Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wonder how much of it is guys just getting some rest and not wanting to risk any further injuries versus actually being inactive for the game Sunday?

Probably more likely than not.  I'm pretty sure Tomlin said they same thing about Fitzpatrick and Heyward not practicing FWIW.

Edited by The Wiz

Interesting how much more upper body "eye candy" the lower depth chart receivers put into it vs. Diggs.  Is that just because "it's practice, I doan gotta" or because Diggs knows he just has to do enough to "sell" the DB and anything more is a waste of energy?

Looks like Robinson will be wearing #81

McKenzie - will you QUIT with the Body catching already?  Although it looks as though the guy throwing for them is aiming for his gut instead of putting the ball up near his helmet, I suppose to avoid any chance of a blow to the head if he muffs it.

Edited by Beck Water

10 minutes ago, eball said:

As there are for every team and every star QB.

Nick Wright just couldnt help himself. All offseason he said he was done with his Allen narrative and that Allen truly terrified him as a QB..... Then 2 days ago he says Allen isnt even in the top 4 for MVP. 😂

He just cant help himself..... He honestly probably realizes now that he was getting more pub when he was bashing Allen weekly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Nick Wright just couldnt help himself. All offseason he said he was done with his Allen narrative and that Allen truly terrified him as a QB..... Then 2 days ago he says Allen isnt even in the top 4 for MVP. 😂

He just cant help himself..... He honestly probably realizes now that he was getting more pub when he was bashing Allen weekly. 

Yes.  Many of the so-called “haters” aren’t really haters at all…they are entertainers putting out content to get clicks, hits, and reactions.

Whether they are actually “entertaining” or not is another matter…

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wonder why McKenzie and his 4.3 speed is never used downfield? Do they just like using him on those crossers?

Fair question.  I seem to recall him having one beautiful deep sideline catch in one of our first 2 games, but I can't find it; the Titans maybe?

I think it's because he's short and has arms proportional to size; he's relatively easy to jam and out-physical during the legal contact yards, and that negates his speed advantage.  So they have to do something to give him a release, and even then, a closing safety can out-arm him.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I love that video because it gave a great view of how jacked Diggs legs are.   He's not the biggest WR (some might even say slight) but his legs are truly impressive.

Would you say...he "looks good in shorts?"

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They still have time before the game to put him on IR to count the week.

They do, but McDermott made the point that the Bills are getting short of bodies for a normal practice. 

So it would seem to their advantage to IR Crowder if he's gonna be out indefinitely, elevate someone off practice squad, and sign a healthy guy to the PS for practice?

Edited by Beck Water

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would you say...he "looks good in shorts?"

They do, but McDermott made the point that the Bills are getting short of bodies for a normal practice. 

So it would seem to their advantage to IR Crowder if he's gonna be out indefinitely, elevate someone off practice squad, and sign a healthy guy to the PS for practice?

Tavon Au---nevermind.... I guess our guy Hodgins is getting elevated this week. With Kumerow and Crowder sidelined he is the option.. unless somehow Gentry has surpassed him...

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not ideal, but I’m guessing (hoping) a few of those are rest days to reduce the wear and tear. The video of Oliver earlier was very encouraging, I think he plays. Same with McKenzie.

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Not ideal, but I’m guessing (hoping) a few of those are rest days to reduce the wear and tear. The video of Oliver earlier was very encouraging, I think he plays. Same with McKenzie.

Oliver has to be ready after 3 weeks, knock on wood. Didn’t Poyer say he was fine too?

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Poyer is just sore ribs.  He will probably play.  Edmunds and Know who knows.  Hammy's are a B word.

As far as Knox,  did he even have a hammy yesterday?  Wasn't he just listed with "foot" on Wed?

If so,  what is up with all these hamstring injuries in practice this season 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

As far as Knox,  did he even have a hammy yesterday?  Wasn't he just listed with "foot" on Wed?

If so,  what is up with all these hamstring injuries in practice this season 🤦‍♂️

Pretty sure it said Hamstring/Foot for Knox yesterday?

I imagine the injured players are in one of three camps:

Those who have a decent chance of actually playing this week, those who the Bills will rest to try to get back for the Chiefs game, and those who likely won't return until after the bye.

Hopefully, Edmunds, Knox, big Ed, and Phillips are in the second category. I'd say Gabe, too, but with the other injuries to the receiving corps, he may be forced to play this week. I assume Tre White and Christian Benford will not be seen until after the bye. I expect McKenzie to clear concussion protocol in time for the game.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.