Jerry Jones starting to melt down

CorkScrewHill

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

I'm surprised he's going after Cooper in that manner and complementary of Lamb... both Cooper and Lamb have the same 65% catch rate of their targets, and Cooper only received 104 targets,  if they actuality the him the ball the same 120 times they did Lamb he actuality would have hit 1000 yards.  To say he isn't catching the ball is wrong, and to say he's not bringing in enough I mean you aren't throwing him the rock too begin with. 104 targets is low for a WR of his caliber. 

Furthermore, Cooper outplayed Lamb in the playoffs!! Cooper brought in 6 of 10 targets for 64 and a TD... on the other hand Lamb brought in only 1 catch on 5 targets for 21 yards!! He didn't show up! In what world do you throw your producer under the bus for a guy that didn't produce? 

Durrrrr in Jerrah World obviously!

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Funny stuff... the owner, GM of the team is not happy with the way the team finished the season...

The man is his own worst enemy. First thing he needs to do is step down as GM and hire someone smarter then himself. Although, he would never admit there is anybody out there like that. So, basically he is so stupid he doesn't get that there are men who are actually brilliant at building an NFL team...like Buffalo Bills own Brandon Beane!

There are also great NFL head coaches... and he doesn't have one. The lack of discipline from the current team is astounding. That's coaching! That final play in running up the middle was downright foolish, that's coaching.

I'm enjoying this mess of a Dallas Cowboys franchise. The man had a brilliant HC in Jimmy Johnson and had a power struggle on who built that SB winning team. Jones was convinced he could do as well or better at building a team. 

Yes, the Cowboys have been to the playoffs since 1996... 10 times in fact! Yet haven't won a single playoff game since that team that Jimmy Johnson fell apart.

As a Bills fan... gotta love it! 

Jerry Jones has done an above average to great job as a GM in the last few years.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, FireChans said:

Jerry Jones has done an above average to great job as a GM in the last few years.

Huh.

Sounds to me like he's dissing on the GM decision to sign Cooper

Bigger issue, I think he's succumbed to Whaley Disease, meaning he's brought in and drafted a whole bunch of good to great players, but he hasn't built a team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

The players they have invested big money in are flashy, individual stats guys who don't execute when it really matters. I don't see that changing no matter who the coach is. But yes, they probably need a better coach.

Having star players is the hard part. Just need the coach that can coach them and they will buy in. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, BillsMailman said:

He needs to be the owner and give up the GM to someone who actually knows what they’re doing. He clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I’ll say it again 

Jerry needs to fire his GM. 

It's always fun to drop an upperdecker in the Jerry Jones throne room, but the guy has put together the a roster that is the #1 Offense in points and yards, #7 D in points allowed, solid O-line, weapons at WR, RB...

He's fielded a roster that should be deep into the playoffs.  But his QB is a choker and his HC's are simply awful.  No discipline.  Bad play calling at the worst times.

He has to fire McCarthy and the doofus child OC.  Problem is there is no reason to believe he will hire anyone more competent.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Yeah sure.

As someone else mentioned, his sons (Stephen Jones, COO, EVP,  is director of player personnel), who are also in that front office kept him from drafting Johnny "Football" Manziel. It's not all Jerrah in obtaining the players.

It is him for hiring the HC. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Huh.

Sounds to me like he's dissing on the GM decision to sign Cooper

Bigger issue, I think he's succumbed to Whaley Disease, meaning he's brought in and drafted a whole bunch of good to great players, but he hasn't built a team.

No, he’s mad that Cooper hasn’t produced to his talent. Which makes sense.

They traded a #1 pick for Cooper. Signing him as one of the really good young WR’s was a no brainer.

Pound for pound, Dallas has a great ROSTER. GM is doing fine. Dak is just more Derek Carr and less Josh Allen, and their coach is so much of a buffoon, it’s almost unbelievable.

i can get behind the Whaley remarks, but Dallas may have the best stars in the NFL. That’s good enough for an above average GM job imo

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Yeah sure.

As someone else mentioned, his sons (Stephen Jones, COO, EVP,  is director of player personnel), who are also in that front office kept him from drafting Johnny "Football" Manziel. It's not all Jerrah in obtaining the players.

It is him for hiring the HC. 

So why does he need to step down as GM? Just let other folks have input on the coaching decision like they do for player personnel?

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rico said:

He’s wrong on Dak Prescott. Didn’t really like him before last weekend’s debacle, now he can’t be trusted at all.

Dak's performance last weekend was pretty shocking, especially for a home game.  When players statistically underperform I always think there is some health reason at play.  Would not shock me at all to find out there was another health issue that emerged as the season went on.

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Funny post. 

Here are a list of players Jerruh has acquired that would walk in and start on the Bills:

Cooper

Lamb

Smith

Collins

Martin

Lawrence

Parsons

Diggs

Gregory

I guess I have to give him credit for doing better than the Jets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Dak can not be called a winner,  in 4 playoff games he's 1-3. He's got work to do to earn that title.

I'm surprised he's going after Cooper in that manner and complementary of Lamb... both Cooper and Lamb have the same 65% catch rate of their targets, and Cooper only received 104 targets,  if they actuality the him the ball the same 120 times they did Lamb he actuality would have hit 1000 yards.  To say he isn't catching the ball is wrong, and to say he's not bringing in enough I mean you aren't throwing him the rock too begin with. 104 targets is low for a WR of his caliber. 

Furthermore, Cooper outplayed Lamb in the playoffs!! Cooper brought in 6 of 10 targets for 64 and a TD... on the other hand Lamb brought in only 1 catch on 5 targets for 21 yards!! He didn't show up! In what world do you throw your producer under the bus for a guy that didn't produce? 

Thats with missing two games due to covid

Jerrry uses the Stars and Scrubs system from fantasy baseball. He tries to have as many stars as he can fit under the cap and then fills the rest in. He has some really crappy guys out on the field like Connor Williams who led the NFL in penalties I believe and that Brown dude at CB amongst others. By the way, the Stars and Scrubs system in fantasy baseball doesn't work any better. You can win some, but eventually your weaknesses get exposed. It's the opposite of the Bills to a large extent, who have few Pro Bowlers, but ares strong everywhere. 

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Amari is a UFA in 2025. Huh

They have a small cap hit to let him go “As a practical matter, Cooper signed a two-year, $40 million deal. It allows the Cowboys to walk away with no guaranteed money and only $6 million in dead money for 2022.”

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Funny post. 

Here are a list of players Jerruh has acquired that would walk in and start on the Bills:

Cooper

Lamb

Smith

Collins

Martin

Lawrence

Parsons

Diggs

Gregory

I could compile a similar list of players from nearly every team in the league. 

Jerry's meltdown has a lot more to do with how he is perceived as a football guy & the questions that surround his decisions to that than how the team does this guy has a ego that needed Jerry world just to fit his head in the door .

He has always been that guy that's why he fired Jimmy and he will always be that guy !!

I just love it when he's complaining because that means he's losing & that just makes everything all better !! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I could compile a similar list of players from nearly every team in the league. 

That's simply NOT true lol. I can list at least half a dozen teams that you couldn't list 9 players that would start on Buffalo.

More importantly, the names I listed aren't just upgrades to current Bills players, they are stars. Some of them are superstars.

More to the point, we can't have it both ways. We can't laugh at Dallas for underperforming and choking when they have a great roster, AND say their GM sucks at team-building.  It makes us look petty and stupid, instead of brilliant and right.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

They have a small cap hit to let him go “As a practical matter, Cooper signed a two-year, $40 million deal. It allows the Cowboys to walk away with no guaranteed money and only $6 million in dead money for 2022.”

That's actually a great deal for the Boys.  Jeez.

31 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Funny post. 

Cooper

Lamb

Smith

Collins

Martin

Lawrence

Parsons

Diggs

Gregory

Yet somehow this "collection of talent" isn't playing this weekend. 

Must be some baaaaad coaching?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Yet somehow this "collection of talent" isn't playing this weekend. 

Must be some baaaaad coaching?

My dude, if we lose tomorrow on a QB draw with 14 seconds left, I guarantee Sean, not Beane, will be the guy talked about.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Funny post. 

Cooper

Lamb

Smith

Collins

Martin

Lawrence

Parsons

Diggs

Gregory

The problem is, the football TEAM needs to have 22-28 guys that would start for other teams.

As someone else pointed out, he's working on the "Stars and Scrubs" system where he tries to draft and sign stars, but has a lot of JAGs.  No one could deny that he's got quality guys who can Ball, but he hasn't built a team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem is, the football TEAM needs to have 22-28 guys that would start for other teams.

As someone else pointed out, he's working on the "Stars and Scrubs" system where he tries to draft and sign stars, but has a lot of JAGs.  No one could deny that he's got quality guys who can Ball, but he hasn't built a team.

Do you not think they do?

My comparison to the Bills was just that, to the Bills. We have nowhere close to 28 guys that would start for Dallas lol.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Do you not think they do?

I think, as someone else pointed out, Jerry is bringing in as many top players as he can afford, and filling in the rest with "guys" - the "Stars and Scrubs" system.

It's not a great team building strategy, which is why his W/L results aren't where he wants them to be.

Cowboys already had a very good group of receivers before drafting Lamb.  He was a luxury that they really did not need.  Their o-line had gotten old and injury ridden and could have used an infusion of talent.  Some of Zeke's best runs this year were to merely get back to the line of scrimmage.  As always, Jerry went for the big splash and it didn't pay off.  One of the earlier posts pointed out that great coaching prospects avoid working for Jerry and that may be very true.  It may also be true that Jerry will only hire coaches that will tolerate his incompetent meddling in team operations.

When you look at some of the consistently under performing teams, bad ownership is a common characteristic.  Bills fans lived through it with Ralph's last few years.  In addition to Dallas; Washington, Detroit, Chicago, Miami, Jets, and Jacksonville are living that nightmare now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think, as someone else pointed out, Jerry is bringing in as many top players as he can afford, and filling in the rest with "guys" - the "Stars and Scrubs" system.

It's not a great team building strategy, which is why his W/L results aren't where he wants them to be.

They were #1 in points scored and #7 in defensive points allowed. This is just flat out incorrect lol.  You can't find any piece of data to back this up. They even went 12-5 this year.

They are chokers with a bad coach. That's what they were with Garrett, that's what they are with McCarthy. Romo was a great QB who imploded come postseason. Dak, after his hot start as a rookie, is now plaing AWFUL in the postseason, and honestly against some of the better teams in the NFC this season.

Dallas' problem is not that their right guard or their defensive tackle is a JAG. Hell, we have JAGs at those positions.  Their problem is that their stars, particularly their star QB's do not elevate their game come post-season. Not only that, they don't show up to play. And their coaches, who are handed great talent and superstars, can never make them more than the sum of their parts.  THAT'S their problem.

Throw Sean McDermott and Josh Allen on the Cowboys right now and I believe they go undefeated.  Maybe 16-1.  THAT'S the difference.

Edited by FireChans

I believe in an interview he was asked if owner Jerry would have fired GM Jerry by now, and the response was a chuckle and a yes.

He is not that great as GMs and he knows it, but he hates not being in control. Dude needs an intervention for the sake of that team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.