Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

Just now, Joe Ferguson said:

Must  be nice for a coach to go for it on 4th downs

Agreed. Take note McD. Have to be aggressive in big games. Other than red zone execution, I feel like that has been the biggest difference this year vs. last. Just not as aggressive. Doesn’t seem like we are dictating to teams as much this year. At least since the KC (and maybe the Titans game). Since then, they’ve been in some weird funk. Second half of Tampa game started to feel like getting some of that back. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I live here in San Diego. I can tell you Herbert is as good or better than Allen. He is special. I don't think the Bills would beat the Chargers if they ever meet. 

If you ever move to Oakland, can you let us know what you think of Derek Carr?

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Interesting take. I was also thinking Herbert looks a little smoother/more settled working underneath in the games that I’ve seen. Josh has gotten better with it, but can still come in hot with it from time to time. There’s no QB I trust more on a third and long than Josh though. Everything is in play. 

Agree. It’s more style points than anything. Josh and Mahomes have a little more playground and improv to them. They are as effective as Herbert, but it just looks a bit more herky jerky. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

“If I were starting a franchise today, I’d pick Justin Herbert to be my QB.”  I hear this all the time. Anyone care to elaborate why people view Herbert so much more favorably to Josh Allen? Herbert is a fine player, but I don’t get it. 

One could see how the contrast in Their respective rookie years make you think he’s got a higher ceiling.  Plus he’s apparently a gym rat… I’m not sure Josh is there yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

9 play drive with 1 pass.  

What is this novel concept called “rush game”, and could it be useful to the Bills?

Yea the whole drive Buck & Aikman are just gushing all over Herbert and the Chargers are RUNNING the ball down the Chiefs throat. It's like in the pre-game production meetings they decide on an agenda and they don't deviate from it no matter what's happening on the field. It's just lazy IMO.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agree. It’s more style points than anything. Josh and Mahomes have a little more playground and improv to them. They are as effective as Herbert, but it just looks a bit more herky jerky. 

I think this is good insight.  The more traditionalist announcers, particularly former QB's, really like Herbert.  I remember Aikman commenting on how inaccurate Allen was and that he didn't see him ever fixing that problem. Ditto for Bradshaw.  Then you got the maverick types like Romo who really like Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.