Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Oh I missed the NFL part.  Not sure why that fact would be surprising or tweet-worthy at all.

On the downside, I do now have an image of Donald Trump as our next punter.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloBud17 said:

Glad to see he is getting cut. Still concerned why he was even on the team to begin with but at least we are not Cleveland.

Let's not get high and mighty with this. As many fans have said and indicated over the last few days, it's easy to cut him as he's "just a punter".

Just now, Draconator said:

If the Bills were a baseball team, he would steal signs

He might actually be less controversial than our current (soon to be ex?) punter, which is pretty remarkable.

5 minutes ago, phypon said:

This is the link that I'm on:  https://www.wivb.com/watch-news-4-now/. Looks like it should be played directly there.  There is also this, you can open in a separate tab just in case: https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/sean-mcdermott-to-speak-saturday-afternoon/

Thanks Bro!  They're playing McDermott's yesterday's press conference after the game right now, is that what you get....

As thanks I give you this lovely picture of reporters waiting in front of an empty podium....

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

He might actually be less controversial than our current (soon to be ex?) punter, which is pretty remarkable.

Eh, that's a stretch. The Araiza situation will settle once he's out of the news. The other guy?

Just now, Beck Water said:

Thanks Bro!  They're playing McDermott's yesterday's press conference after the game right now, is that what you get....

As thanks I give you this lovely picture of reporters waiting in front of an empty podium....

Yup, they just showed a clip of last night.  I did see them mention the presser for tonight and showed the "press back board" seeming like they are getting setup for tonight's presser.  So, I'm assuming it will be soon.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm not aware of her ever breaking any news.

Neither, but someone else (Graham?) reported that Araiza's nameplate and number weren't seen in the visitor's locker room after yesterday's game, that he came to the stadium in plain workout clothes vs. Bills themed sweats, and Wawow just reported that the Bills store is no longer selling his jersey.

I think all signs point to "Bills are distancing themselves from Araiza, cut is only a matter of 'when'? "

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

If anyone of us were accused of this, we would be put on leave the next day until we proved our innocence. The perception is just cause they are professional athletes they are above that.

Accused is the key word … Not arrested or convicted

I absolutely am against abuse of women… But in this country you’re innocent until proven guilty not vice versa

It is a slippery slope to start treating accused people as guilty 

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Accused is the key word … Not arrested or convicted

I absolutely am against abuse of women… But in this country you’re innocent until proven guilty not vice versa

It is a slippery slope to start treating accused people as guilty 

I'm trying to think how the Bills could have handed the situation better without cutting him. Suspending him immediately from playing and placing him on the practice squad would have been a good start.

This whole situation is so gross.  I have to stay off Twitter rn because the amount of high profile Bills fans cheering the fact we are likely cutting this punter over an allegation really feels disgusting.  

I understand what he’s accused of, and if true, he deserves all of this, but man… we are such a hateful society sometimes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

This whole situation is so gross.  I have to stay off the Twitter rn because the amount of high profile Bills fans cheering the fact we are likely cutting this punter over an allegation really feels disgusting.  

I understand what he’s accused of, and if true, he deserves all of this, but man… we are such a hateful society sometimes. 

Individuals don't matter now. If they benefit the team then they're in. In they don't then they don't deserve a second thought.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, phypon said:

I've had this link running in the background forever now.  I've heard the weather so many times.  If you want to know the weather tomorrow, just ask.  

I’ll bite. I live 2,600 miles from Buffalo now. How’s the humidity?

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Individuals don't matter now. If they benefit the team then they're in. In they don't then they don't deserve a second thought.

One can have a nuanced view of this and understand it’s the right move for the team, but also a really awful situation that has devastated two peoples lives now.  

One of them most definitely did not deserve it.. and the other, we have no idea if they do or not, yet people are metaphorically popping bottles after leading the online charge to destroy this man’s life by declaring him guilty in the court of public opinion. 

I get it from a Bills perspective.  On a human level, it’s all awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1