Insane Stat of the Day Josh Allen.

MAJBobby

Here is a nice little Stat.  Buffalo Bills Rushing TD leaders In the HISTORY of the team.  In 4 years the Bills QB already up to 5th all time, and has a good look at getting to 3 all time before the end of the season.  

Get this team a freaking OL please.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

That's crazy he's about to pass Fred Jackson. Cookie was not in Buffalo very long. His stats are pretty crazy given that.

I think there is a good chance by the end of his career that he will be the Bills all-time rushing TD leader.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is a nice little Stat.  Buffalo Bills Rushing TD leaders In the HISTORY of the team.  In 4 years the Bills QB already up to 5th all time, and has a good look at getting to 3 all time before the end of the season.  

Seeing Jack Kemp at #10, with 25 is even more surprising to me!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

That is amazing from a player perspective. It is nauseating from a coordinator/GM perspective. As an OC, you put your franchise on the line more than 29 times for points. As a GM you did not provide your team with a RB and line that can do the job on short yardage/red zone.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

How so? He likely has less rushing TD's if there was a better runner on the team.

Maybe.  A fair amount of those are scrambles and there are definitely some sneaks and designed runs.  I guess I think it is more telling of who Josh Allen is and what he is capable of and not as much about not having an RB.   The Bills dont have an RB1....ok I guess I can agree with that.  But largely during Josh Allen's tenure they have not seemed to desire to have that.  The whole thing is built around what he does well.

There is another Stat I read today.

Allen has had 2 Backs go over 100 yards in a game in his career.  Singeltary and Gore

Allen has three 100 yard rushing games in his career.

Just now, mattynh said:

Maybe.  A fair amount of those are scrambles and there are definitely some sneaks and designed runs.  I guess I think it is more telling of who Josh Allen is and what he is capable of and not as much about not having an RB.   The Bills dont have an RB1....ok I guess I can agree with that.  But largely during Josh Allen's tenure they have not seemed to desire to have that.  The whole thing is built around what he does well.

Minus the ***** OL

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'd give my pinky toe to have a Thurman Thomas on this team. Holy smokes, Allen would likely be MVP every year and our O as a whole would be unstoppable 

I guess talent wise I understand what you are saying but if you put Thurman on the team, do you want to run more than we do now and pass more to RB's than we do now, that will take touches from Knox/Diggs/Sanders/etc.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

or Decades of futility at the OL position

For some reason, people think RBs exist in their own bubble out on the field.

Good ones get big runs, bad ones don't.

Big runs almost always equate to "huge holes" and the RB has nothing to do with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

For some reason, people think RBs exist in their own bubble out on the field.

Good ones get big runs, bad ones don't.

Big runs almost always equate to "huge holes" and the RB has nothing to do with that.

Not to mention McD and Daboll keeping their best blocking WR on the Bench all season in Gabe Davis.  and yet cry when Rbs getting 4 yards, well you have OL that cannot get to the second level and you have your stud blocking WR on the bench.

1 minute ago, OP Blue said:

And that is why he's injured now.

Running QBs all get hurt eventually.

You know QBs have a much higher chance of getting hurt in the pocket than running.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Right. But I think the fact they have not desired a true RB1 is a mistake they have made, and we're seeing to consequences of that mistake this season. A 100% pass offense with the QB as the only running threat is proving to be unsustainable.

Agreed!  I think this gets addressed in a big way going into next year.

1 minute ago, OP Blue said:

And that is why he's injured now.

Running QBs all get hurt eventually.

All QBs eventually get hurt.   All football players, eventually get hurt.    The statistics show that a Quarterback is more likely to get hurt in the pocket than he is running the ball.    I am pretty sure if you go back to the game thats exactly what happened.   If I recall he seemed to hurt his ankle and foot on a sack he took in the pocket.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Yeah there is that......something is different this year vs last though.   These same guys pass blocked better last year.

Did they?  OR more likely Teams playing allen Differently this year.  Josh covered alot of their flaws in the OL last year too.

18 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I guess talent wise I understand what you are saying but if you put Thurman on the team, do you want to run more than we do now and pass more to RB's than we do now, that will take touches from Knox/Diggs/Sanders/etc.

If you add Josh's + Moss + Brieda you get 170 runs so far this year.

If we had a true #1 he'd take some of Singelary's 112 carries, all of Moss and Briedas, and 80% of Josh's. 

With better run blocking and a true #1 RB we can run no more than we have, be top 10 in the league in rushing, and take away most of the hits Josh takes.

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

All QBs eventually get hurt.   All football players, eventually get hurt.    The statistics show that a Quarterback is more likely to get hurt in the pocket than he is running the ball.    I am pretty sure if you go back to the game thats exactly what happened.   If I recall he seemed to hurt his ankle and foot on a sack he took in the pocket.

No, Josh hurt his ankle on a QB run for about 20 yards when he was as tackled near the sideline by Devin White. 

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Crazy how many fumbles most of those guys have.  Would never have guessed OJ had basically as many fumbles as TDs in his career.  Probably because his gloves were the wrong size.

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You know QBs have a much higher chance of getting hurt in the pocket than running

22 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Running QBs still get hit in the pocket.  Then they run and take more hits.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, since Thurman, the Bills have always had a *****OL?

Yep they have. Since the 90s teams how long have we screamed for a competent OL?  

16 minutes ago, Billl said:

Crazy how many fumbles most of those guys have.  Would never have guessed OJ had basically as many fumbles as TDs in his career.  Probably because his gloves were the wrong size.

Running QBs still get hit in the pocket.  Then they run and take more hits.

Injuries happen MORE in the pocket than a QB on the run. That is the reality. 

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

With RB, just have to hit on one player, not 5.  Plus a great RB can run with a mediocre line.

Except that you are then beholden to that one player. OL upgrades are better for the long run. As examples, Singletary would be lot more effective if we had a stronger run blocking OL core. (assuming Dumb-oll would call those run plays)

52 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did they?  OR more likely Teams playing allen Differently this year.  Josh covered alot of their flaws in the OL last year too.

But, yesterday, Allen had more time in the second half. Did the adjustments include OL changes? I would like to see what was different between half 1 and half 2. 

56 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Both.

The point is having a RB that the defense respects in both the pass n run game would be phenomenal for this offense as a whole

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.