Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I hope that you are correct. I do disagree with you. Why? It boils down to a few things. First, the Bills offensive is a serious problem. I just don't see them being effective enough to put up big points. Secondly, BB will do his best to talk away the Bills passing game. Lots of cover 2 and zone schemes. He will take his chance with the Bills running game beating him. Thirdly, can you feel confident Allen will have time to throw? Fourth, I see some long prolonged drives by the Pats via running and short passes. Bills will bend but not break ending up giving up field goals. However, it will keep the ball out of Allen's hands. I see a low scoring affair here. My last point is biased but I see the Bills getting several bad ref called again especially in Foxboro. 

I watched that last game as the Bills entered the red zone twice as many times as NE. That was a game the Bills should have won. The offense was clearly limited by what they could do because of wind conditions. Add in the bad taste the Bills have in their mouths over that game and you are going to see a very different outcome in this game. Toward the end of that game, the offense began passing more frequently with success. I believe the Bills will overcome the refs, overcome whatever the NE D throws at them. Might even be a bloodbath game where Belichick is throwing stuff in anger again. He was lucky the weather gave him an edge in the last game. Ain't happening this time. They play smart football, but there are no lockdown corners on that team. There are no super stars. The quality of the players will be inevitable.

I see two stingy defenses and only one offense that is capable of taking a defense to the woodshed.....and ain't NE's.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is not terrible news!!

I would like some rain, though.  Bill Belichick clearly doesn't trust McCorkle to throw the ball unless it's a perfect weather day.  The more predictable they can be, the better.

Thanks for the updates, fellas!

They were completely one dimensional and beat the Bills, so I’m not seeing the positive here. 

Oh, another reason why I'm high on this game.

Belichick has his hand picked Brady successor.  He had an enormous FA budget, and spent cash like water building a roster designed from the ground up to beat teams like KC and Buffalo.  He thinks he knows exactly what's coming and has all the tools he needs to beat it on both sides of the ball.

If he doesn't, it means NE's best shot wasn't good enough.  When are they gonna have $150 million in cap space again?  Yeaaahhh.

1 hour ago, finn said:

I notice the Bills protected Isiah Hodgkins. I think of him as a replacement for Davis, since they're built the same and seem to have similar strengths and weaknesses. But it's Beasley they need to replace. Any news on Sanders? If he's a no-go, I suppose McKenzie is the next man up, followed by Stephenson. After that, they'd have to put Kumerow in the slot, I suppose. 

Hodgins is not a Davis replacement. Despite his height, the two have different styles of play. I think Hodgins played in the slot a lot in college. He reminds me of David Nelson.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Oh, another reason why I'm high on this game.

Belichick has his hand picked Brady successor.  He had an enormous FA budget, and spent cash like water building a roster designed from the ground up to beat teams like KC and Buffalo.  He thinks he knows exactly what's coming and has all the tools he needs to beat it on both sides of the ball.

If he doesn't, it means NE's best shot wasn't good enough.  When are they gonna have $150 million in cap space again?  Yeaaahhh.

As it stands they have 31.5 million in cap space next year, we have 8.9.  So that 150 mil we guarantee Allen is the same they laid out over a few years for multiple impact players, and they still have wiggle room.  Our guaranteed money got us a superstar QB and pedestrian OL to protect him.  I don't see where we won the offseason.  

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Pats are likely to be in better shape than the narrative suggested at the beginning of this week.

Bourne is vaxxed and was showing no symptoms, and Stevenson finished the Colts game. They'll be close to full strength. We need Dawkins and Sanders back, and (crosses fingers) no more positive tests.

13 minutes ago, boco357 said:

That was thoroughly revolting to read & watch.

The level of arrogance in New England is at some sort of new, unprecedented level.  It's the kind of attitude I'd imagine the out-of-touch royalty had about the peasants just before the French Revolution - along those lines. It's cartoonish.

And I'm so tired of the argument that teams HAVE to win a SB on the QB's rookie contract, or the window is closed.  It's lazy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

That was thoroughly revolting to read & watch.

The level of arrogance in New England is at some sort of new, unprecedented level.  It's the kind of attitude I'd imagine the out-of-touch royalty had about the peasants just before the French Revolution - along those lines. It's cartoonish.

And I'm so tired of the argument that teams HAVE to win a SB on the QB's rookie contract, or the window is closed.  It's lazy.

The team they root for has been vulnerable for the last two years after two decades of dominance.

When someone feels vulnerable, they're more likely to lash out. 

I agree that it's gotten weirder. We're getting a lot of Pats fans on this board and their media is being especially unprofessional. 

They're lashing out.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Pats are likely to be in better shape than the narrative suggested at the beginning of this week.

Bourne is vaxxed and was showing no symptoms, and Stevenson finished the Colts game. They'll be close to full strength. We need Dawkins and Sanders back, and (crosses fingers) no more positive tests.

Yeah, they're pretty likely to be in better shape than the Bills on the roster front by Sunday. It's a real concern. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.