Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

How many first and 2nd rd picks have they invested in the defense and yet it’s still where it is at. 

go get a jamar chase, or tyreek hill or a  Justin Jefferson or a Travis Kelce. 

I doubt any of them are available.

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

The difference between winning and losing is already just a small margin. Tonight was a case of minute margins. So... just improve

As usual, some players will leave, salary cap issues, some will slightly diminish because of age, some will regress, some improve, new draftees...

So the Bills can still improve, no doubt, and maybe just enough to get over those damn Chiefs.

But that's why you need to win games like TODAY, and why it hurts so much. With the Bengals instead of Tennesse, GB, Bucs... this year really did seem like THE year. Chiefs were the main hurdle, as expected in the offseason... and they remained so.

No. tonight was a case of a freaking squib kick and dropping 2 lineman into coverage. Bad coaching. 

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m going to build around my cornerstone, Josh Allen, and make sure he’s got the weapons to make us the best offense in the league. Then I’ll worry about my defense.

People act like this defense will be all trash players if we spend this off-season making Allen’s OL and Weaponry elite..

McDermott will still have Oliver, Star, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Edmunds, Milano, White, Jackson, Poyer, Hyde…. Bro, figure it out.  

What gonna happen if we focus on Offense this off-season?.. the Defense gonna give up 42 to KC and let them get a FG from their own 25 with 13 seconds left to tie a game?

How many first and 2nd rd picks have they invested in the defense and yet it’s still where it is at. 

go get a jamar chase, or tyreek hill or a  Justin Jefferson or a Travis Kelce. 

Agreed. I’m absolutely disgusted with how much we have spent on defense with nothing to show for it. Hyde and Poyer were both FA acquisitions. The only thing on defense we draft really well is CB. Go get Allen more weapons and protection and draft another CB (seeming how we are good with that). 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe its because I live in Steeler country and have seen championships.   But seems to me, Steelers won with D, not like they had some unstoppable offense.   Or the Giants won with their front 4 applying pressure against the goat with Randy Moss.  Patriots D would handle Manning and the high flying Colts offense more often than not.   Or the Ravens with Dilfer, or Manning with the Bronco's D, the legion of boom in Seattle, etc.   The front 5 on D(including Edmunds) are the liability that needs fixed.  They are the ones keeping us from the promised land.

22 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What part of we don’t draft DEs and DTs well don’t you understand? It’s a complete waste of time and money. We beat the Chiefs with White, we can win with another great CB to help White. 

Doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade defensive line in FA. Speed is needed at all levels to keep up with this track team at KC. Bills gave up close to 200 yds on ground again and issues starts up front.

Edited by billieve420
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

I think we need to get another #2 CB, wallace was getting eaten alive today. Chiefs have a great offense and some of the fasters players in the league so I cant say I blame him. We really missed Tre out there today. 

Allen though... we are so lucky to have him. 

The Chiefs eat every team alive when they’re on.  Wallace is ok.  But if I’m Beane I’m looking for more suddenness/quick twitch at CB and at Pass rusher and WR.  Rousseau and Epenesa are too similar athletically.   That’s cool for most games but a dude like Mahomes?  We need a Von Miller type.  Addison is gone.  Jerry might be gone.  

Bease and Sanders are probably gone.  Bring McKenzie back as a chess piece.  Get another WR in FA or draft who can haul ass.  Develop Stevenson so he can contribute on O and returner because he has that speed.  Allen is that dude.  Keep his options numerous.  

Look to trade Star if possible, Bease too, rather than cutting them.  Use extra picks to move around draft board.

It’s time to push all the chips in.  Bills can get that trophy is Beane makes the right moves this off-season.    

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade defensive line in FA. Speed is needed at all levels to keep up with this track team at KC. Bills gave up close to 200 yds on ground again and issues starts up front.

We have tried and a bunch of FA d-linemen are tying up a bunch of our cap space. Addison was a FA pickup, Star was a FA pickup, and yet nothing. We suck, and I don’t trust our d-line valuations, either in FA or the draft. 

Just now, purple haze said:

The Chiefs eat every team alive when they’re on.  Wallace is ok.  But if I’m Beane I’m looking for more suddenness/quick twitch at CB and at Pass rusher and WR.  Rousseau and Epenesa are too similar athletically.   That’s cool for most games but a dude like Mahomes?  We need a Von Miller type.  Addison is gone.  Jerry might be gone.  

Bease and Sanders are probably gone.  Bring McKenzie back as a chess piece.  Get another WR in FA or draft who can haul ass.  Develop Stevenson so he can contribute on O and returner because he has that speed.  Allen is that dude.  Keep his options numerous.  

Look to trade Star if possible, Bease too, rather than cutting them.  Use extra picks to move around draft board.

It’s time to push all the chips in.  Bills can get that trophy is Beane makes the right moves this off-season.    

We beat the Chiefs with White. The key to beating Mahomes is locking everyone down, eventually even a bad front will get to Mahomes. Get us another CB to go with White and we beat the Chiefs tonight. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We beat the Chiefs with White. The key to beating Mahomes is locking everyone down, eventually even a bad front will get to Mahomes. Get us another CB to go with White and we beat the Chiefs tonight. 

OK, but they might have beaten us in regulation had they not been suffering with injuries at secondary.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Possible.  I’m talking the athletic profile.  Get a CB with elite movement skills and speed.  Draft like we’re playing more man to man than zone.

• Agree 1

Were losing Hughes, Addison, Butler, Philips is a FA, Zimmer isnt signed.  Epenesa is practice squad material.  Beane needs to use trades and draft picks to upgrade the DL.  If AJ, Boogie are backups fine, theyre on cheap rookie contracts.  If you expect a different end to the season next year with a starting front 4 of Rousseau, Star, Oliver and Boogie/AJ, well good luck with that.

this d sucks.  its constructed poorly with a raft of guys who can't get to the qb against good offensive lines. frazier mcdermott beane and his staff are to blame for this defense.  the ratings are bs because of all the crappy teams they played.  its now time to clean house starting with frazier and reconstruct a d capable of getting good teams off the field.  this isn't a one off thing.  for the last 3 seasons we can't get off the field.  they are the reason we lost to the patriots, titans, chiefs, etc.  they can't stop getting gashed.  don't get to the qb.  the way frazier runs his d doesn't work.  its time to go a different direction dc wise and personnel wise.  

2 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I dont get this give up because we havent found any.     You keep doing it until you find the answer.   The O is fine.   The D needs improved.

We have to find better replacements for Beasley and Sanders at some point, we have to take more weapons and protection for Josh. He cannot run around forever without bringing about serious injury. This whole draft needs to be o-linemen and o weapons. 

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well our front office doesn’t even try. When was the last time we drafted a high 1st round pick on a WR or RB? And when we did, we sucked at it. 

We traded for Diggs.  You think Hill, Kelce  Jefferson are actually available in a trade?

8 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Justin Jefferson was drafted with the pick in the Diggs trade. 

Draft a WR in rd 1. 

go get 4.3 40 Jameson Williams from Alabama. 

He listed specific players to get. They aren't available.

Edited by klos63

7 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

I dont get this give up because we havent found any.     You keep doing it until you find the answer.   The O is fine.   The D needs improved.

NO D has been able to stop KC.

unless you run into a perfect storm when they played TB in the SB and KC lost all their lineman and Mahomes couldn't run because of a bum foot. 

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We traded for Diggs.  You think Hill, Kelce  Jefferson are actually available in a trade?

He listed specific players to get. They aren't available.

I know i listed them, go get your version of them.

Draft offensive talent.

The only 1st rd pick on offense is Josh Allen.

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

NO D has been able to stop KC.

unless you run into a perfect storm when they played TB in the SB and KC lost all their lineman and Mahomes couldn't run because of a bum foot. 

I know i listed them, go get your version of them.

Draft offensive talent.

The only 1st rd pick on offense is Josh Allen.

after last night, you're going to focus on the offense?  Might want to watch the 4th qtr and OT again.

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

after last night, you're going to focus on the offense?  Might want to watch the 4th qtr and OT again.

The difference between the Bills and Chiefs is Tyreek Hill.

The Chiefs defense was historically bad this year, and yet they are in their 4th straight Championship game. 

Build the offense to make other teams one dimensional.

Greatest show on Turf, Bruce and Holt, and Faulk

Wayne and Harrison and James

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They desperately need a better CB. They really do.

disagree, their all pro CB got hurt.

Wallace and Jackson are fine.

The difference between the Bills and Chiefs is Tyreek Hill.

The Chiefs defense was historically bad this year, and yet they are in their 4th straight Championship game. 

Build the offense to make other teams one dimensional.

Greatest show on Turf, Bruce and Holt, and Faulk

Wayne and Harrison and James

disagree, their all pro CB got hurt.

Wallace and Jackson are fine.

Levi Wallace is not that good, and while I like him as depth, he was awful last night. They need an upgrade if they want to beat KC. This is two years in a row in which KC flayed our secondary despite struggling vs. teams like Denver.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Gonna be real hard to sell us on “we need more defense” after McBeane went out and spent our last 3 premium picks on pass rushers, paid Milano, picked up Edmunds 5th year and extended Poyer. 

Enough.  

Give Allen an elite OL and weapons.  

If Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham, Oliver, Edmunds, Milano, White, Johnson, Poyer and Hyde isn’t enough talent for them to fill in around next year then we have bigger problems. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Levi is gone (he will get an offer on the market that we will not want to match).  Dane plays off ball next year.  Draft/find a corner. 

Star, Feliciano or Morse (only one; Morse may retire, Feliciano goes if Morse stays), and Klein probably are cap casualties.  Darryl Williams may be on his way out for cap reasons.  Addison and Hughes are gone.  Beasley probably is out of here (although I’m not totally in favor of that.)  Harry gets Star’s money.  Matakevich may go, too, if they want to pinch pennies to make a luxury acquisition. 

Find a game wrecker somewhere.  Anywhere.  Clear the space and either buy or trade for one.  We played safe last night because Daboll wasn’t going to let Chris Jones ruin this game. 

Draft speed.  And someone who we trust to return punts.  But mostly draft a ton of speed, find a backup TE, and take a flyer somewhere on a raw but athletic pass rushing prospect.  

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Steelers stopped them on 5 drives to start the game. That's a blowout win with our offense. They did it with elite pass rush. That's what we need to bridge the gap.

Ding ding we have a winner.  We swung last year in the draft and maybe hit a single.  Time to take another whack at it.  Clear cap space and buy or trade for one. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.