Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

I think people need to understand the version of Gronk we are pursuing. As he has gotten older one of two things happened, maybe even both. He has matured or he understands his previous persona doesn't age well. If you listen to interviews last year this was a much more refined Gronk. I would also have to think Tre and other Bills would be supportive of the move if the front office is. It's not like we have a history of spending on poor teammates.

As Bills fans we don't like him for a lot of reasons, that said does he help us win? Yes. Will he be a distraction/juvenile type player we have seen in the past? No.

Get it done  

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A hell of a lot better than Sweeney and Kyle Rudolph. 😅

I understand, but all we really need is a competent back-up Tight End.

Also, we have other positions that require more attention. We should spend what little money we have on those areas.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The answer is of course no… fans would no give a ***** what Gronk did in the past if he caught a game winning pass to win the SB for the Bills

The other guy would be sulking in the corner rocking back and forth saying this doesn’t feel right. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I think people need to understand the version of Gronk we are pursuing. As he has gotten older one of two things happened, maybe even both. He has matured or he understands his previous persona doesn't age well. If you listen to interviews last year this was a much more refined Gronk. I would also have to think Tre and other Bills would be supportive of the move if the front office is. It's not like we have a history of spending on poor teammates.

As Bills fans we don't like him for a lot of reasons, that said does he help us win? Yes. Will he be a distraction/juvenile type player we have seen in the past? No.

Get it done  

I dont necessarily agree with all you wrote but at least it offered some insight that adds to the discussion. I think  moving forward Gronk is inclined to do what will not hinder any future endorsements or acting/media/ Hollywood type opportunities that may come down his pike. I wonder if he even wants to still play football ...*shrugs** 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Devilmann said:

So if the Bills win the Super Bowl next year and he has a good deal to do with it would you be mad at it still?

Yes, ***** him.  I hate the idea of him being part of us getting over the hump.  Same as I never wanted Brady or Hoodie here 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

As many have said, it doesn’t matter what we think it only matters what the decision makers and Tre think. Gronk would be dumb to pass up the opportunity here if offered … oh wait 

He is not as dumb as you think.  He is not posting posters who do not want here will make a 180 degree turn if he is signed.  There is dumb and there is stupid.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes.  But depends on price, we got a lot of other holes and TE isn't one of them.

There is a hole in as TE but it is not big enough for his ego.

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand, but all we really need is a competent back-up Tight End.

Also, we have other positions that require more attention. We should spend what little money we have on those areas.

how many games has he missed in the last few seasons due to injury??

3 hours ago, mannc said:

So the guy who put up 806 receiving yards in 12 games last year (at 15 YPC) is going to back up Dawson Knox?  Don't think so...  

In an offense that had no other options. Godwin, AB both out. In the Bills offense Gronkowski is 4th option at best 

• Haha (+1) 2

He'd be a great signing.  He's a proven winner which would instill even more confidence in the team, he is a phenomenal blocker which would help out the run game, he is still a very productive receiver and having him and Knox in our 12 personnel formations would give lots of protection to Josh, improve the run game and give us a phenomenal play action ability.   Even with our 1 TE formations, they could rotate and keep each other fresh.

Sign me up all day.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.