Mac Jones leg injury

syhuang

38 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Might be a PR attempt (by team and/or agent) to disprove the demonstrable criticism that Mac Jones is a dramatic baby compared to his peers.

20221008_003912.jpg.e1cf8e0d5ede05fd3a2c4796cc2ab43f.jpg

Have you seen his early 2000s modeling picture? 

5AE5654D-BB67-4245-B143-492F7558C348.jpeg

003DEC93-28A5-4C14-8F2F-E8539576978B.jpeg

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

On 9/25/2022 at 5:44 PM, msw2112 said:

I'm in the don't let Josh run - when it's not necessary - crowd.  And I fully understand that QBs get hit and injured in passing situations and in the pocket.  I'm fine with him running in critical situations in tough games like today's.  There is risk of injury on every snap.  A QB running the ball increases that risk.  If Allen goes down, so does the season.

Maybe we shouldn’t play him at all. 

Eliminate the risk altogether.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:22 PM, The Avenger said:

Terrible. Always terrible to see someone get hurt, particularly an athlete who makes a living with their body. It sucks if I hurt my ankle but I can still do my desk job (I know he still gets paid, but it is his vocation and if it's a serious injury it could impact his career).

well - he’ll get better.

And when the time comes, he’ll be relegated to the bench holding a clipboard as a backup, safe from the rigors of being a starting NFL QB.

Hey, at least he got the opportunity.

10 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

well - he’ll get better.

And when the time comes, he’ll be relegated to the bench holding a clipboard as a backup, safe from the rigors of being a starting NFL QB.

Hey, at least he got the opportunity.

This will be BB chance to relegate him to the bench. It is clear to all he is a low-level NFL starter at best. Bill may use it to get out from under any commitment made to Mac.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, CSBill said:

This will be BB chance to relegate him to the bench. It is clear to all he is a low-level NFL starter at best. Bill may use it to get out from under any commitment made to Mac.

We do know his record of how second string QBs turn out when the starter gets injured.  

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

They're not doing that. Mac Jones has mid-level NFL starter written all over him and as such he is the perfect QB for New England's system. As @PatsFanNH noted (to the chagrin to so many here), BB doesn't want an Allen or a Mahomes because their drive to make plays can result in mistakes. Mac Jones doesn't do anything splashy, but he also doesn't make a lot of mistakes. And as his ability to read coverages pre-snap evolves, he'll make even fewer mistakes. Brady in many ways, at least in NE, was like that. The only thing that Brady ever did to make your jaw drop was come up huge in clutch moments. But he did that by being consistent and making the right reads, not by making spectacular plays due to immense physical gifts like Allen, Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They're not doing that. Mac Jones has mid-level NFL starter written all over him and as such he is the perfect QB for New England's system. As @PatsFanNH noted (to the chagrin to so many here), BB doesn't want an Allen or a Mahomes because their drive to make plays can result in mistakes. Mac Jones doesn't do anything splashy, but he also doesn't make a lot of mistakes. And as his ability to read coverages pre-snap evolves, he'll make even fewer mistakes. Brady in many ways, at least in NE, was like that. The only thing that Brady ever did to make your jaw drop was come up huge in clutch moments. But he did that by being consistent and making the right reads, not by making spectacular plays due to immense physical gifts like Allen, Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. 

Lmao that is so ***** stupid to think BB wouldn’t take mahomes or Allen 

PatsfanNH is wishful thinking 

BB would take those over over noodle arm jones everyday of the week and twice on Sunday’s 

• Agree 5

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

BB would take those over over noodle arm jones everyday of the week and twice on Sunday’s 

He took Mac Jones because he was the only guy left.

Belichick has always gushed about Rodgers like crazy.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yeah, that's why he signed Cam Newton, right?

Ridiculous take.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, that's why he signed Cam Newton, right?

Ridiculous take.

He drafted Ryan mallet 

a cannon arm pocket passer with no ability to read defenses…

49 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yeah, I was probably too extreme in my take but my main point was that BB is not benching Mac Jones for Bailey Zappe. I'll stand by that.

Well that’s probably true but to say he wouldn’t take Allen or mahomes? 

BB definitely is a scheme guy.. but he’s not so dumb to pass up those guys 

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never said Mahomes. I also said back when they were drafted. Allen was a raw talent that needed time to develop.  BB NOW doesn’t have patience let a QB develop. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.