Brian Daboll hired to be Head Coach of NY Giants

Draconator

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If you need to make every time McD did something that didn’t work an indictment against him, feel free. I’m simply pointing out that, contrary to your claim, there were times he did help the offense by successfully going for it on and converting 4th downs. 

It doesn’t count when he’s inconsistent and shrivels back into his shell. One more score wins that game and him and Daboll still didn’t trust Allen to win it for them. It’s not the first time they played scared until they had no other choice to let him go.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy is a real source. please no

Unpopular opinion but this is the best outcome IMO. We will be forced to hire an external candidate with play calling experience. Allen badly wanted Dorsey so we probably would have hired him if he hadn't already agreed to go with Daboll. Dorsey can get his feet wet somewhere else. This offense is championship caliber now and it deserves a championship caliber OC.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

Unpopular opinion but this is the best outcome IMO. We will be forced to hire an external candidate with play calling experience. Allen badly wanted Dorsey so we probably would have hired him if he hadn't already agreed to go with Daboll. Dorsey can get his feet wet somewhere else. This offense is championship caliber now and it deserves a championship caliber OC.

Like who though?

Sure, till that external candidate is Matt Nagy.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No way Dorsey isn’t our next OC.  He’s ready to take the reigns 

I’m a Dorsey fan no doubt…. But what does McD do to ensure an inexperienced OC has someone for him to lean on. McD is a defensive guy. 

Dorsey is on an island which is kind of scary. Who should McD bring in to be QB coach and a person to help Dorsey?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Like who though?

My fantasy hire is Doug Pederson. He coached a Super Bowl offense led by Wentz and Foles. He would be a perfect fit to take a Josh Allen led offense to the next level. It makes sense for him too because this OC job is a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

My fantasy hire is Doug Pedersen. He coached a Super Bowl offense led by Wentz and Foles. He would be a perfect fit to take a Josh Allen led offense to the next level. It makes sense for him too because this OC job is a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

Thumbs up. I would like that hire too esp if Dorsey leaves. 

• Like (+1) 1

My fantasy hire is Doug Pedersen. He coached a Super Bowl offense led by Wentz and Foles. He would be a perfect fit to take a Josh Allen led offense to the next level. It makes sense for him too because this OC job is a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

1) rumor has it he and Wentz got in a pissing contest.  I'm not absolving Wentz, but if you're a professional and a football coach, you work it out off the field

2) the Eagles D just plummetted when Pedersen took over as OC/HC

IOW....NOT a fan

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Funny that people are glad to see Daboll go. I have got to think behind Marchibroda, he was the best OC in the history of the franchise. 

We let Phil Jackson walk out the door just now and are happy keeping Doug fkn Collins.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Funny that people are glad to see Daboll go. I have got to think behind Marchibroda, he was the best OC in the history of the franchise. 

I'd say the Giants made a better hire with Daboll than the Broncos did with Nate friggin' Hackett.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

But he is an absolute nightmare of a personality. Not sure I see the mesh with Josh. Carson Wentz hated him. And I mean hated him. Now maybe that is cos he told Carson he was trash (he is) but Allen has had this big brother type relationship with Daboll. 

I wouldn't bring Pederson into my organisation. I think the guy is a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

Dorsey going with Daboll.

Very smart of him.

He see’s the writing on the wall with McClappy.

Again, huge failure on Brandon Beane for letting Daboll leave the room.

Sad!

What are you talking about? Beane had no choice but to let daboll get a HC job and McDermott is going nowhere, stupid 13 seconds or not.

I don’t know who’s out there BUT anybody would die to be OC for Josh Allen. Daboll was mediocre at best before Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Would love this as well, can’t see McDermott hiring him though. 

I honestly don't know how McDermott would feel about him. He isn't afraid to hire former HCs as we found out when he hired Leslie Frazier. He has ties to Philly and might have respect for Pederson, or maybe he's heard enough horror stories about his time there to be wary. All I know is that Pederson was able to orchestrate a championship offense. That's good enough for me.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My fantasy hire is Doug Pederson. He coached a Super Bowl offense led by Wentz and Foles. He would be a perfect fit to take a Josh Allen led offense to the next level. It makes sense for him too because this OC job is a stepping stone to a head coaching position.

Wasn't Frank Reich the OC when the Eagles won the Superbowl?      Doug Pederson didn't do so hot after Frank left and got canned pretty quickly

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think everyone has this fear. I still don’t think the guy gets how ***** good Josh is and how the offense should revolve around him in every aspect…. Those two stalled drives against KC are a perfect example. 

And Mcdermott made those 2 run calls back to back?

I honestly don't know how McDermott would feel about him. He isn't afraid to hire former HCs as we found out when he hired Leslie Frazier. He has ties to Philly and might have respect for Pederson, or maybe he's heard enough horror stories about his time there to be wary. All I know is that Pederson was able to orchestrate a championship offense. That's good enough for me.

There is the Andy Reid connection obviously. But spending 5 years building a culture and then hiring Doug Pederson is like spending 5 years building a wooden house then spilling petrol and lighting a match.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But he is an absolute nightmare of a personality. Not sure I see the mesh with Josh. Carson Wentz hated him. And I mean hated him. Now maybe that is cos he told Carson he was trash (he is) but Allen has had this big brother type relationship with Daboll. 

I wouldn't bring Pederson into my organisation. I think the guy is a problem. 

Daboll was rough with Allen his first year here. Allen talks about it all the time. He'd be fine. It's not like Pederson needs to clean up Allen, just take over a championship caliber offense and don't screw it up. Maybe his personality isn't good for a head coach, but a lot of great coordinators don't make good head coaches. And he still has that Super Bowl ring to show for it.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Good luck Brian you are going from a QB who may just be the best player in football to arguably the worst quarterback in his division.  
Depends on your opinion of Tyler Heineke who honestly has better games then anything Jones has had in his career.

i see it as a 2017 Bills situation. Daboll will draft his guy the following year if Jones doesn’t take a massive leap.

Daboll was rough with Allen his first year here. Allen talks about it all the time. He'd be fine. It's not like Pederson needs to clean up Allen, just take over a championship caliber offense and don't screw it up. Maybe his personality isn't good for a head coach, but a lot of great coordinators don't make good head coaches. And he still has that Super Bowl ring to show for it.

I think he can call plays. But personally from the stories I have heard, I wouldn't hire him to wipe down the gym much less interact with players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.