Will NFL change covid rules again for Playoffs?

Hebert19

What would league do if burrow Rodgers or Brady got covid late in week?  

We can't bubble these guys and it's bound to happen with the new variant. 

All the playoff QBs are better to just get covid now in all honesty.  Wentz may be last man standing if the rules don't change as he's not subject to new testing for 90 days.  We would still have mitch at least for same reason.  

Just a general topic.  How will they address this.

Ita actually a strategic advantage to have had an outbreak.  Chargers have Williams and Allen who have already had as an example so won't be shorthanded.  We should have Gabe Knox and Beasley regardless.  

Could be a real factor in playoffs 

You don't get tested if you don't have symptoms and are vaccinated, so even if they do get it, the league won't know about it unless they get symptoms, and being asymptomatic with Omicron is really common for those who are vaccinated.

So even though it is likely spreading like fire, it's going to affect playing time largely for those players who are not vaccinated because they are tested all the time, and I would guess that they are more likely to exhibit symptoms.

53 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

All the playoff QBs are better to just get covid now in all honesty.  Wentz may be last man standing if the rules don't change as he's not subject to new testing for 90 days.  We would still have mitch at least for same reason.  

Just a general topic. How will they address this.

Covid party.

(j/k)

35 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Depends on how much money is on the line.  God forbid something happens to all the money. 

😆🤣😂 

You need to enter the ShoutBox stat!

The Force needs pragmatic thinkers like you!

^^^^^^

Look at this guy! Enlightenment @ its best! 

@GoBills808

@Mike in Horseheads

😏 

56 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Packers are the favorites in the NFC. Could you imagine them in the Super Bowl and Rodgers can't play because of Covid?

Ironically Rodgers and Beasley are now 100% guaranteed to play in all their teams playoff games. 

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

You don't get tested if you don't have symptoms and are vaccinated, so even if they do get it, the league won't know about it unless they get symptoms, and being asymptomatic with Omicron is really common for those who are vaccinated.

And the unvaccinated. Tons of unvaccinated have gotten Omicron and been asymptomatic.  Nobody vaccinated or unvaccinated is missing the playoffs unless they want to. The NFL made it that way.

I doubt a single player misses the playoffs due to Covid.

Edited by Evian

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I think they would try to make reasonable accommodations, move the game out a couple days, not past Tuesday though.   There are teams that wont be in the post season because of Covid already.   

The non-COVID stricken team wouldn't be so happy about that schedule change! 

It will be fascinating to see how this plays out, if a QB gets it in particular.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see some spur of the moment reaction from the NFL, switching things around, which is kind of bush league.

5 minutes ago, Evian said:

And the unvaccinated. Tons of unvaccinated have gotten Omicron and been asymptomatic.  Nobody vaccinated or unvaccinated is missing the playoffs unless they want to. The NFL made it that way.

I doubt a single player misses the playoffs due to Covid.

Yeah, I would have to look at the data. I'm assuming that being asymptomatic is at least slightly more common for those who are vaccinated, but yeah, there is still a high rate for the unvaccinated.

But there is still a chance you can exhibit symptoms and then get tested and be out. But I think with the new protocols that we will see less players missing games.

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Can someone explain how the eagles had 12 people test positive today? I thought vaccinated players were no longer getting tested? Surely they don't have that many unvaccinated players.

Teams can test if they want. If their game had real meaning this weekend there probably would have been no testing. lol

The Eagles are playing a meaningless game. 

The NFL has a huge problem. They can't have vaccinated players sitting out while guys like Aaron Rodgers, Cole Beasley, and Carson Wentz are guaranteed to play as long as their teams are alive. The only way you can solve that problem is by making sure nobody tests positive. How do you do that? You only test players that want to be tested.

Could you imagine if a vaccinated Tom Brady tested positive for the NFC Championship game at Green Bay and the unvaccinated Rodgers got to play? Nightmare for the NFL and the government that is trying to get everyone vaccinated.

Edited by Evian

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The non-COVID stricken team wouldn't be so happy about that schedule change! 

It will be fascinating to see how this plays out, if a QB gets it in particular.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see some spur of the moment reaction from the NFL, switching things around, which is kind of bush league.

Im sure the opponent would not like it but it’s life in the big city.  If it’s the bills and josh Allen not available would you want them to try to adjust?

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Depends on how much money is on the line.  God forbid something happens to all the money. 

Yea I don’t think you’ll see many starting qbs getting tested in the playoffs lol unless they show symptoms of course.  They’re going to ‘randomly’ test all the bench qbs in the qb room and not the starters haha 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Patriots and Brady are the only ones the rules don't apply for. 

Am I doing this right TBD? 

You forgot to mention the compensatory pick being awarded to the Pats

**looks like someone beat me to it lol

Edited by Herc11
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.