Playoff picture

Hebert19

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:
4 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

I don't know if I want this Bills team in the playoffs.  It doesn't seem like they're built for a deep run.

You must have turned off yesterdays game at halftime. 

Every team can win it all....ONCE YOU MAKE THE POST SEASON Team-to-team mismatches, Injuries, Wind (cough), luck, refs (cough, cough)

This team was 1 score short vs. NE, Titans, Tampa. Playoffs are NOW. Must wins CAR, ATL, NY.

• Like (+1) 2

I was playing with the playoff machine a little last night.  While I think Buffalo can beat NE the 2nd time around, say they lose to them and still win the other three, there's unfortunately a good chance they could miss.  With the rest of the teams, I just picked who I think would win.  I even created a scenario with the Ravens falling out due to a tough schedule and possibly losing Lamar.  Keep your eye on the winner of next week's Denver/Cincy game.

2 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I was playing with the playoff machine a little last night.  While I think Buffalo can beat NE the 2nd time around, say they lose to them and still win the other three, there's unfortunately a good chance they could miss.  With the rest of the teams, I just picked who I think would win.  I even created a scenario with the Ravens falling out due to a tough schedule and possibly losing Lamar.  Keep your eye on the winner of next week's Denver/Cincy game.

I dont know, more often than not I have them in at 10-7.  Winning the NE game would calm my nerves a whole lot though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

Oh, I know - just being goofy.  My kids aren't happy about how the season has gone & are in that "who cares if we even make the playoffs now" mode.  

After the drought, I'll never be like that.  Just get in.

We seem to be better on the road than at home…it would be pretty comical if we get the 6 or 7 seed and see the Derrick Henry-less titans in the first round.  I’d much prefer that to a home game against the colts. Then I don’t hate our chances against NE in round 2…the afc playoffs are truly a fresh start I could see absolutely anyone winning any game  what would not be comical is missing the playoffs 😂

18 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I dont know, more often than not I have them in at 10-7.  Winning the NE game would calm my nerves a whole lot though.

Yea that bengals game was scary last week 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

so if we make the playoffs at the sixth or seventh seed we get the 2nd or 3rd seed on the road - NE, Tenn, or KC ?   

If it ended today the Pats would get a bye, we would be on the road in Tenn, Colts at KC, Chargers at Balt.  You are thinking correctly, yes.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Carolina is gonna be a win no matter what. It's exactly the type of team Buffalo typically blows out. 

Patriots is kind of a must win. They need to fully Concentrate on stopping the rush and force Mac Jones to throw. I'm most worried about the refereeing as the NFL seems very eager for a Pats/Bucs Super Bowl + the fact that it's an away game. I give it a 50/50 shot.

I'm most worried about the Falcons game as they are streaky and Corradelle Patterson is a beast when he's running the ball. I hope it doesn't turn into another Jacksonville game.

Jets are the Jets and they will probably play hard, but ultimately the Bills will beat them by at least 10 points.

I think Buffalo somehow wins 3 out of 4. Will 10-7 be enough? 

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm surprised the Bills are only 19% to win division. Basically if Pats lose to Colts it is on. 

Yea depending on where you’re looking they’re using some algorithm to predict each individual game and we’re probably a pretty decently sized underdog to lose in foxborough.  That colts/pats game is extremely strange I think for strictly making the playoffs we want the pats to win 

6 hours ago, mattynh said:

I believe this team can make a run if they get in.   I don't care where they go, I think they could win.   I think the Bills would not be a welcome opponent in many teams eyes.  

This offense is so explosive and capable of wiping the floor w anybody. We took the defending champs to overtime and lost on some very questionable officiating. That game proved to me that they got it in them to compete in the playoffs if they somehow get in. 

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This offense is so explosive and capable of wiping the floor w anybody. We took the defending champs to overtime and lost on some very questionable officiating. That game proved to me that they got it in them to compete in the playoffs if they somehow get in. 

Huh? They got the ball in OT yesterday and did nothing. A good offense buries the Bucs on that first series in OT.

They could't score in the final minute inside the 10 against the Titans, Pats, and Bucs.

The offense doesn't produce when it matters. How many excuses are we going to make for them?

Edited by Evian
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Miami is going to beat New England week 18

I have a funny feeling that that’s the case as well but it could be just wishful thinking…those are two pretty similar teams on paper.  Teams I thought we were well built to compete with though and we lost to NE so what do I know lol seems like we like to run a lot of nickel and these well balanced teams that aren’t really transcendental running the football really struggle against our defense. Hoping that NE loss was wind related but it’s also very possible the pats offense gets much more effective in good conditions also when mac can mix in some throws and play action 

3 minutes ago, Evian said:

Huh? They got the ball in OT yesterday and did nothing. A good offense buries the Bucs on that first series in OT.

They could't score in the final minute inside the 10 against the Titans, Pats, and Bucs.

The offense doesn't produce when it matters. How many excuses are we going to make for them?

Also a fair point if the season ended today…I feel like we’re going to start connecting on some of these big plays but that’s based on almost nothing 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Evian said:

I said they are capable meaning they have potential. They scored 17 points in 6 minutes. The offense just needs that killer instinct to finish. If the refs correctly threw a flag, we would all be having a completely different conversation now. That's the NFL for you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I said they are capable meaning they have potential. They scored 17 points in 6 minutes. The offense just needs that killer instinct to finish. If the refs correctly threw a flag, we would all be having a completely different conversation now. That's the NFL for you. 

Yea that is truly a shame but what can you do…also josh going out of bounds by like an inch on the previous play.  Just feels like that kind of stuff keeps happening to us and our luck is gonna change. If he’s got smaller feet we likely have 2 more wins this season 😂 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The refs excuse is getting old. Great teams finish. This team refuses to finish off games. It is mind boggling. They put up 6 points against the Jags. How is that possible!!!

16 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea depending on where you’re looking they’re using some algorithm to predict each individual game and we’re probably a pretty decently sized underdog to lose in foxborough.  That colts/pats game is extremely strange I think for strictly making the playoffs we want the pats to win 

I think

ioure correct on the Colts/ Pats game. The Bills have more ways into the playoffs if the Pats win. Strange situation but that’s how it is. 

1 minute ago, Evian said:

The refs excuse is getting old. Great teams finish. This team refuses to finish off games. It is mind boggling. They put up 6 points against the Jags. How is that possible!!!

Is anyone saying the 2021 edition of the Bills are a great team? 

Just now, Evian said:

Yep I feel like there’s an optimistic side you can look at or a pessimistic side after this most recent loss.  It dilutes the colts game where we were absolutely stomped for 60 minutes and that looks more like an outlier than we can’t compete against good teams.  Flip side is that these have been almost all close losses and there are no moral victories…close loss in the playoffs gets you nothing 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea that is truly a shame but what can you do…also josh going out of bounds by like an inch on the previous play.  Just feels like that kind of stuff keeps happening to us and our luck is gonna change. If he’s got smaller feet we likely have 2 more wins this season 😂 

I'm used to it as a Bills fan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think

ioure correct on the Colts/ Pats game. The Bills have more ways into the playoffs if the Pats win. Strange situation but that’s how it is. 

Is anyone saying the 2021 edition of the Bills are a great team? 

Na we are the tremaine edmunds of football teams this year…tons of potential and we could turn it on at any moment but it has not happened against a great team for 60 minutes outside of the chiefs game and may never happen. 

It’s hard to say what to expect, as the team and specifically the offense has been so inconsistent.  

Most think the offense magically clicked yesterday in the second half (let's hope they did) but if you rewatch the second half, the Bucs defense did lay off the gas and were not blitzing nearly as much.  Are we being bamboozled a bit by the offense just getting some garbage time type production to let us back into it and Arians mismanaging the game?

I hope I am wrong, but we were down 3 possessions with very little time left in the 3rd quarter.  It’s not outside of the realm to think our offense took advantage of softer looks.  Yes the Bucs picked the heat back up late, but if I am a Bucs fan I am furious with how early they decided to lay off the gas on defense and effectively let us back in it. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish

5 minutes ago, Evian said:

If Diggs wasn't grabbed, he most likely scores that touchdown. It's not an excuse, it's FACT. The Bills got screwed last night and I'll take that to my grave. How are you not gonna throw a flag on that, but throw one when Evans wrapped his arms around the DB and pulled him down? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Na we are the tremaine edmunds of football teams this year…tons of potential and we could turn it on at any moment but it has not happened against a great team for 60 minutes outside of the chiefs game and may never happen. 

Good analogy. That question was directed at Evian btw. 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If Diggs wasn't grabbed, he most likely scores that touchdown. It's not an excuse, it's FACT. The Bills got screwed last night and I'll take that to my grave. How are you not gonna throw a flag on that, but throw one when Evans wrapped his arms around the DB and pulled him down? 

The Bills could have gotten the ball on the 1 yard line on a PI call, and they still might not have scored. They don't finish.

Edited by Evian
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'm used to it as a Bills fan. 

Haha this is actually kind of new for us in my opinion…we are the underperforming team that could maybe go on a run if we get our sh*t together.  We are certainly battle tested this year and have had to adapt to all kinds of terrible situations…it felt like we were on cruise control last season until the playoffs then the colts were dangerously close to bouncing us in the first round 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha this is actually kind of new for us in my opinion…we are the underperforming team that could maybe go on a run if we get our sh*t together.  We are certainly battle tested this year and have had to adapt to all kinds of terrible situations…it felt like we were on cruise control last season until the playoffs then the colts were dangerously close to bouncing us in the first round 

At this point I'm hoping to just make it in. Screw the division title. My gut tells me that this just isn't our year, but yes the Bills are fully capable of going on a Giants kind of Superbowl run if they get hot at the right time. 

1 minute ago, Evian said:

This team? What evidence is there they would finish. None.

I guess we'll never really know.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

11 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

It’s hard to say what to expect, as the team and specifically the offense has been so inconsistent.  

Most think the offense magically clicked yesterday in the second half (let's hope they did) but if you rewatch the second half, the Bucs defense did lay off the gas and were not blitzing nearly as much.  Are we being bamboozled a bit by the offense just getting some garbage time type production to let us back into it and Arians mismanaging the game?

I hope I am wrong, but we were down 3 possessions with very little time left in the 3rd quarter.  It’s not outside of the realm to think our offense took advantage of softer looks.  Yes the Bucs picked the heat back up late, but if I am a Bucs fan I am furious with how early they decided to lay off the gas on defense and effectively let us back in it. 

Yea could that could definitely be the case…although the bucs softer defense was specifically supposed to prevent allowing quick scores and how did that go.  They kind of reminded me of the falcons in that super bowl vs NE where they came out with their hair on fire and completely gassed out down the stretch.   I think the opposing coach has done some really questionable stuff and we were a play away of making them look like fools both games 🤣 that belichick gameplan against us has really soured on me now that the shock of running the ball 4000 times and winning the game has worn off 

6 minutes ago, Evian said:

This team? What evidence is there they would finish. None.

Have we had a first and goal on the 1 ever this season? I can’t think of one offhand.  Denying a sneak is pretty difficult within a yard 

11 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yea it’s a fair point and I have argued that as well but at the end of the day it doesn’t count as anything more than a moral victory if you believe in such things.  A Brady-led team is not gonna lose on a call like that regardless of how unfair it is…I’ve watched three or four bucs games start to finish the last two years and the bucs got a game saving call/no call in every single one 

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

If we win next week and NE wins two in a row we are up around 70 % to make the playoffs still. Problem is if the colts win we really cannot afford losing to NE but it gives us a shot at the division…that would turn it into a tossup where we need a decent amount of help…I hate to say it but I wouldn’t mind NE winning next week.  All the afc contenders have pretty brutal schedules incoming so I still like our chances. Us upsetting NE seems a lot more likely than some of these teams beating kc or gb or arizona

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Can Bills still get the #1 seed?

The best the Bills can finish is 11-6.  They could get the number one seed but that would require no team getting to 12-5 or teams we lost to head to head finishing 10-7.  So there would need to be upsets...Den beating KC and Chargers; Pitts, SF and Miami beating Tenn; KC beating Chargers next week; and Colts losing to Cards.  Those last two wouldn't necessarily be upsets.

15 hours ago, Big Turk said:

If we win out and NE loses one more(possibly to Indy?), we win the division.

Really the only tough game for us is the NE rematch, and there is no real reason we can't win that game, so I wouldn't say that's such a crazy idea.

It's crazier to think we have put ourselves in this situation to begin with.

New england wont lose again in the regular season, to strong of a team at every position group, if you want to make some easy money Saturday teast the pats from +2 to - 6.5 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

Bring on the Titans.....i want the rematch

This is imo the best scenario if we don't win the division.

In such case its road game against Pats, Chiefs or Titans most likely and I like Titans the most. We are due to win there even if Henry is back and that would be a great start to playoffs.

2 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

New england wont lose again in the regular season, to strong of a team at every position group, if you want to make some easy money Saturday teast the pats from +2 to - 6.5

if you want to make some money, put your money where your mouth is on this...

5 hours ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Right...now they are the second coming of the 85 Bears. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.