Josh Allen Career Playoff Stats

ArtVandalay

Is it correct to say that Josh only needs wins over Arizona, Philadelphia and Green Bay to have a win  against every franchise (except the Bills)?

That would be a cool achievement. Then we can start counting his playoff scalps. So far.... Indianapolis, Baltimore and New England. Chiefs would be a nice addition to this group.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Love the narrative that he hasn't won a playoff game on the road.  Gotta find a negative to soothe your soul. 

And they say Bills fans cherry pick stats.  As if loss #1 wasn't his first career playoff game in an overachieving year and lost to refball in overtime, and loss #2 wasn't the freaking conference championship where you are playing the best of the best.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Love the narrative that he hasn't won a playoff game on the road.  Gotta find a negative to soothe your soul. 

Except it's not a..."narrative," which is really not the word you want at all.

It's a fact.

Hopefully it changes after Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

They weren't ready for Houston...argument can be made they weren't ready last year either...add in injuries and you get the loss.

This year they're healthy and have hit a healthy stride of balance between running and passing...Knox has come on...Motor's rolling...I'm feeling pretty damn excited for tomorrow

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

looks like KC will play the Bills at arrowhead again next season too.....shaping up to be be a long term, frequent meeting rivalry

I’ll be there next year!  

hopefully it’s not a night game like this is year.  Was so disappointed to hit up P&L after the beating this year only to find it closed.  Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be there next year!  

hopefully it’s not a night game like this is year.  Was so disappointed to hit up P&L after the beating this year only to find it closed.  Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I would almost count on it being a Sunday or Monday night game. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

As of 1/22/22, before the Chiefs. 

5 games

3-2 Record

1,389 Pass Yards, 278 YPG

303 Rush Yards, 61 YPG

1 catch, 16 Yards

1,708 Tot Yd, 342 YPG

10 TD (5.2%), 1 INT (0.5%) Passing

2 TD Rush/Rec

12 Total TD, 1 INT

64% Comp

100.9 Rating

Yeah, well, wait until Josh matures.   I mean, what do you expect - the guy's only played four seasons.  

Seriously, that's awesome.  Fourth highest career playoff passer rating.  

1  Patrick Mahomes  105.12017-2021kan

2  Bart Starr+  104.81956-1971gnb

3  Kurt Warner+  102.81998-20092TM

4  Josh Allen  100.92018-2021buf

5  Matt Ryan  100.82008-2021atl

6  Aaron Rodgers  100.52005-2021gnb

7  Nick Foles  98.82012-2021phi

8  Alex Smith  97.42005-20202TM

9  Drew Brees  97.12001-20202TM

10  Joe Montana+  95.61979-19942TM

11  Russell Wilson  95.32012-2021sea

12  Mark Sanchez  94.32009-2018nyj

13  Ken Anderson  93.51971-1986cin

14  Tony Romo  93.02004-2016dal

15  Joe Theismann  91.41974-1985was

16  Tom Brady  91.02000-20212TM

17  Joe Flacco  88.62008-2021rav

18  Troy Aikman+  88.31989-2000dal

19  Cam Newton  87.72011-2021car

• Thank you (+1) 2

More than anything, Shaw’s list shows passer ratings in the playoffs aren’t everything. #16 & #10 should be 1st & 2nd.  I think it’s a more relevant regular season stat. Playoff games are about winning in whatever way possible. Also, the number of games played is highly variable.

Regardless, I’d rather have that 4th rated guy over any other current QB! 

2 hours ago, JimKelly12 said:

They weren't ready for Houston...argument can be made they weren't ready last year either...add in injuries and you get the loss.

This year they're healthy and have hit a healthy stride of balance between running and passing...Knox has come on...Motor's rolling...I'm feeling pretty damn excited for tomorrow

Well it's true he had a meltdown in the second half of that game but the thing people never mention when they talk about it is the fact that Allen had them in FG range in OT. He made two insane throws on that drive and if not for the questionable penalty they probably kick the FG, win the game and his performance is held up as heroic

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, well, wait until Josh matures.   I mean, what do you expect - the guy's only played four seasons.  

Seriously, that's awesome.  Fourth highest career playoff passer rating.  

1  Patrick Mahomes  105.12017-2021kan

2  Bart Starr+  104.81956-1971gnb

3  Kurt Warner+  102.81998-20092TM

4  Josh Allen  100.92018-2021buf

5  Matt Ryan  100.82008-2021atl

6  Aaron Rodgers  100.52005-2021gnb

7  Nick Foles  98.82012-2021phi

8  Alex Smith  97.42005-20202TM

9  Drew Brees  97.12001-20202TM

10  Joe Montana+  95.61979-19942TM

11  Russell Wilson  95.32012-2021sea

12  Mark Sanchez  94.32009-2018nyj

13  Ken Anderson  93.51971-1986cin

14  Tony Romo  93.02004-2016dal

15  Joe Theismann  91.41974-1985was

16  Tom Brady  91.02000-20212TM

17  Joe Flacco  88.62008-2021rav

18  Troy Aikman+  88.31989-2000dal

19  Cam Newton  87.72011-2021car

Holy cow, Bart Starr?! Man ahead of his time. Didn't know they had passer ratings that high back then when defenders were allowed to murder everyone.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Except it's not a..."narrative," which is really not the word you want at all.

It's a fact.

Hopefully it changes after Sunday night.

People are taking the facts and making them more meaningful than they actually are. It's two games. It's an incredibly small sample size and doesn't mean a thing.

Allen didn't lose because they were on the road. That had nothing to do with those losses. The team lost because of specific blunders in the Houston game and because Kansas City was a superior team. There's no reason to believe that the outcome would have been different if they played in a different stadium.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

looks like KC will play the Bills at arrowhead again next season too.....shaping up to be be a long term, frequent meeting rivalry

We played in Nashville for FOUR straight years. Funny how the schedule works out, but Nashville was a great trip and easy for me to get to. KC not so easy, but that’s high on my list of places where I’d love to see a game. 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Holy cow, Bart Starr?! Man ahead of his time. Didn't know they had passer ratings that high back then when defenders were allowed to murder everyone.

People are taking the facts and making them more meaningful than they actually are. It's two games. It's an incredibly small sample size and doesn't mean a thing.

Allen didn't lose because they were on the road. That had nothing to do with those losses. The team lost because of specific blunders in the Houston game and because Kansas City was a superior team. There's no reason to believe that the outcome would have been different if they played in a different stadium.

The other funny thing about playoff road losses is it means you played a higher seeded team, which is typically a better team. 

That 0-2 road record is meaningless given those games that were lost. I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

The other funny thing about playoff road losses is it means you played a higher seeded team, which is typically a better team. 

That 0-2 road record is meaningless given those games that were lost. I agree. 

So not correct 

seeding in some instances can be a 12 win team facing (visiting) a 10 win team. 

seeding does not mean the higher seed is better.  

It happens often in the WC rounds 

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So not correct 

seeding in some instances can be a 12 win team facing (visiting) a 10 win team. 

seeding does not mean the higher seed is better.  

It happens often in the WC rounds 

I said "typically"... yes, there are instances that is not the case, but typically it is. 

Look at this year... steelers v KC, Raiders v Cinci, Patriots v Bills... higher seeded team better in every case same thing in the NFC with Philly v TB, 49ers v Dallas, Arizona v Rams... it does happen that sometimes the lower seeded team is recognized as the better team, but typically not the case.  

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, but there are a few things about that list that undeniable.  As someone said, for Bart Starr to have put up that passer rating playing in that era is incredible, small sample size or not.  It meant he was playing near perfect games.  in the biggest games of the year, he didn't turn it over, and he moved the ball, passing.   That's pretty impressive.  

Pretty surprising to find Brady so far down the list.  No small sample size there.  

And ask fans which young quarterback in the league do you want for your team.   Your pick, any quarterback in the league or in college.  Doesn't pretty much everyone pick Mahomes or Allen?   Maybe there are a few Burrow fans in there, and Justin Herbert, but isn't the smart money on Mahomes and Allen?  There they are, sitting at the top of this playoff passer rating list.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, but there are a few things about that list that undeniable.  As someone said, for Bart Starr to have put up that passer rating playing in that era is incredible, small sample size or not.  It meant he was playing near perfect games.  in the biggest games of the year, he didn't turn it over, and he moved the ball, passing.   That's pretty impressive.  

Pretty surprising to find Brady so far down the list.  No small sample size there.  

And ask fans which young quarterback in the league do you want for your team.   Your pick, any quarterback in the league or in college.  Doesn't pretty much everyone pick Mahomes or Allen?   Maybe there are a few Burrow fans in there, and Justin Herbert, but isn't the smart money on Mahomes and Allen?  There they are, sitting at the top of this playoff passer rating list.  

Yeah, my post was a split response between two posts. First I responded to how crazy it was that Bart Starr had such a high passer rating back then.

My second reply was in regards to people crapping on Allen for not winning a road playoff game.

4 hours ago, Mango said:

0-2 on the road. That’s a big one I hope changes tomorrow. 

Yeah, and just saw Mahomes only lost 1 playoff game, the AFCCG where he didn't get to touch the ball in OT (oh, and he played amazing in each game).

Soooo not only do we have to hope Allen plays well, our defense has to play much better than any team Mahomes has faced in the playoffs thus far.

12 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

As of 1/22/22, before the Chiefs. 

5 games

3-2 Record

1,389 Pass Yards, 278 YPG

303 Rush Yards, 61 YPG

1 catch, 16 Yards

1,708 Tot Yd, 342 YPG

10 TD (5.2%), 1 INT (0.5%) Passing

2 TD Rush/Rec

12 Total TD, 1 INT

64% Comp

100.9 Rating

The funny thing is 3 of those games weren’t really that great.  2 were very good.  Yet his stats are still excellent 

Edited by JohnNord

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The funny thing is 3 of those games weren’t really that great.  2 were very good.  Yet his stats are still excellent 

He's been over 350 yards in 4 of 5... in KC last year he had 375 yards and 2 TD... he's produced in pretty much every game when looking at his total production... but 1 INT only a 0.5% INT rate? Really takes care of the football.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.