Playoff picture

Hebert19

I'm shocked we are still in 7 seed.  When I took a closer look Cleveland and Cincinnati both look like they will end up with the same or similar conference records...

We have a better SOV than both which is shocking.  Keep winning KC and Miami. Ha

So based on this we win 3 of 4 we should be good for 6 or 7 seed.  

Anything I'm missing?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hebert19 said:

I'm shocked we are still in 7 seed.  When I took a closer look Cleveland and Cincinnati both look like they will end up with the same or similar conference records...

We have a better SOV than both which is shocking.  Keep winning KC and Miami. Ha

Anything I'm missing?

The good thing is they control their own fate. The schedule is pretty favorable with three at home and one on the road. The Bills will be solid favorites in their home games. Today's Daily News has the Bills as a 9.5 favorite over Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd still be shocked if we don't make the playoffs. All of the teams in the WC race have tough schedules coming up, and they all basically play each other multiple times.

The game I'm most interested in is Colts/Pats. That's a win-win for the Bills. Either NE puts a 7th loss on Indy, or Indy sets it up so we still have a shot at the division the following week (if we take care of business against the Panthers).

Pats fans online were pretty universal in celebrating their big division win yesterday. I don't think they were doing the math.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

The good thing is they control their own fate. The schedule is pretty favorable with three at home and one on the road. The Bills will be solid favorites in their home games. Today's Daily News has the Bills as a 9.5 favorite over Carolina.

Sorry to be that guy, but let's see if it's going to be Mitch Trubisky Time before we get too excited about playing ANYbody.....

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Blainorama5 said:

Sorry to be that guy, but let's see if it's going to be Mitch Trubisky Time before we get too excited about playing ANYbody.....

With Trubisky I still think they beat the Panthers. Cam sucks, no McCaffrey and the Panthers were "impressive" in the 29-21 loss at home to Atlanta. The Bills will definitely need Josh vs NE however.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Greg S said:

With Trubisky I still think they beat the Panthers. Cam sucks, no McCaffrey and the Panthers were "impressive" in the 29-21 loss at home to Atlanta. The Bills will definitely need Josh vs NE however.

I wish I shared your optimism, but until I see Trubisky actually WIN a game with the Bills, it's really hard to put any stock into a guy who has played VERY little this season....

Win our and NE Drop 1 to (Indy, Jax, or MIA), and you are the AFCE Champions. That should be your goal.

Win out and no matter what else happens you are in the Playoffs and have at least 1 Home playoff game.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

so if we make the playoffs at the sixth or seventh seed we get the 2nd or 3rd seed on the road - NE, Tenn, or KC ?   

Don't give the division to NE just yet. They have a tough one on the road against the Colts this Saturday night. If the Colts win ( a good chance this happens) and the Bills win on Sunday vs the Panthers then get ready for a week of hype with the 8-6 Bills at the 9-5 Pats and a battle for first.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

As it stands RIGHT now with he NYT playoff machine

Bills are 

65% to make the playoffs

19% to win the Division

<1% for Bye

5% to make it to superbowl.

No way our actual chance of making the playoffs is 65%. It is definitely higher.

17 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I wish I shared your optimism, but until I see Trubisky actually WIN a game with the Bills, it's really hard to put any stock into a guy who has played VERY little this season....

He was a decent starter on an otherwise crappy team for 3-4 years, so it's not like he's a rookie or a career backup. And he has a similar playing style to Josh, so there's no need to completely revamp the offense around him.

With that said, after the Jags game, I see nothing as a gimme this season. But if the rest of the team plays well, I don't see Mitch losing the Panthers game for us.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

He was a decent starter on an otherwise crappy team for 3-4 years, so it's not like he's a rookie or a career backup. And he has a similar playing style to Josh, so there's no need to completely revamp the offense around him.

With that said, after the Jags game, I see nothing as a gimme this season. But if the rest of the team plays well, I don't see Mitch losing the Panthers game for us.

Hope you're right!  🤞

12 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

I don't know if I want this Bills team in the playoffs.  It doesn't seem like they're built for a deep run.

First sentence doesn't make sense. Either you want any Bills team in the playoffs or you are really wierd fan.

Second sentence I strongly disagree. We are losing all close games this season. It will not last forever. I'd say we are actually ready for deep playoff run. I have no doubts whatsoever that this team can end up 7th seed, and then go and win road games vs Titans, Patriots and Chiefs.

Not to mention that I strongly believe we are still likely to win the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Also all those talking about seeing Trubisky.  Isnt going to happen Allen will be the starter on Sunday.  The ankle didnt keep him out yesterday, wont keep him out Sunday.  Lamar now THAT is a different story.

The Ravens are in deep ****. I could see the Bengals winning that division now despite the OT loss to SF.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

so if we make the playoffs at the sixth or seventh seed we get the 2nd or 3rd seed on the road - NE, Tenn, or KC ?   

KC would be nice to knock them out of the playoffs after last year.  Or NE so it's not "the Pats* are in another SB" story. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also all those talking about seeing Trubisky.  Isnt going to happen Allen will be the starter on Sunday.  The ankle didnt keep him out yesterday, wont keep him out Sunday.

Hope you're right.  Would really like to hear how that MRI scan goes today first though....

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Anything I'm missing?

If we win out and NE loses one more(possibly to Indy?), we win the division.

Really the only tough game for us is the NE rematch, and there is no real reason we can't win that game, so I wouldn't say that's such a crazy idea.

It's crazier to think we have put ourselves in this situation to begin with.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

Must you all be reminded we lost to the freaking Jags this year and put up only 6 points in that game.... If that can happen, Atlanta or Carolina can easily take us down 

They could but its highly unlikely. Upsets happen. Pats lost to the Dolphins. The Bengals and Titans lost to the Jets. The Titans lost to the Texans. The Bucs lost to the Redskins. The Bills backs are against the wall. They are home and playing an inferior opponent plus they are coming off two heartbreaking losses. I think they are pissed or should be and they will win comfortably this Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The key words in that tweet are "Often" and "By video".  Hope Chao is right, but I'd hardly call a video diagnosis conclusive that he won't miss any time.  Praying he won't and it is only minor.  Will feel better if we get that same from message from more official sources later today....

6 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

The key words in that tweet are "Often" and "By video".  Hope Chao is right, but I'd hardly call a video diagnosis conclusive that he won't miss any time.  Praying he won't and it is only minor.  Will feel better if we get that same from message from more official sources later today....

He has ben right more than he has been wrong.  And when he has been wrong it was often because he predicted WORST than actually was.

Even Allen said I dont think it will be that big of a deal.  And Rapaport saying mild case of turf toe

Edited by MAJBobby

This week should provide a lot of clarity to what we're looking at down the stretch..

KC/LAC

LV/CLE

NE/IND

TEN/PIT

CIN/DEN

GB/BAL

Strangely enough, there's a very real scenario consisting of Indy beating New England that results in us out of the Playoffs, even with a win over Carolina, on Monday morning.  

Of course, that then sets up the battle for the AFCE in Foxboro.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

This week should provide a lot of clarity to what we're looking at down the stretch..

KC/LAC

LV/CLE

NE/IND

TEN/PIT

CIN/DEN

GB/BAL

See if I have this right.

Chiefs, Raiders, Colts ( want a shot at the division so a Colts win here helps with that), Titans (we aren't catching them so might as well knock Pitt down as they have the tiebreaker over Buffalo), Bengals, Packers

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Anything I'm missing?

not wortied

,ok at the schedule

Cincinati still has baltimore and Cleveland 

cle eland still has Pittsburgh and cincinati

pittsburgh has Cleveland and baltimore 

Bottom two teams are going to be at 8 loses 

in the west you have a similar thing

charges and Broncos face all 3 division foes over the final 4 games.

baltimore has Rams and packers

Cincinati and pittsburgh play KC

new England has Miami and Indy and buffalo

miami has New England, Chargers, and titans

Titans have Miami and Pittsburgh and SF

baltimore has Minnesota and gb

Cleveland has gb and Vegas 

indy has vegas, arizona, and New England 

vegas has Indy and Cleveland

teams are going to be killing each other off in the standings.

buffalo wins out they are in the playoffs

buffalo win out and NE lose another they win the division

miami wins out and buffalo beats New England and New England lose another game, Miami is in 2nd blocking New England in tiebreakers for playoffs. Root for Indy to beat New England.

the NFC is crazier

if AZ beats Rams tonight …..

Rams have Seattle, min, balt, and dt louis. Thry woukd be 8-5

SF is 7-6

ATL,  NO, WAS, PHL, and MIN are all 6-7

SEA, CAR are 5-8

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

See if I have this right.

Chiefs, Raiders, Colts ( want a shot at the division so a Colts win here helps with that), Titans (we aren't catching them so might as well knock Pitt down as they have the tiebreaker over Buffalo), Bengals, Packers

Yup.. Indy/NE is a tough one with not knowing how the Bills/Pats rematch plays out. 

Beat NE and we, of course, will have wanted Indy to win.  Lose to NE, well then.. we will have hoped NE beat them as we all become Cardinals fans.  

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.