Star Lotulelei OUT with COVID - Could Miss Next Week Too

JohnNord

39 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

doubt NFL does anything about this for the rest of this season.  its too late to fight the NFLPA.  clearly there are alot of players who have "decided" to not get vaxxed.   Star being out,  Rothlisberger being out,  Rodgers being out last week,  Mitch,  tons of other no names from other teams we dont really hear about,   this isnt really all that surprising.

the thing that gets me is,  these guys have access to the best medical knowledge in the world in most cases,  and i guess it doesnt mean much.

sucks about Star,  the odds were good this would happen tho.   how long b4 another big time star or QB gets hit with it and cost his team games and or playoffs seeding etc?   we shall see.

I’m starting to wonder if half of these players already had Covid multiple times last season and the league hid it, therefore some players don’t think they actually need the vaccine, which is also stupid, but not quite as stupid.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  we didn't draft him high (over an olineman) just to sit on the bench. Start getting him reps.

I was really surprised to see him Inactive against the Titans. I thought he played really well against KC. And if there was a game where we needed added size on the D-Line it was against Tenn. 

4 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m starting to wonder if half of these players already had Covid multiple times last season and the league hid it, therefore some players don’t think they actually need the vaccine, which is also stupid, but not quite as stupid.

LOL that would be so sketchy.  The difference between this season and last season is that the regulation were much stricter last year.  I think that’s part of the reason why there seemed to be less players out 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Do you have statistics of players placed on Covid exempt lists for each week?

Even if I did, it wouldn’t help because we have no way to know whether they’re close contacts or infected.

4 hours ago, BadboyBills said:

I think he's unable to get vaxxed due to a medical condition. Don't have a source for this tho, just heard it here somewhere.

Come back with a source and some info.  I don’t think you heard it from a reputable or knowledgeable source.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

We didn't have him against a better colts team last year and we won.

We didn't have him at all last year and won 13 regular season games. 

Try not being so miserable and pessimist about everything.

I mean the point is Star is good for our team against the run and the Colts are good at running, it'd be ideal to have him for that game.

I know this vaccine has been talked about ad nauseum but I'll always stand with a player like Sanders (and every other vaccine hesitant player who got the vaccine) over Star because he's willing to sacrifice themselves keeping the ultimate team goal in mind.  I'll just leave it at this tweet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I know this vaccine has been talked about ad nauseum but I'll always stand with a player like Sanders (and every other vaccine hesitant player who got the vaccine) over Star because he's willing to sacrifice themselves keeping the ultimate team goal in mind.  I'll just leave it at this tweet.

Good for him, but stop it already. It's just a game. "I'll always stand by blah blah blah". Star doesn't care what you think. Neither does Sanders.

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So Star has had COVID twice?

No he never had it this summer. He was a close contact of a covid positive case during training camp and had to be placed in that 5 day quarantine protocol but he tested negative for covid and was back in 5 days.

• Thank you (+1) 1