[Misleading Title]

Bruce Smith

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

what exactly was Henrys foot injury? 

Foot injuries are quite nagging in general

The Jones fracture 

The assumption he's going to be just fine off of this is a bit confusing to me.

He's at an almost 100% chance of it happening again.  And is he even going to be 100%  

Don't really care.  He is the least of my worries in the playoffs.  It's AJ Brown I'm more concerned with.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Jones fracture 

The assumption he's going to be just fine off of this is a bit confusing to me.

He's at an almost 100% chance of it happening again.  And is he even going to be 100%  

Don't really care.  He is the least of my worries in the playoffs.  It's AJ Brown I'm more concerned with.  

First hit on google-

Jones fractures have a higher chance than other metatarsal fractures of not healing. They also have a higher chance of fracturing again after they've healed. Conservative treatment for Jones fractures has a 15 to 20 percent failure rate. If the bone fails to heal during conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary.

11 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

If anyone thinks that he won't be available and ready to play in 3 weeks, I've got some lovely real estate in Florida that you might be interested in

Funny.  I would say the opposite.

Of course the team will maintain this idiotic NFL tradition of wanting everyone to think he's coming back.

As though there is some sort of advantage to be gained by Tennessee in doing so.

The time line never really lined up for a return for him.

I'll believe he can play when he's playing on the field.

If he's "back" and I doubt he is, it's one game.  That'll get dinged.  It'll hurt a lot.    You need months to properly recover from foot surgery, and now that the bench physician can't just shoot you up with Toradol, it'll be a real deal pain.  

• Agree 1

He's coming off a non-surgically healed/rehabbed Jones fracture? After 8 weeks only? And he'll be cleared and ready to play at his normal high level in a couple of weeks (10-11 weeks total healing/rehab time)?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Edited by uninja

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

First hit on google-

Jones fractures have a higher chance than other metatarsal fractures of not healing. They also have a higher chance of fracturing again after they've healed. Conservative treatment for Jones fractures has a 15 to 20 percent failure rate. If the bone fails to heal during conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary.

This Jones guy has a lot to answer for

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

If anyone thinks that he won't be available and ready to play in 3 weeks, I've got some lovely real estate in Florida that you might be interested in

Oh yeah?  Me and the Misses are looking to relocate.  As long as it has good views of the Everglades.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, uninja said:

He's coming off a non-surgically healed/rehabbed Jones fracture? After 8 weeks only? And he'll be cleared and ready to play at his normal high level in a couple of weeks (10-11 weeks total healing/rehab time)?

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

I'm sure the Titan's braintrust is saying "Never say never..."

I don't think they will play him this week they are trying to get him ready for a play off run & if they were smart would only use him if they make it to the Super Bowl .

If he were to rebreak that bone in his foot that could be really bad for his future i would think .

1 hour ago, uninja said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

NO

His fracture was surgically repaired

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not back.

21 day window open for his return.

More bluffing from the team.

This stuff is so stupid.

Yup, this doesn't mean anything other than he is eligible to practice.  I still believe it is very unlikely he sees action.  Those injuries are tough.  If he does make it back, good for him, but I don't think he'll be 100%.  Whatever, though...if the Bills play them I hope he's a full go and we still stomp them.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
2 hours ago, Pete said:

First hit on google-

1 hour ago, uninja said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

He had surgery.