Week 16 Bills Covid List - Players and Coaches

Hapless Bills Fan

As of today 12/27:

Cornerback Cam Lewis has been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

As of Friday 12/24:

Wide receiver Gabriel Davis and offensive lineman Cody Ford have been added to the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Special teams coordinator Heath Farwell and defensive line coach Eric Washington were also added to the list.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

image.thumb.png.b46bcc842e8e247d49588efc354491ac.png

Thread intended for Bills-relevant Covid list additions and activations

• Thank you (+1) 1

I see that the Falcons added 5 guys to their Covid list since Sunday.   I haven't paid attention to the Falcons this year.   Anyone know which of these guys have  been impact players for them?

Dorian Etheridge LB Yes12/27/21

Brandon Copeland LB Yes12/27/21

Tajae Sharpe WR Yes12/27/21

James Vaughters LBYes12/27/21

Tyeler Davison DT Yes12/26/21

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

I see that the Falcons added 5 guys to their Covid list since Sunday.   I haven't paid attention to the Falcons this year.   Anyone know which of these guys have  been impact players for them?

The only player who seems to be a regular starter is Tyeler Davison: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2021.htm

Davison has started a lot of games for NO and ATL over the last 6 seasons: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTy01.htm. No idea how good he is, however.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

Patterson and Pitts are their only threats on offense. Ridley is still out due to mental health.

Oh wait, just saw you were asking about that list... their defense has been awful, so I'd say no one on that list or on their defense as a whole have been impact players

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

CDC shortened it if you are asymptomatic.  NFL will likely follow

Based on the time it will take to get this done, and the fact that I think the NFL still wants to incentivize players to get vaccinated, I do not think the NFL shortens the window until the playoffs, where they will want to protect ratings/Aaron Rodgers from missing games. 

Davis nor Beasley will be back for ATL. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Based on the time it will take to get this done, and the fact that I think the NFL still wants to incentivize players to get vaccinated, I do not think the NFL shortens the window until the playoffs, where they will want to protect ratings/Aaron Rodgers from missing games. 

Beasley is eligible to come off the list this Thurs or Fri (depending upon the date of the sample that put him on the list, 12/20 or 12/21 - he went on 12/21).   So he could be back for Atlanta under the old regulations.

Davis went on the list Fri 12/24 so not eligible to come off until 1/2 or 1/3 (depending on the date of the sample that put him on the list).  He's out unless the NFLPA/NFL "step on the gas" about new rules based on new CDC recommendation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Star on the list for 15 days lol.

Why is that LOL?

If he was on it for 15 days - he was probably symptomatic and who knows how ill.

Others have hit 12+ days.

I do not see anything funny with it - sorry.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

Beasley could be back depending on symptoms.

10 days is Friday - He should clear Sat in time for Sunday’s game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was pretty sick 

It was reported he missed two days of practice last week for personal reasons, so he’s off the Covid list now right?

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-rb-matt-breida-inactive-against-patriots-lt-dion-dawkins-is-active/article_3e10ed12-6667-11ec-aaf6-0b5dfcf01cde.amp.html

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It was reported he missed two days of practice last week for personal reasons, so he’s off the Covid list now right?

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-rb-matt-breida-inactive-against-patriots-lt-dion-dawkins-is-active/article_3e10ed12-6667-11ec-aaf6-0b5dfcf01cde.amp.html

Yes, he has been off the list for a while. However when he got Covid, he was reportedly sick, so quarantines and 10 day rules were secondary if he was too ill to play.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Yes, he has been off the list for a while. However when he got Covid, he was reportedly sick, so quarantines and 10 day rules were secondary if he was too ill to play.

Thanks.  

Two days off for personal reasons suggests the big guy is facing a lot of adversity. Hope all is well with his family. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

What's the deal with Feliciano? 

Unsure what you mean. 

He's still on the Covid list.  He is vaccinated and could get off any time he is symptom-free AND tests negative/Ct >35 OR after 10 days (that would be tomorrow Dec 29)

He had symptoms severe enough to send him to the ER on Sun or Mon of the Carolina game and to get him an antibody treatment Tues week (after which he said he felt good), so he may need more time to recover.

Greg from Cover1 said a healing spell for him on Dec 23, so he should be Back Any Day Now.

• Haha (+1) 5

I distinctly remember Josh giving Hoyer a quick handshake .. clearly within 6 ft. I don’t understand why they do the meet and greet in the days of Covid protocols. If I were McD I would tell the coach of the other team before the game .. no offense but as soon as the game is over .. we are going right to the lockerroom

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/report-brian-hoyer-is-expected-to-go-on-covid-19-list/

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unsure what you mean. 

He's still on the Covid list.  He is vaccinated and could get off any time he is symptom-free AND tests negative/Ct >35 OR after 10 days (that would be tomorrow Dec 29)

He had symptoms severe enough to send him to the ER on Sun or Mon of the Carolina game and to get him an antibody treatment Tues week (after which he said he felt good), so he may need more time to recover.

Greg from Cover1 said a healing spell for him on Dec 23, so he should be Back Any Day Now.

So at this point he can come back if he has not had a fever in 24 hours and his other symptoms are "improved", basically.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Typo

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I distinctly remember Josh giving Hoyer a quick handshake .. clearly within 6 ft. I don’t understand why they do the meet and greet in the days of Covid protocols. If I were McD I would tell the coach of the other team before the game .. no offense but as soon as the game is over .. we are going right to the lockerroom

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/report-brian-hoyer-is-expected-to-go-on-covid-19-list/

— outdoors

— 3-5 seconds of contact

— not french kissing

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

What's the deal with Feliciano? 

He was in the hospital for Da COVIDs... According to his Social Media accounts...

Anyway..  Does this help Bills?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32953028/sources-nfl-nflpa-deal-cut-covid-isolation-5-days

Sorry if it was posted already...

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Like when Brady gets his azz handed to him in a loss? 

Yet... When he wins, practically having sex with the cameras after game. 😆 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why is that LOL?

If he was on it for 15 days - he was probably symptomatic and who knows how ill.

Others have hit 12+ days.

I do not see anything funny with it - sorry.

Beasley could be back depending on symptoms.

10 days is Friday - He should clear Sat in time for Sunday’s game.

3 days longer than anyone else on that list.  I think its funny because I think Star has checked out.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was pretty sick 

Yeah I know.  Sit. out a season, don't get vaxed, skip voluntary camp, sit out practice week 1 because already injured, get on covid list for close contact, get on covid list for 15 days because unvaxed and catches covid, come back and sit out with a toe injury, come back and play limited snaps, miss practice and the most important game of the season because personal reasons.

Sure the personal reasons could be something serious.  Personally, and I have said this for weeks... I think Star is checked out and getting an easy pay day doing as little as possible.  I know that's unpopular but the guy is getting a lot of money to basically sit out two seasons.  A couple of those things then sure fine.  It is what it is but every week is a different reason for this guy not to play football.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

3 days longer than anyone else on that list.  I think its funny because I think Star has checked out.

Long Covid is very real. Millions probably don't even realize they got it.  Syndrome.   Feeling like 💩 💩 💩  is just a normal way of life... 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah I know.  Sit. out a season, don't get vaxed, skip voluntary camp, sit out practice week 1 because already injured, get on covid list for close contact, get on covid list for 15 days because unvaxed and catches covid, come back and sit out with a toe injury, come back and play limited snaps, miss practice and the most important game of the season because personal reasons.

Sure the personal reasons could be something serious.  Personally, and I have said this for weeks... I think Star is checked out and getting an easy pay day doing as little as possible.  I know that's unpopular but the guy is getting a lot of money to basically sit out two seasons.

Agree.  At least he should have got vaxxed... Then nobody could dispute his team spirit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Sure the personal reasons could be something serious.  Personally, and I have said this for weeks... I think Star is checked out and getting an easy pay day doing as little as possible.  I know that's unpopular but the guy is getting a lot of money to basically sit out two seasons.  A couple of those things then sure fine.  It is what it is but every week is a different reason for this guy not to play football.

Appreciate you laying out the timeline and his "reasons" for missing so much time.  I agree completely that he's checked out, but still gets is paycheck.  I wonder how he's perceived in the locker room and by the coaching staff?  Cutting him would send a strong message.

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Based on the updated policy, every Bills player on the list except Cam Lewis eligible to return as soon as tomorrow if they have not had a fever for 24 hours and have improved in their other symptoms sufficiently to participate.

If this is the standard, then everyone except the super serious/hospitalized type guys will play.

Won’t everyone else just load up on Tylenol and play? 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

If this is the standard, then everyone except the super serious/hospitalized type guys will play.

I feel like outside whatever personal issue he has and covid, he could have put forth better effort to be available.  Everyone else on the team has.

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That's what I am thinking, however it is subject to the agreement of team and league medical officials. For what that's worth. Also it specifies fever-free without the use of fever reducing medicine.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment
Clarifying

4 hours ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So at this point he can come back if he has not had a fever in 24 hours and his other symptoms are "improved", basically.

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It's a bit more than that.

Here's the actual memo:

image.thumb.png.8a9c8e88a9a70e241ef0a095da316a41.png

-The fever is supposed to be resolved for 24 hrs without the use of fever-reducing medications

-"other symptoms" have resolved "or improved"

-Club physician and Infection Control guy agree player can return (may involve blood test for heart damage etc)

-Local regulations are satisfied

That last one could be a sticking point in some places, though NYS just adopted the CDC recommendations for "critical workers".  I had a look-see for what the Erie County Department of Health might require but couldn't find anything recent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.