Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

Mac just might be under some pressure in Beantown. This was originally being reported as a 4-6 week injury, possibly even 6-8 weeks. Now he's out there like a wounded warrior with tape all up and down his legs. Feeling some Zappe heat possibly?

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player-news

image.thumb.png.0de4b601b1f29038bb5f6686d22e8c04.png 

Edited by H2o

On 10/1/2022 at 7:48 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Buffalo Bills fans care about QB Mac Jones being out why? I think it is better Mac Jones plays against the Bills because I know Mac Jones isn’t any good. The unknown would concern me more as a Bills fan. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Because he's the starting QB on a team in our division that we play twice. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:42 PM, Scott7975 said:

Could be.  I didnt see any video.  Just looked at the picture and my vision is always blurry from my eyelids droopy... from the medication I take so lol.  You are probably right.  He still a big baby IMO though.

So that’s what the kids are calling it these days?  “medication”?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am always concerned about Patriot fans and players

Maybe a doctor should look at this then send him to Mexico for a cheap fix

Detour him to an 'Orchids of Asia' on the way back?  Ask for the 'Bob Kraft'? 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am always concerned about Patriot fans and players

Maybe a doctor should look at this then send him to Mexico for a cheap fix

There's a doctor in Miami that he could get to check out his leg.  I'm sure it will then be reported as a bad back. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Mac just might be under some pressure in Beantown. This was originally being reported as a 4-6 week injury, possibly even 6-8 weeks. Now he's out there like a wounded warrior with tape all up and down his legs. Feeling some Zappe heat possibly?

It's a high ankle sprain - he's gonna struggle putting weight on it.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't finish the next game he starts.  The already slow dude is going to be drew bledsoe out there.  

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

It's a high ankle sprain - he's gonna struggle putting weight on it.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't finish the next game he starts.  The already slow dude is going to be drew bledsoe out there.  

That's what I'm talking about. By all accounts it was a severe high ankle sprain. Here he is 2 weeks later all taped up and trying to give it a go. Coincidentally or not, it is also the week after a rookie steps on the field and had a pretty solid showing. 

5 hours ago, H2o said:

If NE truly believes Mac is their franchise QB why would they rush him back on the field as opposed to allowing him to heal?   To salvage a few wins which might not mean anything at the end of the season? 

I think Belichick might be feeling the pressure from Kraft

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Because he's the starting QB on a team in our division that we play twice. 

Exactly. 

People act like it's some sign of weakness if you pay attention to how other teams/players are doing (outside of Fantasy). It's normal, basically just the fan version of scouting.

Side Note: I actually kind of like Mac Jones. Not like rooting for him or thinking he's a great QB, just that he's been showing some personality & passion lately, both of which I appreciate (especially from that typically lifeless organization 😆)

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

there is nothing to do for a sprain but rest. 

unless there is a fracture 

That's not true on a couple counts.

A strain is a tear to muscles.  A severe muscle strain with considerable tearing to the muscle may require surgery

A sprain is a tear to ligaments.  If there's a significant enough tear or rupture to any ligaments, it can require surgery for the best return to function. 

Specifically, a "high ankle sprain" is a sprain to the syndesmosis membrane and tibiofibular ligaments which holds the lower leg bones, tibia and fibula, together, and stabilizes them to the talus.  This is the primary ankle joint responsible for up and down movements (dorsiflexion and plantarflexion) of the foot.

Orthopedists came up with a specific surgery for high ankle sprains, a "Tightrope procedure", that may allow more rapid return to athletic activity:

https://www.footankledc.com/news/what-is-tightrope-surgery/109

Tua has had this on at least one ankle and Zack Moss had it in the 2021 off season after he suffered a high ankle sprain against the Colts.  He was not the same the following season (2021) but reported being recovered this season - but the usual idea is it turns an 8 week recovery into a 4 week or so.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/1/20/22240345/buffalo-bills-injury-analysis-zack-mosss-ankle-surgery

Edited by Beck Water

17 hours ago, JohnNord said:

If NE truly believes Mac is their franchise QB why would they rush him back on the field as opposed to allowing him to heal?   To salvage a few wins which might not mean anything at the end of the season? 

In contrast, Cowboys aren't rushing Dak back because they don't want to sacrifice a few wins by having him be the starting QB again.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 10/5/2022 at 6:53 PM, JohnNord said:

Plus it give them an excuse when they finish 8-9 this year. 

On 10/5/2022 at 7:53 PM, JohnNord said:

Might be a PR attempt (by team and/or agent) to disprove the demonstrable criticism that Mac Jones is a dramatic baby compared to his peers.

20221008_003912.jpg.e1cf8e0d5ede05fd3a2c4796cc2ab43f.jpg

Edited by Richard Noggin
duh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.