Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

At this point, all of these games are about the playoffs.  Gotta root for KC here, though I like Herbert & the Chargers infinitely more.

I've hardly seen the Chargers - but I've heard that Herbert is looking pretty good these days.

Great Thurs. night game.

8 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Did not notice a game thread for this.

Should be a good one. I have not seen Herbert play much. They are really touting his on the pregame show.

Thoughts?

Chiefs, after a rocky start, have toughened up on defense.  #6 on points.

Chargers, after a hot start, have cooled down some.  #26 defense on points, though they give up fewer yards (16th) than the Chiefs (24th)

Much though it sticks in my craw, I believe that as a Bills fan we ought to be rooting for the Chiefs, to push the Chargers down a bit in the WC standings

4 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Herbert is great, but I have seen some inconsistencies. 

He has Keenan Allen and Mike Williams 

Who are we cheering for?

Pretty sure the...(ulp) Chiefs but I'm far from expert at this playoff seeding business.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

“If I were starting a franchise today, I’d pick Justin Herbert to be my QB.”  I hear this all the time. Anyone care to elaborate why people view Herbert so much more favorably to Josh Allen? Herbert is a fine player, but I don’t get it. 

He's on TV tonight and they need to get the hype machine going.

According to the playoff prediction machines, the outcome of this game has virtually no impact on the Bills playoff chances.  It would seem a KC win would help, but I think the fact we have the tiebreaker against KC makes a KC loss the same as a Chargers loss.  Of course depending on all the games in the future, a particular outcome may turn out to matter, but you don't know it now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t get not kicking the FG.  I’m way too conservative.  Possessions are limited, stack points.  I don’t care what analytics say, 4th and goal from the 4 is not easy to cash in.  Dumb Chargers. I don’t go for that unless i have to. 

And they pay another price with the tight end knocking himself out. very scary.

1 minute ago, Westside Madness said:

1 drop.

1 throw into triple coverage.

1 throw and catch and dropped due to what looks like a significant concussion.

On that last play I was thinking.. how could anybody possibly not fumble like that tho? As soon as they get 2 feet down you got 2 people on either side hitting the ball clean as soon as feet down. 

That's tough to see.. yikes. Hope for the best

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.