessarily close games.

Here's to Lil' Dummy...........making easy wins difficult.   Dude is a character builder. :beer:

8frc45.gif

Thank you.

Been saying it all along. He isnt mentally sharp or focused enough to be part of this team.

It always something with this dude.

Josh, Diggs, Davis, Knox are all dialed-in at all times, ready for anything, and hyper focused on doing their jobs. McK is obviously not.

He is a liability, and I do not trust him one bit out on the field with the Super Bowl in the balance. It is 100% Shakir time, and only go to McKenzie if we have no other choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.