Epenesa/Hart/Love-Covid List

IBTG81

Just now, IBTG81 said:

All three just placed on the Covid list. 

So far it's no one that's we can't live without (however speedy recovery wished for all!)

Hope it doesn't get worse this week...

The NFL in general just put pretty much 70% of fantasy relevant players in the last today. This is spiraling fast.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

So far it's no one that's we can't live without (however speedy recovery wished for all!)

Hope it doesn't get worse this week...

The NFL in general just put pretty much 70% of fantasy relevant players in the last today. This is spiraling fast.

It will get worse this week. League-wide. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

Yep, there is no doubt about it. Covid will have an influence in these final few weeks.

Agree. That's way even games at home against Atlanta and the Jets are far from stone cold locks. Someone is gonna be nipped at the end because of being short manned. May be happening to Cleveland tonight. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

It will get worse this week. League-wide. It is what it is.

It’s sucks..:even vaccinated players are getting infected.  The Bills have been relatively lucky in terms of only losing a few players at a time to COVID.  Let’s hope that continues 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

It’s sucks..:even vaccinated players are getting infected.  The Bills have been relatively lucky in terms of only losing a few players at a time to COVID.  Let’s hope that continues 

Vaccinations don't prevent the disease, just the severity, and Omicron is more prevalent than Alpha or Delta. Not sure when the NFL is introducing the non-testing protocol for players who have been vaccinated; there are apparently 50+ players who tested positive today - are they all non-vaccinated, all showing symptoms or is the protocol not in place yet?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So....I guess we don't have to worry about whether they'll start Bobby Hart

According to my understanding, these guys must have had symptoms, because the NFL is no longer testing vaccinated players at all unless they have symptoms

Good point. 

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Vaccinations don't prevent the disease, just the severity, and Omicron is more prevalent than Alpha or Delta. Not sure when the NFL is introducing the non-testing protocol for players who have been vaccinated; there are apparently 50+ players who tested positive today - are they all non-vaccinated, all showing symptoms or is the protocol not in place yet?

delta accounts for 97% as of today in the USA. eventually we think omicron

Edited by balln

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I don't know for sure but it would not be shocked if every single player was vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Omicron may very well be the dominant strain by the end of the week given its infectivity rate.  This is going to wreck the league.

Considering Omicron is supposedly much less severe symptom-wise than earlier strains, quite possible to have a lot of players positive with it going forward and just asymptomatic, leading to it not being found with the new testing protocols.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Considering Omicron is supposedly much less severe symptom-wise than earlier strains, quite possible to have a lot of players positive with it going forward and just asymptomatic, leading to it not being found with the new testing protocols.

That is TBC at this point. The initial data from South Africa looks promising but there are other variables at play there too so too early to make any firm conclusions.

13 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Let’s hope.  

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Addition by subtraction.  I would like to see more Basham and less Epenesa anyways.

You show this kind of compassion when you’re rounding?

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Interesting they were saying 3% on Friday. Makes one wonder how much to trust the data😜

Doubling time is very fast.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Isn’t the new rule that vaccinated asymptomatic players aren’t going to be tested?

I think so. That was as of this weekend, so maybe these guys were showing symptoms or something. 

But who says if they are 'showing symptoms' or not? The team? Or an independant 3rd party? Just looking for a conspiracy angle here....

1 minute ago, Captain_Quint said:

I think so. That was as of this weekend, so maybe these guys were showing symptoms or something. 

But who says if they are 'showing symptoms' or not? The team? Or an independant 3rd party? Just looking for a conspiracy angle here....

And there’s the rub.  I don’t know how that’s being done.

12 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

The franchise medical team I presume? They're not going to want players with symptoms hanging out with the rest of the roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.