Week 1: Bills at Rams on TNF in NFL Kickoff Game

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I agree that McD and Frazier will have some different wrinkles for them. They know how good McVay is as a play caller and how good their offense is. Should also keep in mind that Stafford will give this secondary some opportunities for turnovers too. Not saying he is a bad or reckless QB at all, but he does take some chances. DBs have to be ready to capitalize on it if given the opportunity. 

McDermott and Frazier are pretty good against many of the genius offensive guys in the NFL. I'd say Reid is probably the only that they consistently struggle against. When given time to prepare, I'd take them over pretty much anyone else. I don't how much magic they can work at that 1 corner spot against Robinson and Kupp, but I think it will be the best you can do. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, billybob71 said:

20 and 0 would be great, and i am gonna enjoy the heck outta watching the Bills this season along with all the other things in life, just remember to keep your positivity if they stumble a bit here and there, its football, rarely perfect (except for NE playoff game). And with all that positive energy you got I expect you won't be on that awful gameday thread if they fall behind early Thursday, proclaiming the sky is falling and the Bills suck

100% correct I won’t be on the game day thread. I stay away from those things like the plague. The knee jerk reactions are ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Malazan said:

McDermott and Frazier are pretty good against many of the genius offensive guys in the NFL. I'd say Reid is probably the only that they consistently struggle against. When given time to prepare, I'd take them over pretty much anyone else. I don't how much magic they can work at that 1 corner spot against Robinson and Kupp, but I think it will be the best you can do. 

Scheming up corner play is mcd’s specialty, fortunately. I’m not saying it will be successful here but wouldn’t be surprised if it is good enough. Rams have their own issues with corner depth and pass rush off the edge, and the Bills have a deeper WR group for them to deal with. I also think the middle of the field with Knox and Mckenzie will be there. Bottom line is that while it’s fair to expect the outside corners to be targeted and take some lumps, it’s also fair to expect this offense to make up for it. And Taron should not be expected to totally shut down Kupp in the slot but certainly should have his share of success against him. 

the rams only beat 2 playoff teams in the regular season last year - AZ (1-1) and Tampa. Great run in the playoffs but not invincible 

Edited by YoloinOhio

20 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Thad Brown. What a dork. Trying to create controversy where none is. Dumb. Poor rookie DBs prefer less exposure! Game #1 as a pro vs. SB champs. They probably prefer a bit less exposure in game #1

Expect 1 big burn + 1 big blown coverage on Thu (ala Hill)

I mean, that was likely going to happen even if Tre was good to go Week 1. This is the NFL, and a passing first league. Cooper Kupp single handedly willed that team to a Super Bowl Championship. We were never going to take him away completely. 

The hope is that Poyer and Hyde keep it managable.

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, that was likely going to happen even if Tre was good to go Week 1. This is the NFL, and a passing first league. Cooper Kupp single handedly willed that team to a Super Bowl Championship. We were never going to take him away completely. 

The hope is that Poyer and Hyde keep it managable.

Poyer, Hyde, and DL

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think a lot will come down to our newly rebuilt defensive line putting pressure on Stafford and forcing him to throw earlier than he wants to.  Having guys like Von and Oliver , not to mention some young and talented guys who can pressure the passer in Settle, Rousseau etc, will be a real difficult task for the Rams offensive line.  Bills might have a similar combo that the Rams had with Von/Donald, in Von/Oliver. Having those two guys coming at you, with a lot of depth across our D-line to keep them fresh will be a task.  I look forward to seeing it.  I think our D-line will be a difference-maker this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I'm going to be honest, while I will look forward to breakdowns, this is the first time in a while where I honestly have no idea which way it will go.

Bluntly, if January 2022 Bills and Rams show up, I am picking the Bills. On paper, the Bills look to be the better team to me. When Allen ran the offense, and even when the second team was in, they looked amazing. The defense backups shut down Matt Ryan.

But there's just so much untested: how does the new DL look with all the parts together? How does the banged up secondary hold up? How does Dorsey look in his first time running the show?

I believe this team is a Super Bowl contender, and I expect them to have things dialed in by the playoffs, but I remember how they looked against the Steelers last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Anyone have a guess or seen an estimate of how many Bills fans will be at the game? 

The Bills mafia will be out in force.  I know people traveling from Buffalo to LA for it as well as the literally 1000's of Bills fan whom also will travel. I think its anybodies guess. Multi thousands is a good guess.

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

The Bills mafia will be out in force.  I know people traveling from Buffalo to LA for it as well as the literally 1000's of Bills fan whom also will travel. I think its anybodies guess. Multi thousands is a good guess.

I remember that 49ers - Rams playoff game last year and Stafford's wife was pleading with Rams fans not to sell their tickets. Sofi was a sea of red. The Bills won't have that much support but Bills Mafia will be there. They will be loud and noticeable.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Anyone have a guess or seen an estimate of how many Bills fans will be at the game? 

I heard on WGR this morning that something like 27% of the ticket sales have been from western NY zip codes.  Add that to all the Bills fans from outside western NY and I would not be surprised if the stadium was 40-50% Bills fans!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I heard on WGR this morning that something like 27% of the ticket sales have been from western NY zip codes.  Add that to all the Bills fans from outside western NY and I would not be surprised if the stadium was 40-50% Bills fans!

You would think Rams fans would want to show up for this game in full force but I guess not. Imagine the Bills win it all this year and then what the home opener would look like in 2023. There would be very few (if any) visiting fans for the raising of the banner game in OP. That would be one very tough ticket as every Bills fan would love to be at that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

You would think Rams fans would want to show up for this game in full force but I guess not. Imagine the Bills win it all this year and then what the home opener would look like in 2023. There would be very few (if any) visiting fans for the raising of the banner game in OP. That would be one very tough ticket as every Bills fan would love to be at that game.

I'm sure all 3 of them will be there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'm sure all 3 of them will be there.

On Sunday the Raiders play the Chargers at Sofi. I bet the crowd will be 70-30 in the Raiders favor. The Chargers have less fans in LA then the Rams do. They should stayed in SD or moved to Vegas with the Raiders going to LA. 

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

On Sunday the Raiders play the Chargers at Sofi. I bet the crowd will be 70-30 in the Raiders favor. The Chargers have less fans in LA then the Rams do. They should stayed in SD or moved to Vegas with the Raiders going to LA. 

I know that San Diego had the issue with the stadium, but they were a great football market. Los Angeles brings a huge population base and corporate dollars, But they don’t deserve either of their NFL franchises. The lack of fan support is appalling. They have two of the top 10 franchises in the league and neither of them gets the local fan support they deserve at all.

54 minutes ago, muppy said:

I saw/heard the comment that 27% of tickets are being bought from NYS zip codes.

That doesn't count people like me, my bro and dad flying in from ATL and all the SoCal transplants.

Should be an amazing turnout.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I saw/heard the comment that 27% of tickets are being bought from NYS zip codes.

That doesn't count people like me, my bro and dad flying in from ATL and all the SoCal transplants.

I used to live in LA and Phoenix.  There will be thousands just from those cities.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I know that San Diego had the issue with the stadium, but they were a great football market. Los Angeles brings a huge population base and corporate dollars, But they don’t deserve either of their NFL franchises. The lack of fan support is appalling. They have two of the top 10 franchises in the league and neither of them gets the local fan support they deserve at all.

oh the stories I could tell. The mass burning of chargers gear to spite alex spanos. The debacle of the Chargers moving to LA  was a pipedream the NFL thought charger fans might just buy into. Guess what...they for the most part have not. **** alex spanos and the la chagaahs we smirk at their colors.

Transplants have taken over the NFL atmosphere here. NFL fan backers clubs galore allll over the city.   I Think the chargers burned bridges with the old time fans and Ive recruited a few to the Bills #Fact

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I understand why the league wants teams in LA ($$$$$) but it really is a terrible NFL market. The only teams LA cares about are the Dodgers and Lakers. Maybe CFB with USC/UCLA but that's it.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to live in LA and Phoenix.  There will be thousands just from those cities.  

San Diego Tucson San Francsisco  Bay area Mount UP!  Oh yes they will it is a Lock.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And me and many, many others from Nor. Cal. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I remember how they looked against the Steelers last year.

Yep, they fooled me last year with that poor start.  I think it was a learning experience, as they were coming off an unexpected AFCC game appearance and probably took things a bit for granted.

I don't believe that happens this year.

All summer long I’ve been rewatching the games from the last couple years.  Ya know, just to get my Bills fix.  And I just keep thinking to myself... can this team really start out as hot as they ended last season?  Is it reasonable to expect 4+ touchdown drives in a row?  

There were a number of times when they just seemed unstoppable. It’s not natural is it?   Im trying not to get my hopes too high for Thursday night.  Its the first game.  They’ll need some time to gel and put it all together.  The Rams are Super Bowl champs, so obviously they’re a great team.   But, then I say, the Bills are returning almost the same team as last season.  If anything, they’ve only improved a few spots.  So why can’t they be unnaturally good? Why can’t they go 19-0?  Why can’t we finally see the best team to ever play in the NFL right here in Buffalo!?  We can do this!!!

My keys to the game on Offense: Dorsey. Can he maintain the offensive production we’ve seen?  On the flip side, you have Donald ready to wreak havoc. Whats the game plan for that?

On Defense: Rookie DBs.  Can they hold down the fort till Tre comes back? On the flip side, you have Kupp. How will they fair against one of the best WRs in the game?

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

All summer long I’ve been rewatching the games from the last couple years.  Ya know, just to get my Bills fix.  And I just keep thinking to myself... can this team really start out as hot as they ended last season?  Is it reasonable to expect 4+ touchdown drives in a row?  

There were a number of times when they just seemed unstoppable. It’s not natural is it?   Im trying not to get my hopes too high for Thursday night.  Its the first game.  They’ll need some time to gel and put it all together.  The Rams are Super Bowl champs, so obviously they’re a great team.   But, then I say, the Bills are returning almost the same team as last season.  If anything, they’ve only improved a few spots.  So why can’t they be unnaturally good? Why can’t they go 19-0?  Why can’t we finally see the best team to ever play in the NFL right here in Buffalo!?  We can do this!!!

My keys to the game on Offense: Dorsey. Can he maintain the offensive production we’ve seen?  On the flip side, you have Donald ready to wreak havoc. Whats the game plan for that?

On Defense: Rookie DBs.  Can they hold down the fort till Tre comes back? On the flip side, you have Kupp. How will they fair against one of the best WRs in the game?

Dan, after thinking about things completely irrationally and looking through a Bills-tinted lens, I have come to the conclusion that the 2022 Bills may go down as one of the best teams in NFL history.  I'm only half-kidding.  I believe the Bills have the best offense in football and they might also have the best defense.  It's a shame Tre White won't be ready for four or more games, but I don't think that's going to slow them down.

This is going to be one heluva fun year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Dan, after thinking about things completely irrationally and looking through a Bills-tinted lens, I have come to the conclusion that the 2022 Bills may go down as one of the best teams in NFL history.  I'm only half-kidding.  I believe the Bills have the best offense in football and they might also have the best defense.  It's a shame Tre White won't be ready for four or more games, but I don't think that's going to slow them down.

This is going to be one heluva fun year.

Everything is set and aligned. If our young DB's can step up and hold down the fort until Tre returns than this should be a special season. Every other positional group is ready.

• Like (+1) 1