Dawson Knox - Beyond Blue & Red

YoloinOhio

Love learning more about these guys backgrounds.  It really shows the type of characteristics Beane and McDermott search for in the players they bring in.  Learning more about these guys as human beings and what their backgrounds are just makes me want to see them win a championship that much more

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I love how loving and real he is. Ain't a single bit of BS in Dawson Knox when it comes to his family. That's what I learned from the video. Great genes eh Holy cow

AND of course rumor  has it ahem*  I think he is drop dead GORGEOUS as a man. He keeps his private life private. I respect it. I have faith he isnt lacking for female attention if he wants it he can have it LOL

***swoooooon**** my 2bd crush lmaoooo

@ColoradoBills

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Dawson is not going anywhere if Josh has a say and all indicators point to him having a huge say so……

They will have OJ Howard's 3.5m earmarked for Knox next season.  I won't be surprised if he is extended sometime in season. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

No doubt in my mind he is re-signed and stays here a long time.

It'll be one of those deals that looks like we paid a ton, maybe even top 5 for TE's when he signs. In actuality, it's a fair deal for both sides that gets Knox paid well and still gives the team flexibility down the road. He's going to get better and better, fits in perfectly with the team/community, plays a key position, and appears to be very close with Allen. He's not going anywhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

His mom can hardly contain her love for him, she’s so sweet and his dad is super low key proud of his son. I’ve seen that behaviour from my own dad, he loves just being in the same room as his son and it shows in his body language.

• Like (+1) 3

Liked Dawson Knox since day 1. The steamroller play against Cincinnati solidified my initial hunch about the guy.

Those men had families!

The high point catch against KC just cemented it. One of my 5 favorite current Bills.

He is just going to keep getting better like a good wine. We got him as a bottle of Welches grape juice but will age like a Romanée-Conti (1945)

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I find it interesting that Athletes do so much community work.

Is there another profession where you have to constantly prove you're part of that community? and that you're a good person?

They call it "volunteer work" for a reason. 

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

But why do we expect Athletes to volunteer?

I'm racking my brain to think of any other job where I EXPECT them to be helping the community in some way.

Who is expecting them to volunteer?  They aren't contractually obligated to spend their free time to go and help people.  Neither am I but I volunteer.  It's probably a little easier for someone making millions of dollars a year to find a few hours in a day to volunteer than a single mom/dad, working 2 jobs to get by.

Your expectations for them to volunteer are your own.  My guess is about 15% of NFL players actually volunteer regularly and the rest do a "I volunteer" day and sign a big check.

I don’t think Knox is going anywhere.  Next year he’ll be up even before Gabe because if you look around the league and the draft, TE’s are much harder to find and less expensive than WR’s.  

Im not saying we won’t extend Davis, and Beane with cash over cap can keep restructuring and use signing bonus conversions to make it work as I’m sure they have a very good idea what the cap will move to with these new TV and Amazon contracts and the explosion of $.

They can always take the 5th year on Oliver in two years.  The sour pill is Poyer our only 1st team all pro, up next year.  My guess is we’ll try to do a 2 year extension, but if he balls we’ll lose a really valuable asset.  I’m guessing in two years we’ll also let Hyde go.  Expect draft picks the next two years for safeties.

On 6/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, unbillievable said:

Is there another profession where you have to constantly prove you're part of that community? and that you're a good person?

I think the stark reality is that most star athletes would acknowledge that they did not get where they are without the support of family, coaches and, in some cases, teammates.  If you really feel that way you should want to actively give back.  We all should feel that way as we are all blessed in some way by someone.  I hope we helped Dawson to win the TEU fund raising contest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, unbillievable said:

Every community is filled with good people who volunteer their time to benefit others. Whether it is youth coaches, Adopt-a-Highway crews, Big Brother/Big Sister volunteers, church groups, or (the list is endless) others, good people volunteering are all around us. Here's the deal, volunteers don't make a lot of noise, they just give of themselves. Or, to use TBD vernacularly, they generally don't make splash plays. 

1 hour ago, RochesterLifer said:

Every community is filled with good people who volunteer their time to benefit others. Whether it is youth coaches, Adopt-a-Highway crews, Big Brother/Big Sister volunteers, church groups, or (the list is endless) others, good people volunteering are all around us. Here's the deal, volunteers don't make a lot of noise, they just give of themselves. Or, to use TBD vernacularly, they generally don't make splash plays. 

So they are the "Tremaine Edmunds of our community" is what you're saying, right? 😆

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.