JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

I think Singletary and McKissic split reps with Singletary doing most of the running between the tackles.

Considering Moss was a healthy scratch at times last year, he should be sweating. I could see the Bills bringing in a late round RB to compete with him and he could lose his job. Probably a burner/KR/PR.

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Brieda couldn’t pass protect and wasn’t as good of a runner, no comparison…

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

it also always felt like he was a fumble waiting to happen.

And he lined up in wrong positions. 

FOCUS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting. I know nothing about him but stats are hardly inspiring.

And any signing like this makes signing of impactful DE less likely. 

I'll tell you what I think when FA ends :)

Me likey. And the stats aren't bad at all.

2020 85 carries for 365 yards, 4.3 YPC, plus 80 receptions for 589 yards. That's 954 yards from scrimmage. 3 TDs

2021 (11 games) 48 carries for 212 yards, 4.4 YPC, plus 43 receptions for 397 yards. That's 609 yards from scrimmage in 11 games. 4 TDs.

This guy is a really good 3rd down back type.

• Like (+1) 3

Someone on Twitter, I think it was YardsPerPas, said it best: 

The Bills have decided that instead of running you out of two-high, they're going to checkdown you to death.

We started to see this more and more as last season progressed, starting in the second Patriots game. Josh got really good at hitting Singletary underneath when teams were dropping everyone into coverage -- which is something he previously was NOT very good at. He finally figured it, our had it drilled into him by the coaches, or whatever, and it changed everything. 

Now, instead of Singletary -- who I love, but who is not a receiving threat that strikes fear into opposing defenses -- catching those checkdowns, it will be a guy who is really productive with his opportunities. A guy who actually DOES strike fear into opposing defenses, at least as it relates to converting 3rd and short-to-medium and moving the chains.

I also think that he will instantly be the best pass blocking running back on the roster. The extra second that a good pass blocking running back can buy a QB can often be the difference between a sack and a big play through the air.

I STILL don't love the money, but I do like the player and the idea behind signing him.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But this is why we don’t win Super Bowls. You need high end talent at all positions. Breece Hall is faster and equally catches passes as well as McKissic. I don’t want to just get better, I want to dominate. That’s what it takes to win Super Bowls. 

High end talent at all positions? You're cracked. That's not the modern NFL works. You find talented draft picks and integrate them with a couple top FAs or targeted FAs which fill the holes you have. You can't possibly have a "high end talent at all positions" kind of a team- it's impossible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, todd said:

One thing I’ve noticed is that certain people are not happy unless they are unhappy. So much whining about a RB signing because they think they know more that the guy who was voted 2020 NFL Executive of the Year by his peers. 

stupid.

I think many that are not happy simply wanted a C Patterson, Fournette, trade for C McAff, etc. This is more a depth move that could be good or be a Breida/Yeldon repeat. We will see next year. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get why folks are excited, and he seems to be an upgrade over Breida. But how much of those big receiving numbers comes from WFT sucking, and them checking it down a lot?

Possibly alot if it, but it proves he is a very good receiving back and will be a nice outlet for Josh and another possible weapon.

Edited by billrooter
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Always liked JD McKenzie coming out of college. Fast and great field vision.

Now that’s creative and funny. Nice twist on what will now be the continuation of a great and long running joke.

The Bills were never in the market for Saquan Barkley.  This is the kind of signing that Beane typically uses to fill out the roster in preparation for the draft.  McKissic has ordinary measurables.  He's a little lighter and a little faster than Moss or Singletary, not nearly as fast as Brieda was, but that didn't help Brieda be greatly productive.  McKissic was pretty productive for two seasons with Washington.  Prior to that he was pretty ordinary.  Though somewhat undersized, he's fairly well rounded.  Yes, he's a proficient pass catcher, but he also knows how to run and he's not a liability in pass blocking.   He's not going to be a star, but he could be productive.  Overall, it's a pretty solid signing.

28 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But this is why we don’t win Super Bowls. You need high end talent at all positions. Breece Hall is faster and equally catches passes as well as McKissic. I don’t want to just get better, I want to dominate. That’s what it takes to win Super Bowls. 

How do you know Breece Hall would oh never mind 

• Like (+1) 1